Trying to Set Up Build Environment

Re: Trying to Set Up Build Environment

Postby michael74 » Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:42 am

Thanks for helping.
michael74

Postby Razor75 » Thu Jun 04, 2015 6:28 am

Any way to get this thing to compile faster? This is going to make testing changes a serious pain.
Razor75

Postby TigerStripes » Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:03 pm

Razor75 wrote:Any way to get this thing to compile faster? This is going to make testing changes a serious pain.

Choosing the 'Go!' button rather than the 'Release' button is likely slightly faster, as it is not writing a completed .gblorb file, but the bulk of the time is because of the huge nature of our game. I know your pain though. My old laptop really chugged back whenever I was traveling and using it for writing/coding. My new computer is better, but we've continued to grow and it's gradually taking longer and longer.
TigerStripes

Postby xenya485 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:11 am

Now I know. Thanks a lot.
xenya485

Postby nastyy » Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:38 pm

Thanks for sharing, I appreciate.
nastyy

Postby beata90 » Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:24 am

Useful and helpful.
beata90

Postby luisiana » Thu Aug 06, 2015 1:06 am

Good one, thanks.
luisiana

Postby Gryphbear » Wed May 17, 2017 4:51 pm

Hello - I was wondering - what is a Code 11 in Inform? It's failing to Compile the FS game that I downloaded from Github. I tried to follow the directions in this thread - with the exception of connecting it to Github, which I don't know if it's required to work or not.

I do have a Github account now but I haven't the faintest idea how to use it yet. (Sorry. :( )

Translating the Source - Failed
The application ran your source text through the Inform 7 compiler, as usual, but the compiler unexpectedly failed. This should not happen even if your source text is gibberish, so you may have uncovered a bug in the program.

When a program like the I7 compiler fails, it typically returns an error number: this time, the number was 11, and that probably indicates that the compiler failed to manage its data structures properly. Perhaps you created a complicated situation on which it has not been fully tested.

The best option now is probably to reword whatever was last changed and to try again. Subsequent attempts will not be affected by the failure of this one, so there is nothing to be gained by restarting the application or the computer. A failed run should never damage the source text, so your work cannot be lost.

I'm not entirely sure what it means - other than it has to do with data structures?
Gryphbear

Postby Wahn » Thu May 18, 2017 7:56 am

There should be a detailed breakdown why the compile didn't work in the inform console... that should tell you the line of code and reason why things didn't work out.
Wahn

PreviousNext

Return to Dev Chat