Typos and Bugs

Re: Typos and Bugs

Postby Samsquatch » Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:46 pm

A pretty minor continuity issue, but when the player goes to rescue Meredith, she remarks that she's surprised by the change in Vanessa and Coleen even if Coleen hasn't changed. If Sarah isn't in the bunker, or if Sarah is "rescued" after Coleen, Coleen generally wont be infected at all.

Additionally, Good Alexandra continues to bring up the matter of survivors in the urban forest even after they've been rescued.
Samsquatch

Postby twilighttiger » Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:12 pm

Not sure if this has been mentioned before, but winning against a herm gryphon does not allow you to leave them alone. Only the win-then-screw option works.
twilighttiger

Postby TigerStripes » Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:38 pm

twilighttiger wrote:Not sure if this has been mentioned before, but winning against a herm gryphon does not allow you to leave them alone. Only the win-then-screw option works.

A patch was sent a couple of days back, but there was a compiling delay. It should be up and running properly now.
TigerStripes

Postby wyvvern » Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:36 am

Really enjoying this game, but there's a few things that nagged at me when I played through it. More annoyances than bugs, just some things to consider.

There are a couple of actions in game that are frustrating to figure out how to do - or at least they were for me:

Turning on the computer after restoring the power. The description reads "A computer rests nearby, off. You can turn it on or maybe look at the screen?" Yet if the player enters "turn it on" or "look at the screen" or "switch on computer" or "turn on computer" or "look at/examine computer" or "look at the computer screen" or any other combination of sensible commands, you get various errors. The wiki says to type "turn on computer" which gives the error "You can’t use multiple objects with that verb."

I eventually had to look at Emily Short's extension where I found I could type "boot computer." I don't understand why simply clicking on the hyperlink when you have the power on doesn't attempt to activate the computer.

Getting the Demon Brute. Without going to the wiki, there's no in-game indication that Nermine would even be interested in the tooth. When you go to give it to her, you have to type "Give tooth to Nermine." "Give Nermine demon tooth" or any variation of that doesn't work. Not sure why this isn't simply added to her list of talk topics when you acquire a tooth.

You're hinted that you should talk to Ronda or Rod to start the Slut Rat quest, yet neither of them actually talks about the slut rats you find in the sewer. You're just magically supposed to know (wiki) to give Ronda a demon seed.

You cannot corrupt Elijah if you have any milk at all in your inventory. You'll get the prompts about finding honey and a med. booster instead. If you happen to have milk in your inventory and haven't checked the wiki, there's no way to even know corrupting him is an option.

If you're not a satyr before you encounter the Free Drink event, you'll never see the Satyr Frat content. The event is resolved even if you agree to drink the wine and defeat the incubus, and can no longer be hunted for, and then the "Let's Party" event can't be hunted for either [nb - I did have girl warded (but not herm) so this may be the issue]. I wound up having to reload and become a satyr before I could see it as hunting for either the Free Drink or the Let's Party events gave the "can't be found here" message.

I kept running into situations where I felt I had to go check the wiki to progress, which is a game design choice that's dubious at best, especially when the wiki is out of date in many places.

Again, I did greatly enjoy the game. Just the thoughts of a person completely new to it.
wyvvern

Postby Songbird » Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:37 pm

The game features many instances of [ball size], but some of these precede a noun and others don't. A comprehensive listing can be found here:

https://github.com/Nuku/Flexible-Survival/search?utf8=✓&q="ball+size"&type=Code

Please correct any instances of the incorrect usage. I am not sure which one is right at a cursory glance so am deciding to leave that to experienced devs.
Songbird

Postby TigerStripes » Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:36 pm

Songbird wrote:<ball size>

[ball size] outputs an appropriate size adjective followed by one of "balls/testicles/gonads" at random.
[short ball size] outputs only the adjective.

If you have cases where [ball size] is followed by a synonym for testicles, that noun should either be removed or [ball size] should be altered to [short ball size]. Generally, I would pick the latter, as the author did intend for that particular noun to be there.
TigerStripes

Postby Wahn » Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:28 pm

wyvvern wrote:
If you're not a satyr before you encounter the Free Drink event, you'll never see the Satyr Frat content. The event is resolved even if you agree to drink the wine and defeat the incubus, and can no longer be hunted for, and then the "Let's Party" event can't be hunted for either [nb - I did have girl warded (but not herm) so this may be the issue]. I wound up having to reload and become a satyr before I could see it as hunting for either the Free Drink or the Let's Party events gave the "can't be found" result.

The party has guy and girl flags because of the party girls present. There's no sex with them quite yet, but it is intended to be added...

And yes, I could add a "this feels great - wanna keep chugging satyr wine?" in the first event to make the player fully transform and have an in.
Wahn

Postby MetreMaidPlayer » Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:43 pm

Found a minor bug that seems to have been present in the last few builds. If you corrupt Elijah and dont have the demon pet yet, there is still the option in his sex menu to have Brutus and yourself be dominated by him.

Also, I have the birth options set to no Ovi, but for some reason, all my characters births are with eggs. Its a male character with the Mpreg trait, so that might be it? But my understanding was that with no ovi it would always be live birth
MetreMaidPlayer

Postby TigerStripes » Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:32 pm

MPreg is always ovi. Only female birth is affected by your setting options.
TigerStripes

Postby Songbird » Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:06 pm

TigerStripes wrote:[ball size] outputs an appropriate size adjective followed by one of "balls/testicles/gonads" at random.
[short ball size] outputs only the adjective.

If you have cases where [ball size] is followed by a synonym for testicles, that noun should either be removed or [ball size] should be altered to [short ball size]. Generally, I would pick the latter, as the author did intend for that particular noun to be there.

Thank you for the clarification! I will change instances of [ball size] followed by a synonym for testicles to [short ball size] accordingly.
Songbird

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat