Typos and Bugs

Re: Typos and Bugs

Postby Wahn » Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:53 pm

Traveler121 wrote:When I do the quest for Erica and I need to find the biker Hangout it say's You don't think what you're looking for can't be found here

But I have not done that part of the quest before and I have downloaded the update of 30th of Nov

Oops, small typo in activating that event. I'll send a fix shortly, sorry for the iconvenience...
Wahn

Postby Traveler121 » Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:25 am

NP I love that U help everybody so muck it keeps te game alive :D
Traveler121

Postby Traveler121 » Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:55 am

so this update we all get free now with the bug fix of Erica??
Traveler121

Postby Traveler121 » Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:58 am

ok I downloaded it again and Stil can't find the biker hangout
Traveler121

Postby sacredferro » Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:28 am

Also cannot get the biker hangout event to proc (DLed the Nov 30 version again this morning), though it seems in my case it's due to a different issue.

It seems that after exploring/scavenging an area a certain number of times, it starts to repeatedly proc the exact same even over and over again. In this case, Junkyard Home keeps popping up...EVERY time now and nothing else, save for the follow-up fight still randomly picks an opponent from the area. If I leave the area and come back later, same thing, after a while it just seems to pick the same event. Starting a new game doesn't really fix it, just "resets" the events, but then it will eventually happen again. Also, this is an issue that has happened to me across multiple versions (well, ever since when you guys set up three versions for donors and non-donors), so I haven't had a playthrough where this didn't happen.
sacredferro

Postby Wahn » Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:24 pm

sacredferro wrote:Also cannot get the biker hangout event to proc (DLed the Nov 30 version again this morning), though it seems in my case it's due to a different issue.

That's only to be expected... the fix for Erica is in the Dec 03 version, as shown in the blog post... Meanwhile, getting the same repeatable event multiple times isn't a bug - you just used up all one-time events, so there is literally nothing else to find except that repeatable event. The reason you can not get the biker event is that I had a typo in activating it - meaning that the game will pull up what's left available as you explore - the before-mentioned repeatable scene.
Wahn

Postby sacredferro » Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:31 pm

Wahn wrote:
sacredferro wrote:Also cannot get the biker hangout event to proc (DLed the Nov 30 version again this morning), though it seems in my case it's due to a different issue.

That's only to be expected... the fix for Erica is in the Dec 03 version, as shown in the blog post... Meanwhile, getting the same repeatable event multiple times isn't a bug - you just used up all one-time events, so there is literally nothing else to find except that repeatable event. The reason you can not get the biker event is that I had a typo in activating it - meaning that the game will pull up what's left available as you explore - the before-mentioned repeatable scene.

Huh, well that makes sense at least. Didn't figure that so many scenes are non-repeating. Must have missed seeing that the Erica fix was Dec 03 version. Thanks for pointing that out, that was kind of driving me nuts for some reason.
sacredferro

Postby millyrainbow » Sat Dec 06, 2014 12:28 am

Im not sure if its been noted or not yet, but for some reason the save words read cheesecake as cheese. Ive even went in to alter the save file, and it says Cheesecake, which leaves me to believe that some coding is a little wonky somewhere else down the line. Maybe its the interpreter?
millyrainbow

Postby Emeraldlink » Sat Dec 06, 2014 2:52 am

About a month ago it was brought up that the Gabriel event wouldn't work if you had evil Elijah. It seems like this is still the case. When I attempted it, Elijah teleports to the Chapel still and the events with Gabriel don't happen.
Emeraldlink

Postby Wahn » Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:17 am

Emeraldlink wrote:About a month ago it was brought up that the Gabriel event wouldn't work if you had evil Elijah. It seems like this is still the case. When I attempted it, Elijah teleports to the Chapel still and the events with Gabriel don't happen.

I just downloaded the current version of the game, went and got Elijah, corrupted him, made a saveword, restarted, loaded the saveword, then went to the red light district and got the event with Gabriel right away. Evil Elijah is where he belongs and shows no sign of moving....

Can I ask which game version you have? The fix should have been applied 8 days ago.
Wahn

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat