Trouble With The New Demon Content

Trouble With The New Demon Content

Postby gvim » Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:30 am

I can't get it to happen, no matter how much I run around I never get attacked by the demon patrols or whatever. Is there something obvious that I am missing, is it only in a specific area, or is it because I have evil Elijah?
gvim

Re: Trouble With The New Demon Content

Postby chaos199416 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:23 am

You can't get it with evil elijah and also it only appears in grey abbey and the redlight district
chaos199416

Postby gvim » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:26 am

Great! Now I just have to figure out how to get rid of evil Elijah from the save chant thing.
gvim

Postby chaos199416 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:43 am

You can't i think you have to restart completely
chaos199416

Postby gvim » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:00 am

:I Damn
gvim

Postby gvim » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:23 am

I still want a second opinion though, i'll just wait for one of the devs or something to wander upon my thread and confirm or deny this before I do anything drastic like starting over.
gvim

Postby Wahn » Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:29 pm

The new demon content is indeed only available if:

- Elijah was saved
- Elijah is not corrupted/evil
- Elijah is awake (up and talking after the healing potion quest)

If those points are met, you can then encounter imps hunting for you during travel (nav) to the mall, library and red light district. There is a 33% chance to run into one every time you travel (maximum one per day, so its not too much of a spam).

----------

Elijah's relevant saveword passage is fairly easy to find actually. Check out this excerpt of my testing playthrough:

chantpartA}3}0}6}0}0}2}0}0}0}0}0}1}0}1}3}0}0}0}0}1}0}0}0}0}0}0}1}0000000000000N} <- That long chunk there at the end is the variable for Elijah's interactions with 13 other NPCs. And before that is Elijah's hp (in this testing save I had just rescued him, done nothing else). Check this overview what value means what:

[ HP states of Elijah
[ 0: Chained up in the Chapel
[ 1: At Bunker, unconscious
[ 2: At Bunker, revival quest started
[ 3: At Bunker, up and talking + clueless virgin
[ 4: At Bunker, more human-like
[ 99: At Bunker, Evil Elijah
[ 100: Lost to the demons

You could just switch evil Eli (99) to unconscious (1) in the bunker - but there might still be some small conflicts of wrongly enabled events with Gabriel from when Eli was evil.

Anyways, this should allow you to check out the new stuff for now, but I'd recommend a clean playthrough without saveword editing in the future. You could always just use part of the saveword - the first line of it up to the weapon you carry is mainly your character details... you can carry that over no matter what, just leave the rest off and that way you can use a strong char to play through "fresh" scenes and events that unfold as they should.
Wahn

Postby alitaisirhasan » Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:29 pm

I can't seem to get the bad end. Either by losing to the fight or being hunted by the hellhounds. I am simply given the end game script as if I'd run out of time. I am transformed without any message, and am simply given the good ending because my sanity is unaffected.
alitaisirhasan

Postby Wahn » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:11 am

alitaisirhasan wrote:I can't seem to get the bad end. Either by losing to the fight or being hunted by the hellhounds. I am simply given the end game script as if I'd run out of time. I am transformed without any message, and am simply given the good ending because my sanity is unaffected.

Oh really? Hm, might have a typo somewhere in the ending - I'll have to test that over the weekend...
Wahn

Return to General Chat