New Writer Checkin

New Writer Checkin

Postby Wahn » Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:30 am

Hi everyone, please do a quick post below once you've registered to let us know you wanna join in, where your interests lie and so on. After that, either open up a new thread for open discussion of your ideas or contact Stripes, Blue Bishop or myself by PM.

Generally, I do suggest you start slow with a small, manageable project - be it a single creature or an event, etc. Something you can take your first steps on without running into all kinds of problems because its too elaborate for a beginner. You can always go back and build additions later, no need to break your back with overly elaborate plans at once.

Please take a moment to fill out the preference questionnaire too, to show what you like and what to expect from you.

Some important Links:
FS GitHub - get your FS code package here (right side, the "Download Zip" button). Do make an account here, you'll need it eventually.
Templates and Code Snippets
Stripes Game Mechanics Overview
Last edited by Wahn on Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
Wahn

Re: New Writer Checkin

Postby Kernog » Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:10 am

Hello there. I guess I'm the first person to answer the ad. I'm interested in taking small-scale projects for the game. :D

I practiced Inform 7 a little and actually made a small game in that language a while ago. Hence, I know how the program works, and I know most basic functions (rooms, player variables and the like) and a few others, like simulating dice rolls or doing point calculations.

English is not my native language, but I'm fluent in it and I roleplay regularly in English thanks to f-list.
Here are the contents I am very interested with; please note that those are only my favourite kinks, and that I'm not limited to this content
[*]Rubber/Encasement: the Bouncy Castle is by far my favourite location in the game, and it'd be a pleasure to write more content similar in nature
[*]Robots/Machines
[*]Insects and plant-like enemies: flies, ants, plant pods, flowers, etc.
[*]Bizzarely-shaped ennemies: creatures with several pairs of arms, monsters with cock-tongues or dick-nipples, demons with tentacle-cocks, snake-cocks, or tentacled vaginas, etc. They would go well with either the lab underground or a new location like a haunted house or somethin horror-themed
[*]Oviposition in any degree
[*]Milking, either cock or breast, and everything that revolves around it (orgasm denial for instance)
[*]Group-sex / Gang-bang
[*]In general, muscled characters (not too muscled, though)
[*]Monkeys / Apes
[*]anything with prehensile paws or tail

On the contrary, here is what I would refuse to do right away:
[*]Gore/Maiming/Snuff
[*]Scat
[*]Watersports
[*]Unbirthing

Other than that, everything else is fair game.
Current projects done:
Monkey King
Rat Twins Erin and Violet
Astroslide Football Field remake and Roman
Kernog

Postby TigerStripes » Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:33 am

Kln95130 wrote:<introduction>

Welcome and thanks for volunteering.

Having some familiarity with Inform7's a definite plus. Do be aware that there's some differences in how Flexible Survival handles certain things, such as items and inventory, but you'll certainly have an easier time in dealing with the coding side of things. Thanks as well for providing a list of your interests and the themes you're interested in exploring. It sounds like you'll be able to provide some increased range and explore a few themes we've not spent as much time on.

I'd suggest you start by coming up with a basic idea you can do as a practice piece, either a straightforward critter, NPC or event and show everyone what your work is like while also introducing yourself to coding within FS's little quirks. If you haven't already, check out the code in the GitHub code repository for something similar to what you intend to build and use it as a starting point. Just make a few things that you think'd be fun to do and/or fun for players to encounter and we'll see how things go from there. If you need any help or have any questions, just let us know.
TigerStripes

Postby Kernog » Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:36 am

I'm looking at it and at the templates.
I'll write a gorilla critter as a first try and I'll post it in my thread.
Current projects done:
Monkey King
Rat Twins Erin and Violet
Astroslide Football Field remake and Roman
Kernog

Postby Wahn » Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:47 am

Kln95130 wrote:I'm looking at it and at the templates.
I'll write a gorilla critter as a first try and I'll post it in my thread.

I`m already in the progress of writing a gorilla football player for the campus, sorry to tell you. He`s set to come out once I finish the current David+Brutus event...

Could you maybe go for an alternate ape or monley for now? There are lots to choose from after all... maybe a chimp or orang utan?
Wahn

Postby Xenophiliac » Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:15 am

Hello everyone. Been a fan of FS for a while now, and figured i'd give writing and coding a shot.
I haven't messed with Inform 7 before, but I do have a bit of basic experience coding/programming. It's been a while since i've done anything with it, but from what i've looked at so far, basic event/creature development does not seem all that difficult to figure out. I think i've already figured out creature creation, at least at a basic level. I'll have to sit down and figure out the more complicated stuff when it comes up.

As for writing content, i'm pretty much up for doing anything. There are things which peak my interests, but I don't mind writing stuff that's not to my specific interests. If anyone has any suggestions or small, beginner-level projects that need done, I wouldn't mind tackling those. Otherwise, i'll probably think up a new enemy, and see if there's space for that in FS.
Man ideas are weird.
Xenophiliac

Postby Wahn » Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:22 am

Xenophiliac wrote:Hello everyone. Been a fan of FS for a while now, and figured i'd give writing and coding a shot.
I haven't messed with Inform 7 before, but I do have a bit of basic experience coding/programming. It's been a while since i've done anything with it, but from what i've looked at so far, basic event/creature development does not seem all that difficult to figure out. I think i've already figured out creature creation, at least at a basic level. I'll have to sit down and figure out the more complicated stuff when it comes up.

As for writing content, i'm pretty much up for doing anything. There are things which peak my interests, but I don't mind writing stuff that's not to my specific interests. If anyone has any suggestions or small, beginner-level projects that need done, I wouldn't mind tackling those. Otherwise, i'll probably think up a new enemy, and see if there's space for that in FS.

Welcome to the FS Writer's corner.

A new infection is a good thing to start on, just grab the template for yourself and put in your own texts. You can check out the creature overview viewtopic.php?f=4&t=14 to see what we already have and which areas could use a strong or weak additional enemy.
Wahn

Postby DFC » Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:26 am

Definitely interested in writing stuff for the game. I had started writing a new critter a while back, but other things came up and I had to stop. That being said, I don't know how much time I can put into this, but I can try.

Most of what I write is likely to be M/M, though I might toss in M/F variants to be fair. I'm also pretty open about writing anything, but will not do vore, unbirth, scat, diapers, child, or anything extreme that deals with death or dismemberment either during or after sex. Death and dismemberment should be saved for action scenes during quests, but that's just me.
DFC

Postby AresBlaze » Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:45 am

Hey there! Like I said in my PM to you, I'm really interested in doing some writing for FS, be it small scale or a little bigger.

While I believe I have the writing side of things tackled well enough (vivid descriptions, solid word choice, good pacing, etc.), and I'm generally flexible with tasks I'm given, I only have a very beginning level of experience with Inform and can only type the description for the beginning room in a game. However, I'm willing to learn if it means being able to contribute, and possibly even make some of my own games using the program. In addition, becoming a writer is one of my life goals and I believe that having some project to dedicate myself to with deadlines and objectives would help me.

As far as interests/fetishes go, and what I'm not very willing to do, here's a couple of lists:

[*]While this isn't a fetish, I'd like to start right off the bat by saying I would be highly interested in delving into backstories of characters. I liked how Orthas and Beverly actually had lives before the infection, and I would love to see that become more common in the game. I even have an idea for a quest! Anyway, on to the good part.

"Woo A++!" fetish list:
[*]Really any kind of characters, especially avian, reptilian/draconic, cervine, equine, canid, and alien
[*]Birds, snakes, dragons, giraffes, elephants, horses, and deer are among my favorites
[*]Any body type, really. Includes fat, muscled, voluptuous, and even average
[*]Femdom and/or bigger female, smaller male
[*]Sounding and other urethral fun
[*]Some light teasing or humiliating
[*]Milking and breastfeeding
[*]Best -iality/feral on anthro or human
[*]Tying in with that last one: Feral gangbangs like in the Wyvern's nest
[*]Snouts, muzzles, and beaks; but that goes without saying 8-)
[*]Long necks are a big turn-on, too
[*]Unbirthing
[*]Tentacles. Definitely tentacles. Also, plants.
[*]Effeminate males
[*]Mutual masturbation
[*]Enema/inflation
[*]Exhibitionism
[*]Impregnation/oviposition

Well since I ran out of fetishes, here's the stuff I do not like:
[*]Hardcore/realistic rape
[*]Scat, but it seems pretty much everyone here hates it
[*]Dismemberment/blood/death outside of quests or special scenes
[*]As it just so happens, I'm not a big fan of apes at all
[*]Hard vore (I can, however, tolerate writing regular vore)
[*]Hyper

Everything else I'm either ambivalent about or willing to do. I look forward to hearing back!
Last edited by AresBlaze on Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
AresBlaze

Postby qwertyman20 » Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:17 am

Hey. Been watching the game for a while now, and I figured I'd give this a shot. I know some programming languages (not fully fluent, but workable) that include C++, Python, Visual Basic, and Java.

I've played with Inform 7 a very little, but I have full faith in my ability to pick it up quickly. I think I'll write one of each type of event given in the template area to get some practice in, and to prove my writing capabilities.

I have a wide list of interests that fit the game, including eggs, lactation, hyper, udders, and many surprise changes/situations, much like the black wasp's insect hive event.

As a quick question, is there a deadline I should try to meet?
qwertyman20

Next

Return to Dev Chat