Typos and Bugs

Re: Typos and Bugs

Postby Wahn » Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:29 am

Ishim wrote:Male Player with Fang and Carl and Fiona

If you get the catgirl Fiona to show up at the bunker after the first sex scene with her it only procs the ones with Fang and Carl. I'm not sure if it's a bug or not.

Hm? Everyone, including the player, has a 25% chance of being the first one to run into Fiona when she comes in horny. Sure you weren't just unlucky?
Wahn

Postby Ishim » Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:58 am

Wahn wrote: Sure you weren't just unlucky?

Well I just rechecked it and I'm gonna have to say i was just really unlucky.
Ishim

Postby Alesleo » Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:59 pm

It seems that defeating herm gryphons triggers the lose scene while losing triggers the win scene.
Alesleo

Postby TigerStripes » Mon Mar 30, 2015 5:30 pm

Alesleo wrote:It seems that defeating herm gryphons triggers the lose scene while losing triggers the win scene.

Sorry, scenes got reversed by mistake. Sending a patch now.
TigerStripes

Postby knightofshadows » Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:27 am

Character with Selective Mother and Breeding True. Had one child with Orthas, was a full-blooded dragon as expected, but was also impregnated by Philip and despite checking in with Medea at some point to verify that the child should have the Piggy mutation, gave birth to another Dragon instead. At no point after being impregnanted has my character had sex with Orthas, though it has traded Philip's Piggy mutation for Susan's Doe mutation.
knightofshadows

Postby Blue Bishop » Tue Apr 07, 2015 6:47 am

knightofshadows wrote:Character with Selective Mother and Breeding True. Had one child with Orthas, was a full-blooded dragon as expected, but was also impregnated by Philip and despite checking in with Medea at some point to verify that the child should have the Piggy mutation, gave birth to another Dragon instead. At no point after being impregnanted has my character had sex with Orthas, though it has traded Philip's Piggy mutation for Susan's Doe mutation.

I'll need a fairly exhaustive details on what happened here. Stripes has informed me that there's been some erroneous activity with Selective Mother and to keep an eye out for it.

So, the breakdown is:

1) You had Sex with Orthas, had a dragon child.
2) Had sex with Philip, also had a dragon child.
3) I need a reiteration on your explanation regarding Susan and how it relates to this situation.

How pregnancy and child appearance works, is that it picks the name entry for the last "Monster" selected during the impregnation routine and sets the appearance of your child-to-be right then and there (During the birthing routine, those attributes will be meddled with again, if you don't have Selective Mother).

Now, in combat this works organically -- obviously if you're impregnated by the monster, it should be selected -- but for NPCs the game has to manually comb through the monster list and select the most relevant one every time before sex.

The logical reasoning, then, is that Philip isn't properly listing his relevant "Monster" strain before doing the nasty... Unless it's something else entirely. We have no way of knowing without some way of replicating it.
Blue Bishop

Postby knightofshadows » Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:17 am

Blue Bishop wrote:3) I need a reiteration on your explanation regarding Susan and how it relates to this situation.

When my character was impregnated by Philip, it had the full pig mutation complete with sow tits, I later switched to the Doe mutation while still being pregnant, and was unsure if that was relevant or not. Unfortunately I'm unable to replicate this as Philip no longer seems able to impregnate my character, both with or without Selective Mother.
knightofshadows

Postby TigerStripes » Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:51 am

I have tried a few times to locate the source of this bug, but have been unsuccessful. As Blue Bishop is doing some work related to the pregnancy system, I asked him to keep an eye out for these kinds of issues, as he'd mentioned. I do have a couple of ideas to try to resolve them, but they involve some extensive reworking of material. If we're lucky, his adjustments may solve things on their own.
TigerStripes

Postby knightofshadows » Sun Apr 12, 2015 12:38 pm

Two seperate problems now. Playing the in browser version, MPreg, Breeding True, but not Selective Mother. Had a Palomino child with Tristian, a Black Wolf child with Andrew, attempted to get a third child with Santa Claws, but upon speaking with Medea, am told that it is also a Black Wolf. (EDIT: Not sure how I missed that one, since if it was a Polar Bear than it wouldn't be a problem. My bad)

I then switched to the downloaded version, only that has glitched so that it gives me Yamato Dragon ending regardless of my character being unmutated and never having seen one yet. (Hit "End Game" while starting in the bunker, still got Yamato Dragon ending)

Note that this is also true in the in-browser ending, though the Yamato Dragon part comes in addition to whatever ending actually reflects my character's mutation.
Last edited by knightofshadows on Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
knightofshadows

Postby TigerStripes » Sun Apr 12, 2015 4:49 pm

knightofshadows wrote:<pregnancy issue>

Thanks for the info. It provides another point of reference to cross-check against.

<ending issue>

Thanks for catching this. I'll be sending a patch for this shortly.
TigerStripes

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat