Messorem Project: The Xeno Hive

Messorem Project: The Xeno Hive

Postby Messorem » Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:44 am

An expansion upon the games original xeno because I thought that they deserve a bit of extra attention and this includes new items, new location, new NPCs and a new infection and will be included in the game if Nuku Valente accepts the script and concept into the game.
Messorem

Re: Messorem Project: The Xeno Hive

Postby Messorem » Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:02 am

I have noticed that the original post would be too long to read if someone was not up to it, so I edited this post and attached a txt file in a rar file for people to check out if they wanted to and keep in mind that some stuff will change as I go through with this and one or two things might be added that isn't in the text file.
Attachments
Original Xeno Queen idea by Messorem.rar
(8.15 KiB) Downloaded 1055 times
Last edited by Messorem on Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
Messorem

Postby Messorem » Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:47 pm

Some questions for the major heads of this game.

Is this project worth going further and doing some work in it?

Because I know only a little bit about the code but do have the templates and with a little effort on my part I can work the entire thing into game in one shot, though there might take a while and might have a bug or two so some critic about the code would be appreciated once its finished.

Also, If incest content will be okay?

Otherwise the other two interactive Xenos will be in their respective rooms without needing to beat the queen and will have a significantly different back-stories, interactivity and sex scenes.
Messorem

Postby TigerStripes » Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:42 pm

I'm sorry I've not yet been able to review and respond to your proposal. It's been a busy last few days and I didn't want to go into it distracted. I promise to give you some feedback tomorrow after I wrap up something I'm working on.
TigerStripes

Postby Messorem » Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:19 am

Completely understood, hopefully you wrap it up without difficulty.
Messorem

Postby TigerStripes » Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:30 am

Messorem wrote:<Xeno Hive>

I'm just going through this now and I'll point out stuff as it comes to mind during the reading.

- I'm the writer for the Xeno creature, though it's partially based on the Alien creature from Multiplayer. It is worth noting that it has some minor difference and changes from those from the movies. These guys are an infection 'inspired by' a different dimension's versions of those films, so things aren't quite the same.
- Having an unlimited series of fights for non-Xeno players at the entrance is a problem. This would then become an XP mine for anyone of sufficient level and also isn't quite reasonable. At some point, the player would be overwhelmed through sheer numbers. They're not going to politely wait and come at the player one at a time - they'd tear them apart from all sides. The player should instead be either a) chased off, or b) overrun when they insist on going in. The latter could be a scripted orgy scene with the player being thoroughly fucked, infected and bred before either being driven off or resulting in a special game-over outcome.
- It might also be advisable include make a continuous check to set off the Xenos if the player uses an infectious item or power while inside the hive.
- I'm rather confused by the sequence of possible events occurring in the Queen's Chamber. Can you explain this in more detail? It'd probably help if this were broken down into a sequence with its various options and possible outcomes.
- Similarly, how and when do Xera and Xoon come into being? When you say a rapid gestation, do you mean it's all one scene with them being added to the area afterwards or are you looking to have the player be pregnant for several turns. If the former, that'll require some special circumstances to explain it. If the latter, that'd provide more complications and require delicate adjustments of the pregnancy and birthing related code. Also, I see complications with this based on player gender/fertility/pregnancy status, etc. I'll have a better idea of what's involved when you go over the sequence of events.
- The life cycle of these Xeno are different from that of the movie creatures you're familiar with. As can be seen from the existing player loss scenes, the life cycle for these Xeno have them implanting their eggs into hosts, either vaginally or anally. As that scene closes, the eggs are expelled by the host to later hatch. Sometimes, one or more eggs might remain inside if the victim's womb is available for impregnation. This is a sex game after all, so you're looking more for sexual horror instead of gory horror. While that doesn't mean that the Xeno Queen can't be different, it should still be a similar theme.
- On the whole, the rewards for this quest (if I'm reading it right) seem to be incredibly large, especially given how there's no actual questing involved: a new special infection + domain, a kick-ass weapon, kick-ass armour, a kick-ass helmet and possibly a feat as well? That is, quite honestly, far too much. Any one of these would be a suitable reward for a more involved than this.
- Where do the high tech gauntlet and mask to originate from? It sounds like you're making them actual Predator items, but the Xeno creatures aren't real aliens - they're a movie-based infection. I'm not saying these things can't exist, but there should at least be some in-canon reason (even if unstated) capable of explaining their existence and presence there that doesn't involve actual aliens.
- Your idea of the gauntlet doing a bunch of fancy stuff and varied damage would require a considerable amount of alteration to the combat code exclusively for it. You can give different random messages for how the weapon is used from round to round, but its base damage should remain fixed.
- Armour works on a percentage reduction system, not a fixed value reduction. As well, when you mention the hunter mask working like the face mask, are you referring to how it is worn or its special hidden bonuses? Please refer to the post on clothing and armour for more details on how armour works.
- The system for upgrading weapons and armour is not item-specific. It is a fixed improvement of +1 to any weapon and a minor defensive increase to armour items. While it would be possible to create special cases for these items, this does add to the work involved and would be best done by an experienced coder.
- After the player gets the Xeno Queen infection, how would the other Xeno (roaming monsters) react to them? Also, the Xeno Queen infection might work best as a sub-variation of the Xeno infection rather than a separate infection of its own. I'll need to think on that.

Okay, and now getting to your questions:
- Is this project worth doing?
That'll largely come down to you and whether you're willing to put in the effort involved. From the sounds of it, there's going to be a whole lot to this beyond the coding. Honestly, I do think you're going to have to re-imagine, scrap or shelve some of your more ambitious (and thereby code-intensive) ideas, as you'll be relying on the experienced coders to do these things for you and they won't necessarily be quick/easy. Similarly, you've got a lot of big pieces that all seem to be inter-meshed. While this is good from making a rich and detailed end-product, it does make for a more difficult first project, as you can't easily build just one small section and add the other bits from there. You'll be asking a lot of yourself and anyone helping you with the writing/coding.
I know a fair bit of my feedback may seem like criticism, but it's mostly a matter of helping you keep your project more consistent with the game and to aim for more realistic and achievable goals. Once I can get a better picture of the chain of possible events, I'll be better able to provide feedback on the plans themselves.

- Will incest content be okay?
As I've said, I'm not quite sure how/when Xera and Xoor come into being, but as long as the content involving sex with/between them is purely optional, then it'd be fine. From the sounds of it, the player will know they're their offspring, so a direct warning likely won't be necessary as long as the scenes aren't spontaneous. The keyboard player would be choosing whether or not to partake in that content. Content-wise, this is an underused fetish in the game, so having another place to scratch that kinky itch would be good.
TigerStripes

Postby Messorem » Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:30 pm

I have read your response and will now comment on each question/critique.

- I see how people could use it as an xp mine and I would rather replace the endless fight thing with the driven off or be overrun and scripted game-over concept.
-The check for the xeno infection of player will be initiated for each turn while being inside the hive but I haven't seen anything in the game where it continues to check if the player has a specific body part or infection and thusly will need some help in coding that specific area.
- As for the events in the queens chamber, your first talk with Xanaria will give her a little background as she will explain her past and present life with you claiming to be a Xeno from another hive with a queen who is interested in the diplomacy, the second talk will be an offer from her of giving her a blowjob of which you can refuse without consequences and she will just keep asking as you keep talking to her after the average waiting period, if you accept the offer then talking to her again afterwards after a few hours will have her command you to have vaginal sex with her being the dominant and will ask this of you each time you talk to her after the waiting period but if you refuse then you will have to fight her and losing will have a scripted game-over scene with you ending up as her favorite sex slave, winning will reward you with victory sex and will change her appearance to a smaller, more pitiful version of the Xenos and will change you fully into a Xeno Queen regardless of having resistance or not.
- If as you say that incest content will be okay if there is a warning before the act then Xera and Xoor will come into being directly after the victory sex with Xanaria as you get pregnant with her seed or her seed will change whatever it is you're pregnant with into the twin but different gender Xenos that you will give birth to in the same scene because of rapid gestation regardless of gender and will end the current pregnancy if you were pregnant before the fight.
(Females give normal births, herms give normal births, males give ovipositor births because of Xeno cock type, and neuters will do a sort of stomach gestation and then vomit up the offspring)
- Consider what i said about the public wanting gore-friendly births to be but a distant memory.
- After some thought I have decided to either give the queen ridiculously high HP, Attack or both in order to give the player a challenge and will make them work for the rewards.
- You will receive the items after the birth scene when you notice something behind the throne and as you walk over to it and find the skeletal remains of a special military agent and while in the scene you find a document stating that the military sent in this man to deal with the rising Xeno threat with experimental armor and weaponry that have been lab tested to be effective with almost all forms of enemies and attacks, the backside you find instructions to the items in question and will be looking forward to testing out your new military class toys.
- I shall change the gauntlets damage to be fixed but still keep the fancy random messages.
- The AC of the armor is 5 while its effectiveness is 80%, the AC of the mask is 3 while its effectiveness is 70% and while it is technically put on the face it still covers the entire head down to the base of the neck and would thus be in the "head" slot.
- If it will be that difficult to code the special cases of upgrades for the items then the mini-quest involving snow should rather be in the "maybe in the future" box.
- As for the reactions from the roaming monsters while being a pure Xeno queen will probably play out as them recognizing your royalty and will gladly be offering themselves up to you as your temporary pleasure toys, then the player will have a choice of either fucking them or walking away with them being a little disapointed.

I have been thinking about how to initiate the quest and have come up with an event that you find in the capitol area if you are equal to or higher than level 20 that is a two stage event and will add a "sane" xeno individual called "Celia" to the bunker if you take her with you, after some talking and maybe a charisma check with her she will reveal to you the location of the hive and will finally be open for some sex, this will make the "Scenic View" room of the hive area accessible from any fast travel point but you cannot actually get near the gates without having a pure xeno form which will be checked at each game turn whilst in the hive or else you suffer an extremely sticky game over.

Some questions:
Would putting in an energy shield of some kind to the loot of the experimental military agent make the player too powerful?
Where can i find the coding to make weapons and armor, have searched the templates but can't find anything useful, by weapons i mean specifically the codes for the pistol as the gauntlet would have the same counter attack as the pistol before battles?

Oh and I appreciate it for giving some supportive critique.
Messorem

Postby Messorem » Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:47 am

Alright, I have put the basics of the Xeno Queen together using inform and people viewing this will probably need to use inform in order to read it.

Still waiting on some form of reply from my last set of questions and please tell me if i'm doing anything wrong with the template.
Attachments
Xeno Queen Infection.inform.rar
The template for the Xeno Queen (nothing about the quest, items, NPCs, room descriptions or event yet.)
(13.04 KiB) Downloaded 1004 times
Messorem

Postby TigerStripes » Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:36 pm

Messorem wrote:I have read your response and will now comment on each question/critique.

- I see how people could use it as an xp mine and I would rather replace the endless fight thing with the driven off or be overrun and scripted game-over concept.
-The check for the xeno infection of player will be initiated for each turn while being inside the hive but I haven't seen anything in the game where it continues to check if the player has a specific body part or infection and thusly will need some help in coding that specific area.
- As for the events in the queens chamber, your first talk with Xanaria will give her a little background as she will explain her past and present life with you claiming to be a Xeno from another hive with a queen who is interested in the diplomacy, the second talk will be an offer from her of giving her a blowjob of which you can refuse without consequences and she will just keep asking as you keep talking to her after the average waiting period, if you accept the offer then talking to her again afterwards after a few hours will have her command you to have vaginal sex with her being the dominant and will ask this of you each time you talk to her after the waiting period but if you refuse then you will have to fight her and losing will have a scripted game-over scene with you ending up as her favorite sex slave, winning will reward you with victory sex and will change her appearance to a smaller, more pitiful version of the Xenos and will change you fully into a Xeno Queen regardless of having resistance or not.
- If as you say that incest content will be okay if there is a warning before the act then Xera and Xoor will come into being directly after the victory sex with Xanaria as you get pregnant with her seed or her seed will change whatever it is you're pregnant with into the twin but different gender Xenos that you will give birth to in the same scene because of rapid gestation regardless of gender and will end the current pregnancy if you were pregnant before the fight.
(Females give normal births, herms give normal births, males give ovipositor births because of Xeno cock type, and neuters will do a sort of stomach gestation and then vomit up the offspring)
- Consider what i said about the public wanting gore-friendly births to be but a distant memory.
- After some thought I have decided to either give the queen ridiculously high HP, Attack or both in order to give the player a challenge and will make them work for the rewards.
- You will receive the items after the birth scene when you notice something behind the throne and as you walk over to it and find the skeletal remains of a special military agent and while in the scene you find a document stating that the military sent in this man to deal with the rising Xeno threat with experimental armor and weaponry that have been lab tested to be effective with almost all forms of enemies and attacks, the backside you find instructions to the items in question and will be looking forward to testing out your new military class toys.
- I shall change the gauntlets damage to be fixed but still keep the fancy random messages.
- The AC of the armor is 5 while its effectiveness is 80%, the AC of the mask is 3 while its effectiveness is 70% and while it is technically put on the face it still covers the entire head down to the base of the neck and would thus be in the "head" slot.
- If it will be that difficult to code the special cases of upgrades for the items then the mini-quest involving snow should rather be in the "maybe in the future" box.
- As for the reactions from the roaming monsters while being a pure Xeno queen will probably play out as them recognizing your royalty and will gladly be offering themselves up to you as your temporary pleasure toys, then the player will have a choice of either fucking them or walking away with them being a little disapointed.

I have been thinking about how to initiate the quest and have come up with an event that you find in the capitol area if you are equal to or higher than level 20 that is a two stage event and will add a "sane" xeno individual called "Celia" to the bunker if you take her with you, after some talking and maybe a charisma check with her she will reveal to you the location of the hive and will finally be open for some sex, this will make the "Scenic View" room of the hive area accessible from any fast travel point but you cannot actually get near the gates without having a pure xeno form which will be checked at each game turn whilst in the hive or else you suffer an extremely sticky game over.

Some questions:
Would putting in an energy shield of some kind to the loot of the experimental military agent make the player too powerful?
Where can i find the coding to make weapons and armor, have searched the templates but can't find anything useful, by weapons i mean specifically the codes for the pistol as the gauntlet would have the same counter attack as the pistol before battles?

Oh and I appreciate it for giving some supportive critique.

Okay, I drew out a little diagram of the scene tree to help me get a handle on what's going on with the storyline, which helped.

There's two things that do come up though off the top of my head.
- You mention the queen asking for vaginal sex with her as dominant. I'm assuming this means her fucking the player. If the player's male then, will she let him fuck her and she'd produce the eggs which hatch Xera and Xoor?
- You also mention this being repeatable. I take it Xera and Xoor come from the first of these agreed matings and there'd be no (named NPC) offspring from any subsequent ones.
- Will the player lose the option to refuse if they agree to the mating the first time around, meaning they're stuck on this path of being one of the queen's mates? If they can refuse later, what does this mean if the player were to refuse on the first go? Would there be no Xera and Xoor for them? Of if they refuse and fight later and win, how do Xera and Xoor take it?
- Also, you talk about this content as happening while talking to the Xeno Queen. What if the player chooses to 'fuck Xeno Queen'? Did you mean for this stuff to occur in response to that, would it trigger the request for the request series to occur or would the player essentially opt out of refusing, jumping to the blow job/fucking because they made offered to have sex with her?
- Having the rapid gestation and birth is fine and the takeover of a regular pregnancy to become this special twin Xeno pair is also good, but I can foresee problems with the outlier scenarios which will require more prudent and meticulous recoding of the pregnancy code. For example, what if the player's got a Snake freeloader in their womb? What if they've UB'd a foe using the UB Pred ability? What if their womb's occupied with Black Wasp eggs? These can be worked around, but it's more effort than might be initially thought.
- The extent of the rewards still seem really high-powered, regardless of the strength of the Queen. I'd recommend you cut it down to maybe the gauntlet and the mask, the armour having been destroyed in the fight by acid fluids. The player should not have all their combat needs fulfilled by this one quest. It's a big deal to be getting any one of these items. Also, the AC value of the gear is off, as values of 3 and 5 are negligible, barely above that of clothing.

To make a weapon, simply locate the code for another one and replace the descriptions and values with your own. To make it ranged (like the pistol), simply stated that:
Code: Select all
the energy gauntlet is ranged.

to designate it as a ranged weapon.

To make armour, simply locate the code for another article of clothing and replace the description and values with your own. Be sure to assign it the AC and effectiveness values as well.
TigerStripes

Postby Messorem » Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:59 am

Answering your comments:
-> (Lets say X is the disposition of Xanaria against you) (X = 0, hasn't met you before), (after talking to her the first time which reveals her history, X + 1, X = 1), (talking to her again has her talking about fucking the hive getting boring and she needs something new to do before smirking in your direction, X + 1), (fucking Xanaria through the "fuck" command prompts a paragraph and a Y/N oral situation which you can refuse without consequences but the talk scene won't change by much, if yes X +1, if no X = 2), (talking to her again will change her tone to a more dominant one and fucking her again after the waiting period will prompt another Y/N situation but this time with actual fucking, if yes X = 3, if no X +1), refusing, surviving and fucking Xanaria will give you all the goodies of this quest, refusing, surviving but not fucking her will set X to 5 and then will remove Xanaria, Xoor, Xera, and the Xeno Queen infection from the game but you still keep the techno goodies, refusing and not surviving will give you a game over scene.

-> Fucking Xanaria whilst X = 3 and accepting will let you two have some fun, herm gets vag/ass and gives vag/ass, male gets ass and gives vag/ass, female gets vag and ass and neuters get ass and give oral/fisting and she cannot be pregnant with Xera or Xoor because she already has had a "first born" heir to the throne.

-> Xera and Xoor cannot be born until you beat Xanaria and fuck her and you will get pregnant regardless of gender or feats(details in template) as the scene will completely transform you into a xeno queen and they will be the "first born" of the new queen and will be stronger and smarter than other xeno but their looks will be slightly different in accordance to how Xanaria changes before she gives you the egg(The lore will be explained when Celia is finished as she will explain the culture and history of the hive in her talk scenes as well as some non-hive related scenes).

-> To make things easier on everybody else the egg will only share womb/ass space with whatever is in there right now and they will be birthed at relatively the same time as you got them as a sort of "instant birth", in short the birthing is only written and won't mess with any existing codes and all it has to do is add NPCs to an area or two after the scene is finished.

-> I see your point about the armor and that it would get damaged is a logical standpoint, i''ll only let the player get the mask and gauntlet.
Messorem

Next

Return to Dev Chat