Lore Question

Lore Question

Postby Alvera » Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:33 am

I have a lore question (for the actual Developers) about one of the Dedications: Necromantic Adept. Specifically, I'd like to know how necromancy works in the world of Flexible Survival, what it can and can't do, that sort of thing. I tried looking up the RP info on Necromancy and nothing came up: RPwise can Necromancers actually, you know, do Necromancy in the traditional sense (make zombies, that sort of thing)? Also, Necromancy does count as a "Supernatural" dedication doesn't it? Since I bought the Necromantic Adept dedication I'd like to know what I can do in RPs.
Alvera

Re: Lore Question

Postby AnOne » Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:49 am

Since no-one's answering (mind, this is going by what Nuku and other staff said a year ago. They may have changed their minds since then): Necromancy is not supernatural, it's all nanites. The Zombies you find in the Graveyard are also Nanites, but no conclusive / consistent answer has been given on what they are (a very successful infection strain, reanimated bodies, matter shaped like reanimated bodies, etcetera). The only abilities a Necromantic Acolyte has are those they get from the dedication itself. Thus you basically get an aura that gives people the heebie-jeebies, and can somehow steal "energy" / "life force" (???) from conscious and unconscious persons.

Note that Necromancers can't actually do anything with the dead, nor any other Dedication (Supernatural or Nanite-based) for that matter. Nuku was quite clear earlier, for example, that all the Phoenix's rebirth power does is essentially take a pair of shock pads to you (so it doesn't even heal any of the injuries that left you in your unconscious / near-dead state), so once something's dead-dead it's out of everythings' hands.
AnOne

Return to General Chat