Typos and Bugs

Re: Typos and Bugs

Postby Shoggoth on the Roof » Mon May 25, 2015 9:45 pm

Alexandra (Good Path) sex menu:

Selecting the Desk Sex option doesn't trigger a sex scene, there's just a "More" button and a screen wipe.
A big monster like that on such a pointed roof... You may ask 'how does it stay up there, if it's so difficult?'

That, I can tell you in one word: tentacles!
Shoggoth on the Roof

Postby TigerStripes » Tue May 26, 2015 3:09 am

Shoggoth on the Roof wrote:<Alexandra (Good Path) sex menu>

I'll send a patch for this shortly. I'll be looking into those other issues mentioned as well soon.
TigerStripes

Postby TigerStripes » Wed May 27, 2015 5:49 pm

MetreMaidPlayer wrote:<Vanessa event>

I double-checked the code and everything seems to be fine. And given how it was all working properly once you restored and when you started a new game, I'm guessing you had actually run into the event and accidentally chose 'no' without noticing the event occur.

...Macadamia and Yolanda are not currently saved in the save word.

I'll add them both to the saveword a little later tonight.
TigerStripes

Postby TigerStripes » Thu May 28, 2015 2:53 am

Shoggoth on the Roof wrote:Hey, here's something I just noticed.

If you've got the Ebonflame Draken infection type, it seems to be turning pregnancies and birthing events into the Ebonflame Draken's loss pregnancy. I'm not sure if this is intentional or not, since the Wiki doesn't list this as an effect of the infection.

Can you clarify this? We're not really sure what you mean here. Also, we have sent some small tweaks relating to pregnancy, heat and such. Please check to see if the problem persists and let us know.
TigerStripes

Postby Shoggoth on the Roof » Thu May 28, 2015 8:03 am

Basically, when you have the Ebonflame Draken body, it switches the birth scene to the one caused by losing to the Ebonflame Draken, regardless of how you got impregnated unless you turned off that content. I added it to the bugs list because the description of the creature in the Wiki didn't list that as an affect of the infection type, only for losing to an Ebonflame Draken.
A big monster like that on such a pointed roof... You may ask 'how does it stay up there, if it's so difficult?'

That, I can tell you in one word: tentacles!
Shoggoth on the Roof

Postby MetreMaidPlayer » Thu May 28, 2015 2:20 pm

TigerStripes wrote:
MetreMaidPlayer wrote:<Vanessa event>

I double-checked the code and everything seems to be fine. And given how it was all working properly once you restored and when you started a new game, I'm guessing you had actually run into the event and accidentally chose 'no' without noticing the event occur.

...Macadamia and Yolanda are not currently saved in the save word.

I'll add them both to the saveword a little later tonight.

I figured the code was fine. I've never had that problem before. I posted it here honestly because I figured it might actually have something to do with the game engine itself. I hadn't been to the dry plains before hunting for Vanessa so it was odd that it wasn't letting me. It also could entirely just be on my end as I use Glux interpreter to run the game so maybe something just went wonky on my end. It was also odd that copying the saveword and then reciting it didn't seem to fix it. I usually use the manual way as when I started why back when the auto way didn't work, or didn't seem to. I figured I'd put it up here in case someone else ran into a similar problem.

I also noticed that Gabriel also isn't in the saveword yet. His interactions in the Red LIght district are though. Once I noticed he wasn't at the bunker I went back to the Red Light District and on the first encounter with the seraphim event, when I won, it immediately did the finial win scene and brought him to the bunker. He isn't fleshed out as an npc yet so it isn't a big deal at all yet (He doesn't have any interactions with the others at the bunker that I've found yet) so no real rush. Figure I put it up here so its known
MetreMaidPlayer

Postby MetreMaidPlayer » Thu May 28, 2015 4:38 pm

Small typo with Janice. When I went to have sex with her, it says "Unable to hold back the burning desire in your cock, you shift your hips on her next teasing pass, and slide into her waiting both with a shared gasp of delight." I figure either it should say waiting box, or waiting 'insert adjective here' and then somthing like 'with both of you sharing a gasp of delight.' Could go either way.

Another small typeo with Kristen. After giving her the shirt and waiting the required number of days, I went back and choose the seductive option. In it it says "At first, she's still too about everything to really listen, but you finally get her to stop when you take her hands in yours and reassure her that that you don't care if she's got a pair of cute foxy ears and neither should she. There are two theres in the sentence and its missing a word, I figure upset, in the first half.

Finial one, when you have sex with bubble, towards the end it says "Both spent and sated, at least for the moment, she disentangles herself from you and you slide her up and off our softening member." Should be off your softening member
MetreMaidPlayer

Postby Razor75 » Sun May 31, 2015 1:32 pm

Unbirth bug. - Release 57 / Serial number 150528 / Inform 7 build 6L38 (I6/v6.33 lib 6/12N)

I posted this on the repository but looking at the history I don't think the issues section gets a lot of love. So I am adding it here.
When you first gain the unbirth feat pregnancy doesn't progress. From looking at the various files on the repository I think the solution is as follows:

In Stripes/Medical Checkups there is a section after the scene that looks like this:
Code: Select all
now playercanub is true;
               add "UB Pred" to feats of player;
               now ubcount is 1;
               decrease humanity of player by 3;
               say "     You have the [bold type]UB Predator[roman type] feat, granting you the ability to unbirth fallen foes.  If you're not pregnant, there is a chance your body will want to use your enemy to fill your womb.  You may adjust some vore related settings via the [bold type]vore menu[roman type].";
               now gestation of child is a random number between 8 and 16;
               now ubpreg is name entry

after now ubpreg is name entry just add:

Code: Select all
now ubpreg is name entry
now pregtype is 1;

I can't test it because it has been so long since I recompiled this game I can't recall how.
Razor75

Postby Dormir » Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:04 pm

A little bug with Micaela.

After having sex with her at her house, her dialogue becomes completely blank.
Dormir

Postby TigerStripes » Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:15 pm

Dormir wrote:<Micaela dialog bug>

I believe this was fixed with the most recent update I sent for her (3 days ago).

Razor75 wrote:<Unbirth bug>

Things have been very busy and hectic for me over the last several days. So while I had seen your post, I did not have a chance to look into this issue until now. I'm still getting used to the new adjustments to the pregnancy mechanics, so I appreciate you pointing out the cause and solution for the error. I'll send a patch for it shortly. One thing to keep in mind though - if you have your own fork of the game, you can make an adjustment like this directly on the web and then place a pull request. If you do so, it'd be nice to mention you'd done it this way and so you'd not performed a test on it.

I've just now performed a test with the proposed fix and it worked. I made another minor tweak, solving a separate issue and now it should be functioning as desired once the update's processed.
TigerStripes

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat