New Writer Submission

Re: New Writer Submission

Postby Wahn » Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:09 am

One thing that I want to propose as later expansion possibility is Denise the gryphoness. The player might have his own gryphon companion along, who would surely react to the egg/hatchling.
Wahn

Postby Xenophiliac » Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:53 pm

One thing that I want to propose as later expansion possibility is Denise the gryphoness. The player might have his own gryphon companion along, who would surely react to the egg/hatchling.

That's totally possible/a good idea. How big of an expansion are we talking? A few reactionary phrases every once in a while, or a full blown talk tree (thing quest whatever)? Im totally cool with either, but i'd like to get a sense of scale.
Man ideas are weird.
Xenophiliac

Postby Wahn » Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:38 pm

Oh, I'd say some reaction texts for sure with her saying things about the egg and the hatchling. Possibly sex later on - though better check with Stripes for that.
Wahn

Postby TigerStripes » Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:04 pm

Wahn wrote:Oh, I'd say some reaction texts for sure with her saying things about the egg and the hatchling. Possibly sex later on - though better check with Stripes for that.

I see one of two ways to handle it.

- Add-ons to look/talk to egg/hatchling. These would work by either having Denise occasionally add some comment or interaction when the player looks at or talks to the egg/hatchling. Stuff like cuddling the egg in her wings, nuzzling it with her beak, cooing/singing softly to it and so on. These might only happen if Denise is your active pet and pop up about 33% of the time outside of special, scripted dialog scenes. Alternatively, little tweaks to those scripted scenes could be applied to mention the gryphoness's presence and her reaction instead.

- A couple of random messages from Denise on the egg/hatchling, such as going to check up on it, wondering how it's doing, how thinking of it makes her want some (more) of her own, etc. Some more general dialog could also be mixed in. These would randomly pop up as part of her existing everyturn rule, having a low chance to occur if sex doesn't take place and would only be triggered as possible once the egg/hatchling's been encountered. There'd have to be some care taken to manage a few possible situations from generating conflicts, but it could be managed. An added requirement might even be to have the player look at/talk to the egg/hatchling while Denise is their active pet to make sure she's seen it as well.

We can point you in the right direction for doing either of these, though both would be redundant and provide minimal increased gain.
TigerStripes

Postby Xenophiliac » Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:32 pm

Stripe's comments

I'm pretty much up for either, honestly. I guess it boils down to what provides the most content/is the most efficient
Man ideas are weird.
Xenophiliac

Postby TigerStripes » Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:38 am

Xenophiliac wrote:
Stripe's comments

I'm pretty much up for either, honestly. I guess it boils down to what provides the most content/is the most efficient.

Well, the first is probably the most efficient and will allow you to adjust content dealing with the egg/hatchling directly. That way you need only tweak the descriptions and the dialog scenes for your content. When sex becomes available, you might also provide an option to have a threesome w/Denise if she's there with the player.

To tell if Denise the gryphoness is the player's active pet:
Code: Select all
if companion of player is gryphoness

EDIT: Fixed typo. Sorry, super-early post.

To tell if the gryphoness is preggers or not:
if the remainder after dividing libido of gryphoness by 4 is 0:
   say "<not preggers - in heat again>";
otherwise if the remainder after dividing libido of gryphoness by 4 is 1:
   say "<preggers - not showing>";
otherwise if the remainder after dividing libido of gryphoness by 4 is 2:
   say "<visibly preggers>";
otherwise if the remainder after dividing libido of gryphoness by 4 is 3:
   say "<ERROR>";

That final outcome of ERROR is the result when gryphoness was not the player's companion during laying. This result should not occur while she is the player's companion and gets changed the moment the player makes her the active companion again.

Counting Denise's gryphlets:
let cc be ( libido of gryphoness / 4 );

Please note that the above gives the total number of gryphlets ever. She'll only have 2 with her at most, any more and the oldest will leave, having matured enough to go out on her own.

To check how many are present right now:
let cc be ( libido of gryphoness / 4 );
if cc >= 2:
   say "<has two gryphlets with her>";
otherwise if cc is 1:
   say "<has one gryphlets with her>";
otherwise:
   say "<has no gryphlets with her>";

You don't necessarily need to adjust for any or all of these possibilities and certainly not in all cases, but you might end up with a spot or two where you'd like to mention it. It all depends on what you end up writing and what you'd like to do with it.
TigerStripes

Postby Wahn » Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:28 am

TigerStripes wrote:To tell if Denise the gryphoness is the player's active pet:
if companion of player is bee girl

Not really, no - seems Stripes mixed something up. Of course, you'll need to use

if companion of player is gryphoness
Wahn

Postby Xenophiliac » Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:28 am

Stripe's gryphoness post

Alright, that stuff's good to know. It's definitely something ill at least look into, if not implement entirely.
-------
Wrote up a few more scenes for the hatchling. I never thought i'd be so sad from writing player refusal scenes, but man, they made me sad.

I've kind of been designing the hatchling phase as the "Stupidly adorable"/"incredibly affectionate" phase of the birds life/player interaction phase, but if you all have any other inputs or recommendations for tonal changes, id be up to hear them.

I went through and debugged what i've written as much as possible, but there's still a few issues that i can't figure out right now.
----Figured a few out

let intelligence of Gryphon Hatchling be a random number between 1 and 6;

I'm not sure if i cant specify the intelligence of the hatchling to be a random number, or if i've just written this wrong ;~;
[if cunt size of player < 26 or gestation of child > 0]

Also being annoying, I might have written this wrong though.
Attachments
Kid G.rar
(22.14 KiB) Downloaded 661 times
Last edited by Xenophiliac on Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
Man ideas are weird.
Xenophiliac

Postby Wahn » Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:32 am

Xenophiliac wrote:
if lasttalk of Gryphon Egg - turns < 6:

Is causing problems, because lasttalk is probably not a command (took a guess to see if it was, probably isn't). If thats the case, ill just remove it and the other related commands.

It's not... the basic layout of this game didn't really put much focus on... well, talking. There's a reason that the talk menus we have are modified sex menus ;) But you can just define that variable yourself and use it.
Wahn

Postby Xenophiliac » Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:08 pm

It's not... the basic layout of this game didn't really put much focus on... well, talking. There's a reason that the talk menus we have are modified sex menus ;) But you can just define that variable yourself and use it.

That's what i figured, but i took a shot in the dark anyways. went through and hopefully made it work.
I'm also looking for suggestions for in-depth interaction scenes for the small birdbeast. I have a feeding/bathing/hunting-esque one, with another play scene in progress, but beyond that, im at a loss for ideas for this stage

& How would I set up a random repertoire of talk phrases for the egg that includes the chance of Denise saying things if she's present?
Man ideas are weird.
Xenophiliac

PreviousNext

Return to Dev Chat