Guide: Other People`s Stuff And You

Re: Guide: Other People`s Stuff And You

Postby TigerStripes » Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:51 pm

Xenophiliac wrote:<events>

If you're looking to build upon and expand some of the existing events into an event series, it might be best to transplant them into a new file, depending on the degree of change you're planning to make.

There are also the CEOutside and CEPark files in my folder if you want to add events that are more background-type stuff for those areas to spare them from inflating further. I also have some area specific event collections in my folder if you're looking to add stuff to the Campus, Dry Plains, HRD, Junkyard or RLD. There's also the option for adding to the Museum Rounds special events if you feel you've got an appropriate idea for that. I have an Assorted Events file for my event creations that don't fall into areas for which I've created full event sets. If you want to do anything with something among them, please let me know.
TigerStripes

Postby Xenophiliac » Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:17 pm

If you're looking to build upon and expand some of the existing events into an event series, it might be best to transplant them into a new file, depending on the degree of change you're planning to make.

There are also the CEOutside and CEPark files in my folder if you want to add events that are more background-type stuff for those areas to spare them from inflating further. I also have some area specific event collections in my folder if you're looking to add stuff to the Campus, Dry Plains, HRD, Junkyard or RLD. There's also the option for adding to the Museum Rounds special events if you feel you've got an appropriate idea for that. I have an Assorted Events file for my event creations that don't fall into areas for which I've created full event sets. If you want to do anything with something among them, please let me know.

Right now i'm just looking to implement the bugman quest events into something without increasing the total number of events. Sarokcat's files with generic events seemed like they're small enough to warrant at least some additions, even if they're only quests triggered by interacting with the bugman. Rewriting/expanding events later is something that i'd be cool with checking out later, though.
Man ideas are weird.
Xenophiliac

Postby Wahn » Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:48 am

By the way, if anyone wants to add something to the christmas village in the mall, talk to me. As a bonus hour project, I don`t know when I can continue with it... sex for the elves, or winter-themed npcs like a snowman would fit.
Wahn

Postby Xenophiliac » Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:34 am

So taking a look at the Herm Hyena base creature, I think i'd like to take a day or two to extend some of the scenes, and get back into the jive of things. Dunno if there are plans for the base creature, so i figured id throw something up here to see what's schwangin' with it.
Man ideas are weird.
Xenophiliac

Postby TigerStripes » Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:07 pm

Xenophiliac wrote:So taking a look at the Herm Hyena base creature, I think i'd like to take a day or two to extend some of the scenes, and get back into the jive of things. Dunno if there are plans for the base creature, so i figured id throw something up here to see what's schwangin' with it.

I'll contact you with more details, but I have a partially completed quest for the next stage of the Hyena Gang material. Extending and adding more sex scenes would probably not interfere with this, but we can discuss it better via PM.
TigerStripes

Postby Garrulous » Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:14 pm

Wahn wrote:Lago Moro -> Long abandoned, files could use player victory scenes

Hey, is it cool if I tackle these? I'm interested in what little content this guy has made (the peacock in particular) and have a few ideas for additions and tweaks, provided the devs are fine with it.
Garrulous

Postby TigerStripes » Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:43 am

Garrulous wrote:
Wahn wrote:Lago Moro -> Long abandoned, files could use player victory scenes

Hey, is it cool if I tackle these? I'm interested in what little content this guy has made (the peacock in particular) and have a few ideas for additions and tweaks, provided the devs are fine with it.

Sure, that'd be fine. If it's anything that might conflict with the other stuff (monster victory, endings or heat), just let us know and we'll work something out.
TigerStripes

Postby Garrulous » Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:04 am

TigerStripes wrote:Sure, that'd be fine. If it's anything that might conflict with the other stuff (monster victory, endings or heat), just let us know and we'll work something out.

Gotcha. I've had some ideas for some post-victory fun with hypnosis and some extensions to base content for a while. Hopefully I'm not going too out-of-boundaries.
Garrulous

Postby TigerStripes » Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:29 pm

Garrulous wrote:
TigerStripes wrote:Sure, that'd be fine. If it's anything that might conflict with the other stuff (monster victory, endings or heat), just let us know and we'll work something out.

Gotcha. I've had some ideas for some post-victory fun with hypnosis and some extensions to base content for a while. Hopefully I'm not going too out-of-boundaries.

I'm guessing you mean monster victory for the Peacock as far as the hypnosis goes, and more content for him would be fine. If you mean player victory, that'd be a trickier to arrange. Reworking him to allow for M/M would also be permissible, though that'd require some additional tweaking throughout. Otherwise, improving or adding variations to either for these critters should be fine. I kind of like the 'mind wipe' thing he's got going as a fun change of pace, but it does make his content seem empty compared to more recent works. Having the amount remembered increase after multiple sessions might be a good way to handle this.
TigerStripes

Previous

Return to Dev Chat