Founded in the year 580 AH, The Holy Church of the All Father, known simply
as 'The Church', provides spiritual sanctity and comfort to over 95% of the
population. This page is devoted to providing more detail into this religion and
- There is only one god, most commonly seen as male, but sometimes 'All
Mother' works just as well. An all powerful and all knowing being that
oversees the workings of the universe entire. God is ultimately forgiving,
but not always within the space of a lifetime. Death is the ultimate karma
- Any other 'god' is a flawed and imperfect perception of god. Those who believe
in multiple deities are simply overwhelmed by the majesty of the all
father and have to break it down into smaller pieces for ease of thought.
There is no sin in this as long as one remembers that in the end, God is
true and final.
- Leading a life of great sin and evil will cause someone to be
reincarnated as a monster, and forced to live life in the warped and
mutilated form until such time as put to the death by a more righteous
man, at which time the soul will be free to attempt reincarnation again.
- All return to Gaia upon death. Gaia is the planet, and should not be
confused with God. Gaia is not a God, but a creation of god, as we all
are. We all share and mingle in Gaia in our death before one eventually
reincarnates in a new form. Virtuous and good living leads to higher
planes of being. Sin and evil leads to monstrosity.
- Slaves are people destined to serve. In this existence, their soul has a
chance for deep inner contemplation and reflection. It is said that a lifetime
of proper slavery will cleanse and strengthen the immortal soul, preparing
it for a higher existence. Because of this, Slaves are to be treated with
respect, even as ordered. Tis noble to be humble, after all.
- All good children of god will find time in their lives at least once a
week to come to church and join in the communal praising of god and thanks
giving for the world he has provided for us. In addition, it is
thought to be good to say thanks in prayer once a day in the solitude of
ones home. Tithing should be done when it is possible, but it does not
behoove god to have you give up your last gil to him.
Views on the Spirit World
- Spirits are souls without physical form. They hold the capacity for both
good and evil just as anything with a physical form. They are not to be
confused with God or as a God as they are not without death, even if it
does not come as easily to them as us.
- Spirits of light and good are to be given assistance when called for
just as any good person should be given assistance. Their goals are the
same as ours. Those of darkness and evil should be banished and warded
off, lest they corrupt you with their presence.
- Some spirits, like people, are created with the purpose of serving.
These spirits are never to be harmed, for they are holy in the eyes of
God. Should the man that a spirit is serving be pure of heart, the spirit
will be a boon to the world. However, callers of dark persuasion should be
hunted immediately, for the spirits they come in contact with will be a
curse, a blight upon the world.
- There is a world much like our own, the spirit world. God knows of this
world, as he created it. It is not our part to enter this world unless in
death. To force entry to the spirit world is blasphemous and will weigh heavily
on the soul. Spirits can be called to the physical world for brief periods
without divine retribution.
Of Church and State
- The church is the ear that hears the word of god. The empire is the
hand, that achieves its will. Working in concert, the church and empire
can bring about the desires of god and prosperity for all of humanity.
- Both church and empire are holy in the eyes of God. (In actuality, the
two do fight for position and power, but they keep it out of public light)
- To question either is blasphemous even in thought and should be repented
for immediately along with the expunging of such notions before they can
do harm to yourself or other citizens.
Views on Magic
- Magic touches upon the raw power of God's creation. It is capable of
amazing good and terrifying evil. Because of this, the use of magic should
be watched and monitored carefully for signs of Corruption. Because of
this, the church fully supports the existence of the Mages Guild.
- Those who use magic for evil are even more vile than monsters and should
be treated with ultimate prejudice. Kill on sight, questions reserved for
later. If such a being can somehow be restrained without risking the life
of a virtuous man, his crimes should be explained to him. If he is truly
repentful, he will give up all ties to magic and finish his life in
peaceful co existence with the world. If he refuses, Death is the best
thing for all.
Views on Technology
- Technology is a smote in the eye of god. A defiance of his grand order
in the highest scale. While he deems to tolerate it, know that all
acts of technology will ultimately result in failure, pain, and possibly
death. No tears should be shed for the man killed working with such heresy.
- A man who works science in public risks the lives of everyone around
him. Provide him with nothing, do not speak to him. The less contact you
have with such people, the less likely you will be hurt when their devices
fail them in God's anger.
- Above all else, any technology made to imitate the workings of the
living being are the highest of technological sins. Such a creation should
be destroyed immediately, and its creator imprisoned until the weight of
his sins is realized by him.
Views on Paladins and Knights
- Paladins are the shield and sword of the Church. Holy warriors, accepted
as god with the task of protecting the innocent and the holy. A paladin
may never be charged with the crime of murder unless he is first proven
unworthy as a paladin for no paladin may strike down an innocent man, the
blade will not cut.
- No god fearing man should strike at a Paladin. A paladin should be
housed and fed when possible in their journeys, for they are likely on a
mission to keep you safe from the darkness, and this kindness should be
- Paladins will assist Guards and Enforcers when possible, assisting them
in the capture of dangerous criminals. As a rule, Paladins prefer to bring
in such criminals alive, but will not hesitate to deal out death should
the offender threaten an innocent within their sight.
Views on Marriage/Romance
- Marriage creates a permanent tie between souls. When people enter a
marriage, they are bonding much deeper than the physical. They are fated
to be wed in every incarnation they will ever experience. As rocks, trees,
animals, birds, and fish, in each one, they will find one another and know
the happiness of love.
- Because of this incredible longevity, it is urged strongly that all be
sure of their commitment before entering a church with the intent of
entering such a deep relationship.
- A marriage may contain 2 to six different people of both male and female
gender. At least one of either gender should be present as a marriage
without fertility is cursed from the beggining. Since fertility has
expanded to allow cross-species child raising, the taboo on cross-species
marriages has dwindled away.
- Outside of a marriage, one should not have sex. Sex is a minor form of
bonding and those who are not of the carnal circle risk damaging their
soul if they bond in such a fashion without the deep bond of marriage in
- Inside marriage, sex with others is both illegal and spiritually
unacceptable. Damage is done to both the sinner and his partners when
another is taken to bed who is not of the marriage. Those of the carnal
circle may copulate with married individuals without risk.
- Carnal Circle - Those of the carnal circle are people who offer
sex as a profession, prostitutes. All prostitutes are licensed and
registered with the church. In the process of getting the license, they
are put through several cleansing and alignment rituals that, reportedly,
makes the soul of the individual 'slippery' and adaptable. They become
unable, in this incarnation, to bond with anyone. Thus, they can have sex
outside of wedlock, and with those inside of wedlock, without risking
damage to either's soul or their own. Many such prostitutes also report a
lack of fertility, but this is of little surprise as the bond is said to
be how a soul is called into a female.
Views on Sex
- As noted previously, sex outside of wedlock is frowned upon. Adultery is
outright banned, legally and religiously.
- Different 'forms' of sexual intercourse are permitted, there is no
religiously established 'best' way to go about it.. When a priest can be
coaxed to talk at length on the topic, the general response is that each
married group should find what works best for them and is the most
- Sex should not be done excessively, it's a deeply spiritual moment and
should not be abused or overused for risk of tiring or damaging ones soul
in the exertion. Those of the carnal circle are supposedly resistant to
such spiritual fatigue, since their spirit is not actually bonding during
- Sex is a private act and should be kept that way. To have it witnessed
is generally considered to be a tainting act, and can corrupt the souls of
those being watched.