Wiki Page about Saving/Loading

Wiki Page about Saving/Loading

Postby userpay » Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:52 am

Just a thought but perhaps could either the Save Word page be updated or a new wiki page be created describing how the new(ish) save/load system works? In my case at least, given that I play infrequently, I keep managing to forget the exact way things work and even when I figure it out I'm not 100% sure that its still working as intended.
userpay

Re: Wiki Page about Saving/Loading

Postby Wahn » Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:36 pm

Saving within your normal playthrough: save/restore

Transferring progress to a new game version: saveword/see below
- If you do have the offline version, "saveword" creates files and writes the code in there - then you can just type "load game" next to Trixie and it'll automatically read the files and apply them
- Otherwise, you'll have to "recite" all three parts of the saveword to Trixie
Wahn

Postby userpay » Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:44 am

Thank you kindly Wahn. If noone else beats me to it I'll see about posting that on the wiki within the next few days.

I am somewhat curious however as to whether its possible to edit the save files like you can the save word.
userpay

Postby userpay » Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:30 am

Actually on a semi related note when you're upgrading to a new version with the installer can you just overwrite the existing installation or do you have to remove it?
userpay

Postby Wahn » Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:37 am

userpay wrote:Actually on a semi related note when you're upgrading to a new version with the installer can you just overwrite the existing installation or do you have to remove it?

No idea, in all honesty - I play with the raw game files and the interpreter WinGlulxe. There, you just grab the current file and open it with the interpreter and that's it. Quick and easy, no re-installing required.
Wahn

Postby userpay » Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:53 pm

Wahn wrote:
userpay wrote:Actually on a semi related note when you're upgrading to a new version with the installer can you just overwrite the existing installation or do you have to remove it?

No idea, in all honesty - I play with the raw game files and the interpreter WinGlulxe. There, you just grab the current file and open it with the interpreter and that's it. Quick and easy, no re-installing required.

Hmm, truth be told I use the installer but I think I use WinGlulxe to actually run the game. I'll give doing it via the raw files a try and see how it works.
userpay

Return to General Chat