Bovine in the Park

Bovine in the Park

Postby ssm0use » Sun May 01, 2016 1:50 pm

Love what was done with the mail and female Bovine. But that addiction to the bovine's milk makes continuing to play very tough if the player wishes to continue in the bovine form. I'd love to see some more done so that the character could fight the addiction or possibly start manufacturing milk so that essentially the player could feed herself or maybe convert food to milk. Maybe the female bovine could extort the character to perform a service to get the cure.

anyway. thing what's been done with the game is fantastic and now I'm just going done odd paths to see what will happen.

Cheers!
ssm0use

Re: Bovine in the Park

Postby TigerStripes » Sun May 01, 2016 3:01 pm

I tweaked the Bovine milk mechanics a while ago to try and help deal with that, but let me recheck it, as I don't recall the details.

The milk-thirst mechanics are a part of the original creature. My adjustments were to curb the effects slightly and allow for an eventual out. You should be able to recover from your milk addiction over time as long as you avoid more milk and bull-fucking. Using milk to fight this is actually a trap, as it also increases the variable responsible - while this decreases your immediate need, all it does is end up prolonging your condition. The thirst damage will unfortunately get worse before it stops. It'll go away faster if you swap infections (and won't actually affect you), though you can recover even as a Bovine as long as you stay away from more milk and bull-fucking. Sex with Bradford will also rapidly decrease that counter - that's probably the fastest cure.

All that said, I'll send a patch later to make clearing through it a little faster.
TigerStripes

Postby ssm0use » Mon May 02, 2016 9:38 am

Thanks. Didn't occur to me to try and wait it out. And I definitely fell into the trap of going back repeatedly. I was originally thinking it was only causing a big problem if you beat up the cow first and then drank.
ssm0use

Postby UsernamePending » Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:17 pm

I've been experimenting with the bovines a bit, and I've died from thirst out of pure bad luck recently when hunting for bovines. Even with unerring hunter I manage to find male bovines enough to let me die of thirst. So, I propose two things:

A seperation of the hunting category for the male and female bovines.
If you're in the park when you cap out on thirst and have the bovine heat, you automatically find the bovine and drink greedily, causing extra infection and sanity loss but saving your life.

I think that these two changes would make the bovine infection a lot more practical to maintain.

Also aside from luck the heat is a bit easy to deal with compared to what I'd expected.
UsernamePending

Postby TigerStripes » Sat Sep 17, 2016 3:47 am

UsernamePending wrote:<Separating male and female bovines>

The males should only come up 30% of the time. I guess you had really bad luck in this case. It's always best to have extra fluids on hand should you be coping with the bovine thirst or planning to do so. Unfortunately, changing the bovine infection to allow for hunting of either gender would require the creature be rebuilt as two creatures and tweaking their infection mechanics. Doing so would break down some of its principles and make it easy for players to avoid the wrath of the bulls entirely. It's something I'll consider, but won't be doing at the moment.
TigerStripes

Return to General Chat