New Writer Submission

Re: New Writer Submission

Postby Wahn » Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:04 am

Yep, good idea. Start slow to build big. Best to pace oneself to last the distance.

Haha, just noticed... if this and Selena thr catgirl work out, the farm will have a "grow your own npc" theme too :D
Wahn

Postby Xenophiliac » Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:28 am

Haha, just noticed... if this and Selena thr catgirl work out, the farm will have a "grow your own npc" theme too :D

Now all we need is a plantable NPC that someone can grow from seed to maturity, then that'll be true in both the literal and figurative sense *swoosh*
Man ideas are weird.
Xenophiliac

Postby Xenophiliac » Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:40 am

Alright, here's the first W.I.P. of Kid G. I 'think' the hatchling phase is done, but the an rule for starting the next phase needs finished, along with like the entirety of the beast. Would've finished the goddamn an statement, but I keep making too much words and its like 6 am here and i need to stop staying up till 6 writing shit.

Feel free to let me know what you guys think so far of the written content and whatever else you deem feedbackable

I also still havent decided if i want to keep the name
Last edited by Xenophiliac on Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Man ideas are weird.
Xenophiliac

Postby Wahn » Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:40 am

That looks pretty hot from what I saw when skipping over it.

First impression notes:
- find multiple synonyms for `the egg`
- Check if the player is pregnant before unbirthing a giant egg
Wahn

Postby Xenophiliac » Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:30 pm

That looks pretty hot from what I saw when skipping over it.

First impression notes:
- find multiple synonyms for `the egg`
- Check if the player is pregnant before unbirthing a giant egg

Yea, didn't even think of that. I'll go through and add a check real quick. I could replace the egg with gryphon egg or some shit, but not many other names i can think of
Man ideas are weird.
Xenophiliac

Postby Wahn » Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:17 pm

Well, you can describe it - instead of "touching the egg" you can say "touching the lifegiving oval" or such things. "precious shape", "you cradle the embryo in its protective shell", ...
Wahn

Postby Xenophiliac » Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:52 pm

Well, you can describe it - instead of "touching the egg" you can say "touching the lifegiving oval" or such things. "precious shape", "you cradle the embryo in its protective shell", ...

I went through and changed up the "the egg" phrases a bit. It still might need a bit more touching up, but its not as repetitive now.

Otherwise, i think i finished up the eggy part of the lifespan, and put the starts of the hatchling age areas. I think most of my code is alright, but theres a few spots that im unsure of/might not yet be functional. Didn't do as much as i wanted to in the past hours, but i'm gonna hopefully work on it later tonight/early early morning tomorrow

Edit: I'm also a bit idea short on things the player could influence. I'm thinking of having an affection system that increases/decreases on player actions, and possibly making the beast's actual size influenceable, but beyond that, i only have a few other ideas.
Man ideas are weird.
Xenophiliac

Postby Xenophiliac » Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:47 am

Finished up the basics for Hatchling phase, and added an influence scene. Got a few more of those to get through, and then i have to decide if anything at this stage is player-changable/what that would be. Need to also set up the turn counter for hatchling->adolescent, and add a few description changes in there. Probably still a few coding inconsistencies/errors in what ive chugged out so far though
Attachments
Kid G.rar
(17.19 KiB) Downloaded 663 times
Man ideas are weird.
Xenophiliac

Postby Wahn » Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:53 am

Wow, quick work on all this. I like it :)

I noticed that the cum absorption part of the male egg sex scene ends in two very similar sentences with almost the same words. Could you have another look please and try to avoid word repetitions? Synonyms are the way to go...
Wahn

Postby Xenophiliac » Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:06 am

I noticed that the cum absorption part of the male egg sex scene ends in two very similar sentences with almost the same words. Could you have another look please and try to avoid word repetitions? Synonyms are the way to go...

Yea i'll revisit that when I get the chance later. I think that was one of the scenes I wrote when I was about to crash, so my thought processes were not all functioning :?
Man ideas are weird.
Xenophiliac

PreviousNext

Return to Dev Chat