Flash FS brainstorming

Re: Flash FS brainstorming

Postby Krux » Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:06 am

Well, this should have been proposed before but...maybe balance the humanity some of the enemies make you loose. The Alpha Husky makes you loose nearly as much as when you get banged by the orc brothers.

I read earlier about bonuses/penalties for weapons, maybe the same thing could be done for armor/helmets?
Krux

Postby Dirius » Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:06 pm

I'm pretty sure the announcement that they were going to make a new engine was months ago. The announcement that they would be using flash was not.
Dirius

Postby Shoggoth on the Roof » Sat Oct 31, 2015 4:02 pm

Here's another idea I had for the new version of the game: for naga type infections, what about the possibility of two different versions of a tail infection?

This is based on a conversation I had with Stripes last year when I was commissioning the Lamia- I originally wanted her to have a tail ending with a spike that she could use to make tail attacks. Because of the way that the game engine handles tails, this was ultimately scrapped for being too complicated to handle.

Here's what the new idea would effectively be: you get the Lamia infection in your tail region. The game checks to see if you've got the same infection in the body. If yes, it describes you as having a spike at the end of your naga-style body. If not, it instead causes you to grow a muscular, prehensile tail with a spike. It's not that dissimilar from the way the Cerberus tail infection interacts with male and herm genitals, really.
A big monster like that on such a pointed roof... You may ask 'how does it stay up there, if it's so difficult?'

That, I can tell you in one word: tentacles!
Shoggoth on the Roof

Postby ElSterno » Fri Nov 27, 2015 5:50 pm

Separate mental and physical mutations would be really cool. Some sort of criteria set for the player and NPC brains where the body and mind may be totally out of synch. Like an Elf who thinks he's a wolf, or the player being an Orc (or whatever) with a slutty husky's brain, making the player submit the alpha husky even though he or she could stomp him into the ground.

Mental mutations could make the game far more challenging later on, it doesn't take all that long before you're stomping everything and just collecting mutations for fun, a new dimension to those mutations could extend the game challenge.

Part of me also thinks that level should go away and stat improvement should come from mutations and perks. So then the game never becomes easy mode.
ElSterno

Postby Shoggoth on the Roof » Fri Dec 04, 2015 7:12 pm

I don't think that people should be effectively punished if they want to play a pixie instead of a behemoth.
A big monster like that on such a pointed roof... You may ask 'how does it stay up there, if it's so difficult?'

Shoggoth on the Roof

Postby lilymoncat » Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:14 am

Speaking as a voice of odd kink here, I'd like to see how monsters/NPCs react to a PC's pregnancy expanded upon. I rather like how the Hulking Cheerleader'll stop when she realizes a character with a vagina is pregnant, and how the Shemale Smooth Collie will state shi doesn't want to risk hurting it. It'd be nice to see NPC characters respond to the PC's growing belly by rubbing it, maybe open up little tender scenes or smug pride ones if the baby is that particular NPC's. Fun confusion scenes when a player whose pure male with MPreg ends up with a bun in the oven'd be neat too.

Armor might be made a bit more complex as well, allowing for more pieces to be worn, maybe with a penalty to Dexterity for heavier pieces/larger amounts.
lilymoncat

Postby Etis » Sat Dec 05, 2015 10:24 pm

Shoggoth on the Roof wrote:I don't think that people should be effectively punished if they want to play a pixie instead of a behemoth.

Well, I thing they should be. Size already matter in some events like «tight fit». Want to play huge and powerful behemoth? Hit hard, endure a lot, carry a ton, be ready to have troubles with narrow passages, avoiding attacks, running from combat, hitting small and fast enemies, and having to eat much. Playing pixie? Have virtually no attack power (unless using weapons like firearms or magic), but have no troubles avoiding, running from battles and be able to survive with very little amount of food. At least, size can simply give stat modifiers (larger size means bonus to str and con, but penalty to dex and per). As for now, race is mostly a player's description and some endgame texts, with few exceptions. It makes development a ton easier, but at same time breaks immersion and wastes lots of possibilities.

«Size don't matter» setting can be somewhere, after all.

BTW, it also always felt wrong not being able to fly in any form, but this one would be really hard to do, since it offers tons of shortcuts...
Etis

Postby Shoggoth on the Roof » Sat Dec 05, 2015 11:32 pm

The problem with trying to code in that level of detail is that you're looking at a monumental increase in complexity trying to figure out all the details for each type of infection. And it also breaks the game in that it changes it so that there are explicitly better or worse infections instead of letting players choose what they'd like to run around as based on personal preferences.

As for Tight Fit, well, if you're really concerned about it, you can take Honey the Bee Girl or the Helper Dog as your pet and automatically succeed regardless of your body type or stats.

Shoggoth on the Roof

Postby Etis » Sun Dec 06, 2015 11:59 am

Shoggoth on the Roof wrote:The problem with trying to code in that level of detail is that you're looking at a monumental increase in complexity trying to figure out all the details for each type of infection. And it also breaks the game in that it changes it so that there are explicitly better or worse infections instead of letting players choose what they'd like to run around as based on personal preferences.

As for Tight Fit, well, if you're really concerned about it, you can take Honey the Bee Girl or the Helper Dog as your pet and automatically succeed regardless of your body type or stats.

We are now talking about scale value influence only. Also, we already have defined base stats for every infection. It shouldn't be too difficult to evaluate aptitudes of infection by scale value and basic stats. And we are talking about basic mechanics, which are reused everywhere, so it should be done once only. Custom events are whole other story, but still having «get effective stat value» function with infection modifier can make it more consistent.
Etis

Postby Shoggoth on the Roof » Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:08 pm

The infection system would have to be completely reworked in order to balance the game, though, since the traditional means of infection is losing or submitting during a fight. If stats were determined by your infection, losing fights would actually be more advantageous than winning them.

Shoggoth on the Roof

PreviousNext

Return to Dev Chat