New Writer Checkin

Re: New Writer Checkin

Postby DrGryphon » Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:46 am

Hello, I've actually written something for the game before, the Apocalypse store that gives the player a few pieces of clothing. I wanted to drop by and say that I'm still interested in adding content to the game, but probably not anytime in the immediate future.

I have an idea for an alpha hermaphrodite gryphon infection, and I was also thinking about creating an early ending for Lillith and the demons, similar to the one you can get from Timothy.

Fetish list
•Anthro: Felines, horses, cows, canines. avinas, and mythological creatures are favorites.
•Ferals/Bestiality
•Aliens/Monsters/Demons
•Tentacles
•Lactation and Breastfeeding
•Diapers: Both in scenes and as clothing items. There aren't any in the game and I'm curious if they're allowed.
•Pregnancy, birth, and breeding:
•Crossdressing & Genderbending
•Hermaphrodites
•Unbirth
•Symbiotes

Turn-off list
•Humiliation
•BDSM
•Abusive or inconsiderate partners
•Hardcore rape
•Obese partners
•Vore
•Gore

Also, I'd be ok with writing scat, but I know a lot of people don't like it so I won't include it if it's not wanted.
DrGryphon

Postby McRabid » Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:01 am

I"m open to helping where needed, already made the goat and i'd say i've got like....80% of the mouse done maybe 90%, all thats left for it is the sex scenes.

Anyway I'm open to writing most things s'long as its m/m as Its what I know and I figure I shouldn't tackle what I don't know enough to even fake. I'm still learning inform and it's going a lot smoother than I had expected, not nearly as hard as I had convinced myself it'd be.

That being said I'd love to help in any way possible as I love the game and this gives me a creative outlet that is actually constructive and helpful :3
McRabid

Postby elven » Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:12 pm

Hello. I`d like to help aswell, but have no skills with either Inform 7 or github(Though I understand the concept of code repository, as I am using one at my work). So I ask for a bit of help on how to start. I already saw templates for events, creatures, etc, but I`m interested in how this whole thing works - I tried opening up files from code with Inform 7 and basically they do not open up. Please explain me how to add your own content and complie it into project, so I can see it in action.
elven

Postby Wahn » Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:18 pm

elven wrote:Hello. I`d like to help aswell, but have no skills with either Inform 7 or github(Though I understand the concept of code repository, as I am using one at my work). So I ask for a bit of help on how to start. I already saw templates for events, creatures, etc, but I`m interested in how this whole thing works - I tried opening up files from code with Inform 7 and basically they do not open up. Please explain me how to add your own content and complie it into project, so I can see it in action.

The .i7x files are simply txt files with a different ending - just push em into any text editor...
Wahn

Postby Firedrive24 » Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:19 pm

i'd like to throw my hat in the ring again this time with a better understanding of inform 7. i'm not sure if inform has updated since the last time i've been on sight but between my last post here and today i've made a small game that uses a score system and an invisible point counter to track progress in a room. its very bare bones and sits at the limit of what i managed to gather reading the hand book.

all and all i think i can help with typos and making more enemies though the true objective in the end with me would be to make more quest lines.

there is not much i wouldn't do though any toilet stuff water sports or scat or homosexual (because i'm not quiet sure how to write those) and my favs usually deal with expansion lactation and ascending to dominance ie hyena matriarch and skunk beast lord.

i would also like to attempt something different when it comes to all the sex scenes by having the game acknowledge body types. there are three i'm aware of being legless (naga or goo body) bipedal (standard for most transformations) and taur or more (for the 4 legged type also if there is any forms with more than 4 i think it would be safe to use the taur sex scene for it).

ahh talked too much again heh well here's hopin i get the understanding down this time since i'm a little more experienced.
Firedrive24

Postby elven » Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:31 pm

Wahn wrote:
elven wrote:Hello. I`d like to help aswell, but have no skills with either Inform 7 or github(Though I understand the concept of code repository, as I am using one at my work). So I ask for a bit of help on how to start. I already saw templates for events, creatures, etc, but I`m interested in how this whole thing works - I tried opening up files from code with Inform 7 and basically they do not open up. Please explain me how to add your own content and complie it into project, so I can see it in action.

The .i7x files are simply txt files with a different ending - just push em into any text editor...

Thank you very much. That helps a bit, but I still does not understand how to run the file I`d create for debug. On top of that I have a question - it seems to me that core code of game is not in repository, so authors would commit their code, and then someone would check it and add into game, am I right? And if my assumption is correct - then writers can`t add their own variables like triggers for some continuous event?

By the way I don`t know if it`s needed - but I`m a QA automation engineer and have some experience with C#
elven

Postby Wahn » Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:42 pm

elven wrote:
Wahn wrote:

Thank you very much. That helps a bit, but I still does not understand how to run the file I`d create for debug. On top of that I have a question - it seems to me that core code of game is not in repository, so authors would commit their code, and then someone would check it and add into game, am I right? And if my assumption is correct - then writers can`t add their own variables like triggers for some continuous event?

By the way I don`t know if it`s needed - but I`m a QA automation engineer and have some experience with C#

The complete code of the game is in the repository. The main game code is in the Inform folder -> "story.ni", all the other files are the contributions of various writers. What inform does is compile all the files into one useable game file you can play with. There are no limits for declaring and using variables.
Wahn

Postby elven » Sat Aug 02, 2014 2:19 pm

Thank you once more
elven

Postby Wahn » Sat Aug 02, 2014 2:28 pm

qwertyman20 wrote:Hey. Been watching the game for a while now, and I figured I'd give this a shot. I know some programming languages (not fully fluent, but workable) that include C++, Python, Visual Basic, and Java.

I've played with Inform 7 a very little, but I have full faith in my ability to pick it up quickly. I think I'll write one of each type of event given in the template area to get some practice in, and to prove my writing capabilities.

I have a wide list of interests that fit the game, including eggs, lactation, hyper, udders, and many surprise changes/situations, much like the black wasp's insect hive event.

As a quick question, is there a deadline I should try to meet?

No deadlines or anything. Just write your stuff in whatever speed you are comfortable with.
Wahn

Postby qwertyman20 » Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:00 pm

Another question I'd like to ask is how you'd like us to upload or send you the files. Is a post acceptable, or is there some way to package it?
qwertyman20

PreviousNext

Return to Dev Chat