Typos and Bugs

Re: Typos and Bugs

Postby DrGryphon » Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:07 am

Also I have my own bug to report. When I have sex with Orthas for the 1st time and she impregnates my herm character, it always results in an anal birth for some reason.
DrGryphon

Postby TigerStripes » Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:35 am

pridefall wrote:<Aurora typo>

Fixed.

<Gator typos>

Fixed. Somehow these entries were formatted to the old style.

<glowing ember drop item>

With rare exception, items should not be capitalized.

<Karen>

1) That should not affect the function of the 'understand' definition.
2) Karen was later moved to her own file. I'll remove the commented material.

<Ram/Ewe>

Names adjusted. I'd put this off because of the number of files affected. Be on the lookout if any spot was missed. Similarly adjusted the drop item to 'tainted wool'.

<Pirate Shark>

Name adjusted.

<Saber Kitty>

1) As noted above, items are purely in lower case.
2) That was a typo. Fixing.

<Shaft Beasts & Omio content>

The files for this material was not altered to remove them - the base story file simply no longer reads them. As far as it's concerned when compiling, they don't exist.

The following creature names/infection names are not capitalized correctly:

I've done the first couple of these, but it takes a lot of time going through all the files where the critters appear to undo these issues, so expect it to be the occasional repair. A reminder from time to time would also be appreciated.

<Sidney typo>[/b]
Fixed.

<apocalypse shorts/hoodie>

As explained, our clothing setup isn't complex enough to distinguish between upper and lower body vs full body. While I'm pretty sure I'd be able to fix that up, I don't want to mess with it right now. It'd require a lot of additional coding that'd bloat the engine w/o adding content.
TigerStripes

Postby pridefall » Sat Aug 22, 2015 11:32 am

Thank you for your time explaining things! I'll keep a look out for more stuff.

You're doing great work :D
pridefall

Postby Songbird » Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:43 pm

When starting the game, the vore and unbirth menu are set to standard values. However, when using the iwannacheat menu in the library, the player victim setting for vore is said to be 'More Vore' when set to normal vore via the configuration. Screenshot attached.
Attachments
Vore Menu Derpage.JPG
Vore Menu Derpage.JPG (145.15 KiB) Viewed 13434 times
Songbird

Postby TigerStripes » Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:54 pm

Songbird wrote:When starting the game, the vore and unbirth menu are set to standard values. However, when using the iwannacheat menu in the library, the player victim setting for vore is said to be 'More Vore' when set to normal vore via the configuration. Screenshot attached.

I know I've fixed this before. I'll look into it again...
Bug found. Fix to come soon.
TigerStripes

Postby TigerStripes » Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:09 am

pridefall wrote:Fatal Error occurs in Inform 7 whenever you try to "junkall" an item when a Y/N prompt for "junkall" a previous item is up.

I was able to produce an error by clicking on two 'Junkall' links in the inventory in succession w/o responding to the first request. I was not able to reproduce the error you're showing though. Can you be clearer on exactly what you did to produce the error, including whether they were typed commands, hyperlinks or what.

pridefall wrote:"Good" Alexandra is permanently locked off

I've found and fixed the text error.

I was only able to fully reproduce the 'error' you describe after _refusing_ to attempt to befriend her when first submitting. If you do this, it's treated like you're biding your time until you're strong enough to fight the doberwoman. Clearly you don't want to be friends and instead want to either ignore her or level up further before trying to beat her up.

That said, throwing the fight shouldn't really be equivalent to submitting to her, but I'm not sure how to go about fixing that. It's a complex song and dance to get her to work at all.

The saveword does not affect the variables involved with Alexandra in her 'monster' phase, as they no longer apply once she's an NPC. As such, loading a saveword will not reset her. Restarting a new game would fix it though.
TigerStripes

Postby Shoggoth on the Roof » Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:08 pm

Candy's sex menu:

Choosing "Give a blow job" asks you "get him to suck you off?" Should be some variation of "Suck him off?"
A big monster like that on such a pointed roof... You may ask 'how does it stay up there, if it's so difficult?'

That, I can tell you in one word: tentacles!
Shoggoth on the Roof

Postby TigerStripes » Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:08 am

Shoggoth on the Roof wrote:Candy's sex menu:

Choosing "Give a blow job" asks you "get him to suck you off?" Should be some variation of "Suck him off?"

It's the description that's bad, not the title. It does go to the scene where you suck Candy off. I'll fix the description that pops up.
TigerStripes

Postby Shoggoth on the Roof » Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:55 am

Yeah, sorry I was unclear on that- I meant it was the description that was the problem.
A big monster like that on such a pointed roof... You may ask 'how does it stay up there, if it's so difficult?'

That, I can tell you in one word: tentacles!
Shoggoth on the Roof

Postby pridefall » Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:37 pm

TigerStripes wrote:
pridefall wrote:Fatal Error occurs in Inform 7 whenever you try to "junkall" an item when a Y/N prompt for "junkall" a previous item is up.

I was able to produce an error by clicking on two 'Junkall' links in the inventory in succession w/o responding to the first request. I was not able to reproduce the error you're showing though. Can you be clearer on exactly what you did to produce the error, including whether they were typed commands, hyperlinks or what.

pridefall wrote:"Good" Alexandra is permanently locked off

I've found and fixed the text error.

I was only able to fully reproduce the 'error' you describe after _refusing_ to attempt to befriend her when first submitting. If you do this, it's treated like you're biding your time until you're strong enough to fight the doberwoman. Clearly you don't want to be friends and instead want to either ignore her or level up further before trying to beat her up.

That said, throwing the fight shouldn't really be equivalent to submitting to her, but I'm not sure how to go about fixing that. It's a complex song and dance to get her to work at all.

The saveword does not affect the variables involved with Alexandra in her 'monster' phase, as they no longer apply once she's an NPC. As such, loading a saveword will not reset her. Restarting a new game would fix it though.

1) Here's how it works for me (and this is using the build released before Nermine's art was added to the game) - With Hyperlinks activated, if you open up your inventory and select JUNK ALL for an item, the Y/N prompt will appear, yeah?
But if you click any other Hyperlink that isn't Y or N, Inform 7 will encounter a fatal error and shut down.

2) What I mean with Alexandra is the following:

a) Hunt or Encounter Her
b) The fight begins
c) Click "Throw Fight" and nothing else.

That's how I get the error to pop up.
pridefall

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat