Suggestions Wanted

Re: Suggestions Wanted

Postby Shoggoth on the Roof » Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:48 am

Meredeth wasn't making centaurs, though. She was dropped in to do the same kind of field research as Sam but got trapped, and the only reason she was working with centaur nanites was because she had a ready and willing subject to analyze with Vanessa.

Also, I think Orthas would probably take offense at being called Dr Matt's minion.
A big monster like that on such a pointed roof... You may ask 'how does it stay up there, if it's so difficult?'

That, I can tell you in one word: tentacles!
Shoggoth on the Roof

Postby Wahn » Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:20 pm

I think Orthas deserves a bit of character development... might be an idea for future bonus hours...
Wahn

Postby TigerStripes » Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:36 pm

AnOne wrote:<Dr. Mouse and others>

Being Dr. Mouse's creator, I think I should chime in on this matter. As things go, Dr. Mouse isn't looking to become ruler of this city's or any area's bubble. While it's not delved into too deeply into the game, his aim isn't to rule but to instead exploit the depths of what the nanites can do to people to his own ends. Doing so fulfills many desires of his: scientific curiosity, unrivaled expertise, personal perfection and pseudo-sexual satisfaction, among other more mundane desires like greed.
1> Scientific Curiosity: Dr. Mouse seeks to probe the depths and breadths of the nanite infection and its effects for scientific curiosity. While this is not a bad aim on its own, he is cold, calculating and heartless in what he'll do or who he'll manipulate in his quest for knowledge. Nor does he seek to gain this knowledge to help others in a positive way - any use of this knowledge is, in the end, always to further his own goals and desires. Enhancing the hospital staff or the player makes them better tools for him and allows him to test and/or observe the effects of his research.
2> Unrivaled Expertise: Dr. Mouse desires to be the foremost expert on the nanite infection and its biological effects. The reason for this is two-fold. Firstly, he wants the self-satisfaction as well as the notoriety of being the best, and the best by far. He doesn't want fame from this outside of the envy of all other (lesser, in his view) scientific minds and hushed whispers from government and industry leaders unscrupulous enough to seek his high-priced services. And at this crucial, initial stage of the outbreak, it is important for him to get the biggest head start he can, and hamper or eliminate any would-be competitors along the way.
3> Personal Perfection: Mastery of the nanites is mastery of his own physical form. Infected with a weak, feeble form, Dr. Mouse seeks to correct this by careful and meticulous manipulation of the myriad strains of infections and DNA sources he can obtain. This is in part the reason why he is collecting so many and such diverse samples. And when the player brings him samples, he tweaks and tests how they might first make improvements on the hospital staff. In the end, he plans to cherry pick some of the best abilities and physical aspects while keeping his mind intact or even further enhancing his intellect. He seeks to achieve an immortal body that is monstrous enough to be imposing, powerful enough to be unstoppable, but humanoid and reasonably sized so he might continue his work in his new, immortal body. While this is a distant, long-term goal of his, should the player challenge him, he'll be forced to use his preliminary experimental version to 'enhance' himself for the fight.
4> Pseudo-sexual Satisfaction: There is only indirect evidence for this in the game and more examples of it are planned to appear in future material, but Dr. Mouse (untransformed) has only a limited interest in sex in and of itself. While not asexual, his libido is lower than that of a normal person's was before the outbreak. Sex in its many forms and the myriad kinks holds no real interest to him and would provide no proper relief. He instead is aroused and obtains pseudo-sexual satisfaction from his experimental procedures and the corruption and mutation of others by himself. Think of experimenting on others as sex for him. This makes him particularly dangerous, as it leaves his mind free to do his testing and measurements to increase his ability knowledge and skill with the nanites, but also gives him a pseudo-sexual desire to perform kinky experiments with that knowledge. Dr. Mouse transformed has an increased libido, though still one that he can generally keep in check by using some experimental victims for relief.

In the end, his motivations are always self-centered, only wanting to fulfill selfish or self-aggrandizing goals. Any empathy shown or clever words spoken about helping the player or others are always manipulative or simply concealing his own aims. While he may be capable in hiding his motivations by seeming benevolent and helpful, in the end, none matter but him.

While I don't want to go into too much detail about his future goals, Hospital Quest 2 will partially parallel Main Storyline 2, with him having you assist Zephyr on his behalf so he might gain more information from them. As rivals go, Dr. Matt's probably the only one sufficient in the city to be taken out. The other are simply potential sources of information, but are beneath elimination. Nermine, as a magic entity, was only useful as a source of an item of power, but isn't seen as a scientific rival. The military are largely a distraction and a hazard in that their eventual advance will force him to cut short his experiments at the hospital, so delaying them is more his goal than their defeat. Since they cannot end the nanites or the infection, they cannot truly stop him and their rescue attempt will stir many of the infected to spread beyond the city to infect others, an event he's eager to observe and analyze.

You're right that Sam, especially uninfected Sam, is the most noble of the researchers. While's doing it for a job, he does hope that it might be able to help people and he isn't seeking to misuse the knowledge he gains. Once infected, he does pick up greater urge to fuck and breed, but that mostly makes him eager to sex up as many different critters as he can find rather than to spread his infection. Infecting the player is a fun and kinky bonus, but isn't a widespread goal. Should he be driven out, his self-restraint does waver further and seeing his offspring grow in numbers and spread becomes an active goal.

Dr Medea is also fairly good, seeking to help others with their maternity issues, mainly because everything to do with pregnancy now turns her own and helping others become better breeders is a kinky pleasure because of this. This doesn't always result in fully good behavior though, as she encourages the player to taking stronger and riskier forms of adjustments, such as animal heats and the UB ability. She's not really able or really desires to investigate the nanite infection beyond the fertility aspect though, so her qualification as a research/knowledge source is limited.

I agree that Meredith is by no means saintly. Her goals and ambitions may be good, but her infection has twisted this such that she's quite lax about infecting other humans she likes. Permission's not quite necessary - her infection was unplanned and it turned out great, didn't it? She's sure they'll agree that they're better off once it's over and done.
TigerStripes

Postby Shoggoth on the Roof » Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:18 pm

Hey, random thought that just occurred to me. The victory scene with the Panther Taur is pretty rare, it'd be nice if that was changed to be a frequent, optional scene rather than a rare automatic scene.
A big monster like that on such a pointed roof... You may ask 'how does it stay up there, if it's so difficult?'

Shoggoth on the Roof

Postby Ent » Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:09 pm

I was being tongue and cheek and looked what happened >.>

This is why I like Doctor Mouse over Doctor Matt. You feel like there is much more going on with him and well from a character standpoint you get more stuff from Mouse to survive the city over Doctor Matt. Not only that but you get Sally who is a lot of fun over Susan who's kinda meh. Orthas is the best character on Doctor Matt's side with two side quests that really make her character. She is strong but not invincible, still subject to the infection just like every one else, even though she is a dragon. She has personality that shifts as you get to know her. And she has a wicked cool apartment. I like her as a character and I absolutely hate that I am forced to just go, "yeah you're awesome, and we've been together for most of the game, but this guy is going to help me survive this crazy world and Matt is going to offer me nothing. So I'm going to throw you to the shit under the lab and never see you again."

I would love a way to try and win her to my side, or risk the crazy crap under the lab to save what's left of her. To try and right the wrong I did. Orthas is oddly one of my favorite characters in this game.
Ent

Postby Shoggoth on the Roof » Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:18 pm

Um, literally the only thing that Mouse gives you that Matt doesn't is a boost to your physical attributes instead of your mental ones. And as Stripes said, he's got a pseudosexual fascination with TFing others. You hang around him long enough and you know he's going to decide to see what sort of mindless fuckbeast he can turn you into sooner or later. He's only going to give you stuff as long as he has a use for you: the moment you stop being useful you can kiss that goodbye. And heck, you're probably going to discover that he's put in some sort of booby trap (heh) into all those boosters he was giving you so that you can't fight back.

Shoggoth on the Roof

Postby TigerStripes » Fri Sep 26, 2014 3:41 am

Shoggoth on the Roof wrote:<sinister Dr. Mouse>

He'd only do something like that if you stopped being a useful tool for him. As his special scout and scavenger, it's in his best interest to enhance you to make you better for the job. This way you're also a test case for some potential enhancements to himself. Susan, on the other hand, is just standing around like a deer in headlights. And while she's clearly special to you and so he can't just do some wild experiments on her, a little tweaking so she's not always the passive doe might be rather... interesting to watch.
TigerStripes

Postby Torahiko1995 » Sun Sep 28, 2014 4:27 am

I Would steal that perfected infection from doctor mouse if your quick enough and use it on yourself then make him either pet or lover whichever
Torahiko1995

Postby Savriss » Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:39 am

1. The gryphon still has an auto-sex scene when the NPC wins and very few ways to lower libido. If this could be made optional, that'd be great.
2. The Egyptian Wing discussed in development makes a great addition to the game. I'd like to suggest that the Anubis encounter for Nermine's Jackalman quest remain huntable from the museum hub but also be added to one of the rooms in the wing or, failing that, have a hint placed prominently about where Anubis can be hunted from.
3. Also for Nermine's Jackalman quest, I am always reduced to checking the wiki or just exploring the museum until I find the crime scene where the hyenas stole the jewellery. When 'talk rare' -ing after getting the quest, can she give pointers for what to look for? Alternatively, could Valerie have it pop up as a random talk-to in her list?
4. It'd be nice to be able to acquire Sandra without being turned into a rabbit, when playing as a female. If one is already Nightmare or Stallion, it effectively blocks her joining the Library crew.
5. A feat, perhaps opened by strength or having the 'Dominance' feat, called 'Callous', that allows a player to attack or intimidate and take goods from 'whoring' and 'haggling' options.
Pygmalion, craft me my own Galatea!
Savriss

Postby Shoggoth on the Roof » Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:29 pm

Savriss wrote:5. A feat, perhaps opened by strength or having the 'Dominance' feat, called 'Callous', that allows a player to attack or intimidate and take goods from 'whoring' and 'haggling' options.

I think it would be funnier to call that feat "Protection Racket."

Speaking of protection rackets, something where you're teaming up with Alexandra to stop some hyenas from shaking down people might make another good idea for expanding the content for her good path.

Shoggoth on the Roof

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat