Flexible Survival On Android Phones

Flexible Survival On Android Phones

Postby Dakinu » Sat May 24, 2014 8:28 am

Just thought I'd try contributing to this awesome project by letting you guys know that I managed to get Flexible Survival working on my Sony Ericsson Xperia Play Android smart phone. I did this by using an app called KBOX by Kevin Boone, which you can find here along with some instructions: http://kevinboone.net/kbox_frotz.html .It's not perfect, but I can confirm that it does work... for me, anyway.

Before you get too excited, let me inform you a bit more about the app. Kbox is not available on the app store, you have to download it from the above website and then transfer it and the other file(s) to your phone. Don't forget to allow apps from unkonwn sources as well. KBOX is (as far as I understand it) a command line/terminal emulator. Meaning that if you're not comfortable typing 'computer lingo' into your phone, you might have a bit of an issue. Another issue is that it doesn't work on all Android versions. It works pretty well on my phone (2.3.4), but my tablet can't get the app to start without immediately going back to the app list (4.2.2). Still, it is free so It's worth a shot, right?

It doesn't have pictures and it doesn't have that "Scrollback" feature that Windows Glulxe has (though you may be able to send a transcript to yourself via email), but you can save, more around, fight, submit, and all that. It just takes a minute to load sometimes, so be sure to bring your patience with you.

One more thing to note while installing it and the mini-program within the app, you may have to type in the word 'busybox' before the 'dpkg' command listed in the instructions. Maybe others, I'm not sure. If anyone's having trouble getting around the command line, I might make a tutorial later. But if the Kbox app doesn't even start, there's not much I can do.

But yeah, hope that helps you guys out a bit. let me know if it helps or hurts. Bye!
Dakinu

Re: Flexible Survival On Android Phones

Postby fokkusuES » Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:40 am

I did it too but glulxe cant open any glux game, I have a working kbox3 with glulxe and ncurses installed, but when I try to play it I got

"Gluxle fatal error: The game file could not be opened.
(flexible_survival.blorb)

I got that error with every .blorb game.
fokkusuES

Return to General Chat