Apocalypse Store

Apocalypse Store

Postby DrGryphon » Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:00 pm

Hey everyone, I just wanted to announce I finished my first add-on to the game. It adds a small event called, "Apocalypse store", that will unlock a new location, the "clothing store".

The clothing store contains several new items of clothing; the Apocalypse Mini-Skirt, Apocalypse Shorts, Apocalypse Hoody, and the Apocalypse Scarf. All the items have been written with full descriptions.

I already uploaded the file to GitHub, but I wanted to post o here as well because it's an easier place to communicate, (and because all my other posts disappeared after the crash.) Also, I wanted to ask if it would be possible to add the face mask effects to the scarf, I looked in the extensions, but couldn't find the effects.
DrGryphon

Re: Apocalypse Store

Postby TigerStripes » Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:38 pm

I noticed your new addition come in. It's nice to see a few more articles of clothing in the game. Thanks for doing it up. While basic clothes probably shouldn't have armour stats at all, it's not a big deal.

If I recall correctly, the face mask yields a hidden bonus to resisting skunk spray and maybe one or two other gas/aerosol alt attacks. You'd need to check the alt attacks (either in the Alt Attack file or the corresponding creature) to see what's there and decide if it'd be of any help. For reference, all skunks in the game use the same alt attack, so you'll only need to adjust it the one time once you locate it.
TigerStripes

Postby Wahn » Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:45 am

Welcome to the writing team, always nice to see someone new.

Do you have any further plans for the store location? Maybe a npc could appear later on and start crafting properly apocalyptic clothing like the good old 'road warrior' armor out of tire bits and pieces or so. Just a suggestion, but it'd be good to have something to do with the place, as single-use entries in the nav list just clutter things up unnecessarily. Might be best to let the player just collect all the clothes in the original event and not add the store to the list if it only ever will hold 3 items and nothing else.

PS: Before you continue writing on your local file, please download the newest version from the hub. I let a spell-checker run over it and straightened out a sentence here and there.
Wahn

Postby DrGryphon » Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:42 am

•TigerStripes

Thanks, also the reason I added defense stats was because the lowest values in your guide were 10-15, I wasn't sure weather or not I could put it at zero.

•Wahn

I was thinking about adding a back room and an npc that would give you a mission or two. The 1st one could be for getting supplies, and the second would unlock a new set of armor, or maybe a shield.

Also, Do you mean the Flexible-Survival Zip file from GitHub, or something to do with the GitHub application?
DrGryphon

Postby Wahn » Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:47 am

Well, you can of course download the zip each time, but using the application is easier - it'll just synch up the online and offline versions and copy new versions into your local folders.
Wahn

Postby TigerStripes » Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:44 am

While doing some tweaks to some other files, I'll adjust the armour values of this stuff down to zero.
TigerStripes

Postby vikteren » Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:29 pm

Quick question where is it? because I cant find it.
vikteren

Postby Madman » Thu May 08, 2014 6:47 pm

I agree I can't find either I've looked everywhere
Madman

Return to Dev Chat