Q&A about NPC Fun

Re: Q&A about NPC Fun

Postby TigerStripes » Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:20 pm

SirWolffe wrote:<Black Wasp and Joanna issues>

You should be able to remove the Black Wasp parasite by resisting getting the eggs fertilized a few times in a row, but some people have mentioned issues with that not working properly. If you really need to get rid of it from your saveword, it's position 89 - setting that to 0 should remove the parasite. That is the 30th value in the second portion of the saveword.

As for the Joanna in the garden, defeating the plant should save her. I've not heard of this being a problem before now. There's three possibilities that come to mind:
- you didn't actually do the Overrun Garden event or you didn't actually beat the monster, or you did an undo too far and undid the event;
- you successfully saved her and she's in your game and only need to travel back to the Flower Garden area; or
- you successfully beat the plant monster, but were using 'Control Freak' and skipped the post-combat scene, thereby not setting the variable contained within to indicate that you'd won this critical fight.
Did you actually get the post-combat scene with the two of you finishing off the plant?

If it continues to be a problem, the variables controlling Joanna in the saveword are positions 137 and 138, with are the 78th and 79th in the second portion of the saveword (the 24th and 25th if you count from the back). You can either set them back to 0 to reset her and the event or set the 137 spot to 1 and the 138 spot to 0 to set her as just having been saved and the Flower Garden open.
TigerStripes

Postby SirWolffe » Sun Dec 29, 2013 3:45 pm

i do have control freak. i am up to 38 feats. i am sure i killed the plant, and i am sure it said i did not save her in time. is there a way to turn control freak off? i have a save prior to the garden. i tried to go back to the garden, to see if she just came out of the plant later. but i could not get back to it after many tries.

i finally got denise by the way. thanks, i did what was suggested on that.

i will work on waiting out some more eggs. i did a stupid thing and hunted wasps thinking it would be a limited number of times and then i would birth the larva as a new queen or something. i guess i have a huge amount of sperm to work through.

i wonder though at the scenes where i just run because of story scripting. i real realize the solo player is sorta supposed to be a 30 day thing. but i am closing i on level 40, and i feel like why am i running? i could take on 50 hyenas........ :lol:
SirWolffe

Postby TigerStripes » Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:31 pm

SirWolffe wrote:<Joanna, Wasps and more>

There's no means to remove Control Freak, but if you choose to accept to see the scene when it asks you, it won't impair the function of the code. I'll swap that scene over to the newer method of fight tracking, but that won't help you right now. You'll need to either edit your saveword, start fresh or leave her for your next playthrough.

As a reminder, you should be able to skip picking a new fun feat when you level up, so you don't have to keep taking them once you've got all the ones you want.

The Wasp Queen implanted a parasite in you, which will continue to lay fresh eggs inside you over and over again as long as your womb's otherwise not in use. That's what you need to get rid of, and you get rid of it by avoiding fertilizing its eggs a few times in a row... at least that's how it's supposed to function.

As for the scenes where the player runs, there's a few factors to keep in mind. On the whole, the game's been built with a level scope of 1 to 9 with only more recent stuff starting to exceed that significantly. As well, even if you could keep beating up low level numpties one at a time, getting mobbed by lots of them will still overpower you by sheer numbers.

EDIT: I double-checked the code for the parasite and it appears like it should work fine, though I may have made the requirement for resisting automatic submission a little high. I'll tone it down somewhat when I send all my updates upon my return. Also, I should have mentioned that at least one of the potential endings has you becoming the queen of a new hive, so that is still a potential outcome.
TigerStripes

Postby Glenhall » Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:42 pm

How does one go about making Onyx into a mare? I only get the stallion option.
Glenhall

Postby TigerStripes » Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:55 am

Glenhall wrote:How does one go about making Onyx into a mare? I only get the stallion option.

At present, you can make him into a mare only if you leave him at the Stables. There were plans to potentially make him into a mare after rescuing him, but that's not built yet. It's one of many parts of the Stables project that was left incomplete when Sarokcat was no longer able to participate due to a major RL change.
TigerStripes

Postby Dormir » Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:33 am

I'm wondering how to play with Ammy,I ask to fuck and she immediately denies me...

I try the suggested ask command and get this message

(for 'Employees Only' Door)
(Ammy first taking 'Employees Only' Door)
Ammy has better things to do.

I'm feeling pretty confused here,any insight to this problem would be greatly appreciated.
Dormir

Postby Yith » Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:54 pm

My question is about the new NPC Carl. I know he has a submissive mode and a normal mode, does he have a dominant mode? and if so how do i go about activating it? Also if he does not I wonder how many hours will need to be paid for to get one.
What the Alpha says, I do.
Yith

Postby Wahn » Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:18 pm

Yith wrote:Carl

Currently, he's got those two modes - submissive and 'normal'

...normal that is with the pack behavior instincts of his new form. You can see those in action in his scene with Fang (which you'll get if Fang is locked in on Alpha or Beta state). Normal Carl wouldn't try to 'take over' or push the player into submissiveness (he only does what he does to Fang since he doesn't expect the wolf to understand anything else) but... if someone were to approach him and _ask_ him to be their top dog, he'd jump at it - in a kind of 'I'm your Alpha sex game dominance', not the 'I own you and can (ab)use you anytime I want' dominance.

So yes, a third state for Carl can be arranged, within the borders as explained above since he's mostly a nice guy. I'd have to build a talk menu and the scene to set him up as dominant over the player, then write a variant for all the sex scenes in that state. Are there any specific things you're especially keen on? How strongly dominant would you like him? Just send me a PM and we can talk things through, ok?
Wahn

Postby SallyFox » Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:09 pm

With Ammy, talk to her, wait a day, talk to her again, a day between each talk, eventually you'll have the option to ask her to take her bra off. Continue that way and eventually you can sex her up.

She wants a relationship beforehand!
SallyFox

Postby Yith » Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:58 pm

Wahn wrote:Just send me a PM and we can talk things through, ok?

can't PM newly registered :(
What the Alpha says, I do.
Yith

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat