Unable to save.

Unable to save.

Postby CM46138 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:04 am

Hey,

Not sure what was happening. Months ago. I tried playing the game for a bit. Then all my saves vanished one day.

Now every time I try to start a new game and save. I get this error:
Quixe run: NS_ERROR_DOM_QUOTA_REACHED: Persistent storage maximum size reached Persistent storage maximum size reached line:1 NS_ERROR_DOM_QUOTA_REACHED

And not able to further play the game.

I've received this error before when I had a full list of saves. But now I have none and cannot save.

How can one fix this issue?

Thanks in advance!
CM46138

Re: Unable to save.

Postby Blue Bishop » Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:27 pm

The save system you're referring to doesn't quite work. I've forgotten why we have that save system still around -- I think it might still be usable if you're using a non-browser version.
Blue Bishop

Postby TigerStripes » Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:55 am

Yes, what you're experiencing is a memory problem associated with using the in-browser version of the game. You'll need to:
- close the page/tab
- clear your cookies/memory/etc.
- restart your browser
to have a chance of resolving it... for a while. This problem will continue to recur. I don't know the details, but I believe it has to do with overtaxing your browser's temporary memory when you've saved/reloaded too often. The only sure cure for this is obtaining the downloadable version of the game and installing it locally.
TigerStripes

Postby CM46138 » Wed Jan 21, 2015 3:58 am

Doesn't work at all in the browser for me.

Also had trouble running it outside of the browser. But I persevered and finally managed to get it working that way. Thanks for the tip!
CM46138

Return to Dev Chat