Typos and Bugs

Re: Typos and Bugs

Postby Sheogorath » Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:40 pm

Thank you for the potential fix Wahn, I'll be sure to give a shot in a little while and let you guys know if it works or not. Although I don't know how the save word is getting damaged in the first place, since I don't modify it or anything.
Blessed are the cheese makers.
Sheogorath

Postby Wahn » Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:29 am

^^ How numbers from the saveword can just be lost makes me curious too. May I ask which version of the game you play (web version, raw file + client, installer) and how you handle your savewords? Are you copying them out by hand, across a line break maybe? I suspect that may have something to do with it, because the saveword as you posted it here has line breaks in exactly those places where it's got missing character... maybe you accidentally deleted those when taking out the line break characters to recite it and then saved the so corrupted version?
Wahn

Postby Sheogorath » Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:41 pm

I use the Flexible Survival, Flexible Society, Flexible Infection installer version on my comp. As for the save word I always copy and paste the entire thing into a word doc.
Blessed are the cheese makers.
Sheogorath

Postby Savriss » Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:08 am

Inasmuch as I am able to tell, Alexandra does not seem to get into her conversation about other NPCs.

I've taken a look at the code, and one thing that struck me is this line :
no_AlexandraNPC is a number that varies. no_AlexandraNPC is usually 255.
and the fact NPC chats only happen after
no_AlexandraNPC - turns > 3

Does this mean 255 turns must elapse before the first conversation comes up?

Further, more as a suggestion, what about taking out the check to make sure each conversation happens only once? That way, more of her conversation will come up regularly.

The same goes for her sex scene with Sarah.
Pygmalion, craft me my own Galatea!
Savriss

Postby TigerStripes » Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:25 pm

Savriss wrote:Inasmuch as I am able to tell, Alexandra does not seem to get into her conversation about other NPCs.

I've taken a look at the code, and one thing that struck me is this line :
no_AlexandraNPC is a number that varies. no_AlexandraNPC is usually 255.
and the fact NPC chats only happen after
no_AlexandraNPC - turns > 3

Does this mean 255 turns must elapse before the first conversation comes up?

Further, more as a suggestion, what about taking out the check to make sure each conversation happens only once? That way, more of her conversation will come up regularly.

The same goes for her sex scene with Sarah.

'Turns' is a sneaky variable. It starts at 240 and counts down. In a normal game, if you received no time extensions, the game would end when turns equalled 0. As extended time is added, the stopping point for the game decreases into negative values, resulting in turns descending into negative values after the initial 30 days are up.

The arrangement with Alexandra is such that if there were no NPCs to discuss when it attempted it three turns or less earlier, it won't go through the rigmarole of checking again.

After an extensive test to obtain several NPCs and capture Bad Alexandra, I gave her a test run and she performed as expected. The NPC dialog bits are set to only show up once for each (though some could potentially have a stepped progression). This is so they are cleared out of the potential queue so newer arrivals will get a good chance of being talked about even if you've got a crowd already there.

The scene between Sarah and Alexandra's about them hooking up for the first time and so isn't suitable to be repeated as is. Adding more scenes or the option for a threesome with them after that is a definite possibility.
TigerStripes

Postby Savriss » Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:43 am

Consolidated Events Park CEP2, original version.
While traveling through the park, you come across what is obviously a caretakers jeep, the off-road vehicle just sitting there in the middle of the area with its drivers side door wide open. Moving closer to investigate you realize a strange and powerful smell is coming from within the jeep, it smells like whoever was in the vehicle got sprayed by one of those wandering skunks. Sadly you realize, with as much of the musk as was sprayed into the jeep, if you tried to take the vehicle, even if it worked you probably wouldn't get far before turning into a skunk beast like you assume must have happened to the vehicles former owner. Sighing you continue on your way.

Suggested update.
While traveling through the park, you come across what is obviously a caretakers jeep. The off-road vehicle is just sitting in the middle of a grassy area with its drivers side door wide open. Moving closer to investigate, you notice that there is a strange and powerful smell is coming from within the jeep and realize that it seems like whoever was in the vehicle got sprayed by one of those wandering skunks and has probably been transformed into another of the beasts. Sadly, you realize that whether the jeep works or not is irrelevant as the powerful and lingering musk would probably also change you into a skunk beast before you got very far. Sighing, you continue on your way.

Reptaur desc, original version.
The slow and quiet thumps of feet hitting the ground has your head turning just in time to see the scaly face of a four legged reptile-morph coming up to you. Dark eyes burning with quiet rage you swallow thickly as you note the pervasive scent of male musk and sweat clinging from off the creature's muscular form. While normally you wouldn't be too mindful of facing down an overgrown reptile mutate, this one gives you some pause for thought. With an upper body that looks like a cross between a serpent's and a man's that just so happens to be covered in green scales, a thick eight pack making up its torso, four horse-like legs that come to an end at clawed feet instead of hooves, and a six foot tail that looks thick enough to coil around your body twice over...you find yourself somewhat slightly daunted in the face of this strange mutated beast.

Suggested alternative.
The slow and quiet thumps of feet hitting the ground draws your attention just in time to see the scaly figure of a four legged reptile-morph coming at you, it's dark eyes burning with quiet rage. You swallow thickly as you note the pervasive scent of male musk and sweat that emanates from the creature's muscular form. While normally you wouldn't be too mindful of facing down an overgrown reptile mutant, this one gives you some pause for thought. With an upper body that looks like a cross between a serpent and a man, the thing is covered in green scales and has a thick eight pack making up its torso. From the waist down, there are four horse-like legs that come to an end at clawed feet instead of hooves and a six foot tail that looks thick and heavy. You ready yourself to face this strange and dauntingly mutated beast.
Pygmalion, craft me my own Galatea!
Savriss

Postby TigerStripes » Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:21 pm

Thanks for the updated versions of these. I'll send them along shortly, the Reptaur with random scale colour reinserted.
TigerStripes

Postby soul4hdwn » Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:46 pm

saveword issues.
Code: Select all
13}17}18}13}13}13}8}88}56}-996}0}human}human}Wyvern}Wyvern}Wyvern}5}0}1}2}0}0}5}3}0}0}journal}0}0}1}0}nothing}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}000100B}0}0}0}0}3}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0
chantpartA}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0000000000000N}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}57}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}6}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}100}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0
chantpartB}0}0}0}0000000000000B}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0
on putting in the third piece, chant b, i gain this:

ERROR - Creature "Jaguar Warrior" not found. (setmonster)Your spell washes through the universe. Trixie taps you on your human nose lightly. "All done!"

i checked the story skipper file and couldn't find a reason for this. i performed recite separately for each of the 3 parts. first two recites properly (based on the game file) outputs the "your spell... trixie... all done" part though. edit: also "snow" is apparently now an npc in bunker.
soul4hdwn

Postby Dormir » Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:38 am

There's a typo in the Giraffe defeat sex scene
Unwilling to continue to resist the giraffe's advances, you are pulled into a French kiss that dives her long, blue tongue down your throat. You can't help but moan into this kiss as her agile tongue squirms inside you, sending shivers of delight through your body. In a daze after the kiss, she pushes you down into a nearby room, onto a bed and leaps atop you.
You are pushed over onto your stomach and something warm and moist prods against your slit. You brace yourself for a pounding from the feral mutant, but instead what penetrates you moves about inside of you, hitting every little point of pleasure it can find. You dare a look behind you to see the giraffe's muzzle pushed between your legs, her tongue working wonders inside you as it plumbs your very depths. After a while, she pulls his head back, sliding her body up along your backside as a different heat replaces the last one. And as the giraffe's long neck rubs against yours, you realize this is the one you expected before, her massive cock pushing into you and stretching your asshole wide now that she's gotten you ready with her tongue.
With her tongue having prepared you, her large cock spears into you easily. Vigorous thrusting brings both you and the giraffe quickly to an orgasm. You feel her hot seed spreading throughout your womb, a gush of fluid from your cunt soaking your thighs. Her large output leaves your belly plump and rounded, as if already pregnant with the giraffe's well-hung offspring. Your cock gives a twitch as it sprays the bedding beneath you with ropey streams of your own cum. Done with you, the giraffe pulls out, a gush of her seed flowing from your distended cunt as she strides off in search of more amusement, leaving you behind to recover as best you can.

That seems like a pretty big error.I'm playing a herm,by the way;which I assume is the reason for this misunderstanding.

And for some reason,even if I'm not an egg bearing type,no matter my species my characters bears eggs.

There also seems to be a problem with Francois' baking,when trying to get him to bake all that comes up is a blank screen.
Dormir

Postby TigerStripes » Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:39 pm

Dormir wrote:<problems>

Thanks for the heads up on these.

Somehow the M/H and F/H were swapped, the anal version having the reverse problem.

As for the egg issue, egg-impregnation is driven by your suitor, not by your own form. Should you alter your preferences, you can ensure you're always giving live birth or (with help from Dr. Medea) laying eggs. If you have an issue beyond that, let me know and I'll try looking into it later.

As for François, I'll ask GentlemanB to look into it. I don't think any changes were made to him, so it should still be working fine.
TigerStripes

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat