Code: lastorcasex Issue (Bouncy Castle)

Code: lastorcasex Issue (Bouncy Castle)

Postby UsernamePending » Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:10 pm

Was looking through the Bouncy Castle code today when I found an issue. Where lastorcasex (the value for the big orca toy) is usually 255 and becomes 254 when you find it, there's no way to get it lower than that without a code prompt from an event that requires either a very high turn number or a lower lastorcasex. Unless it counts for turns throughout the campaign, this means there is no way of getting sex'd by the orca toy. Is this a bug, have I not tested for it enough, or is there code missing?

Was looking on Github. Did a ctrl+f of lastorcasex, the variable in question.
UsernamePending

Re: Code: lastorcasex Issue (Bouncy Castle)

Postby UsernamePending » Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:08 pm

Found the main bit of the issue: Where there is a < symbol, a > belongs to signify that the orca needed time to recover and otherwise would have just bumped you away. It's the only logical thing I can see causing the issue. This is most likely the issue, or the orca sex scene wouldn't be achievable without missing lines of code.

I know there's a ton of code for the encounter, so I used control f to find the value and found the issue (
Code: Select all
if lastorcasex - turns < 4:
).
UsernamePending

Postby UsernamePending » Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:40 am

I don't mean to be pushy, but I read through the GitHub and really like the content left inaccessible by the code.
UsernamePending

Postby TigerStripes » Sun Jul 10, 2016 5:02 am

UsernamePending wrote:I don't mean to be pushy, but I read through the GitHub and really like the content left inaccessible by the code.

Sorry for not getting this earlier. I've located the issue and am correcting it, though it's unclear when it originated as I remember thoroughly testing that castle addition when it was first created. There are signs of someone tweaking the text, causing a secondary issue at that same point which I'm also fixing by looking at an earlier version. Taking the opportunity, I've played through the Bouncy Castle again, testing several aspects of it and making a couple of other minor corrections and typo fixes.
TigerStripes

Postby Crissa » Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:53 pm

I'd point out that the Recover value is nearly always lower than the escape value - in all the critters that use it.

I'm not sure if it's intentional, but mathematically, Recover is at most static and at worse puts you in a worse position.

Personally, I'd favor a higher value, so the scenes can go on longer, but it should be buffed by something other than will, too.

-Crissa
Crissa

Return to General Chat