Flexible Survival and copyright

Re: Flexible Survival and copyright

Postby Samsquatch » Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:44 pm

I think it comes down to a difference in opinion on how we're measuring "similar". I'm looking mostly at the basic setting and plot. The way I see it, FS and shadowrun are like two different campaigns in the same gaming system. The characters, story and details are different, but the basic components are pretty much the same.

As far as fallout goes, I feel like that's more of a departure. Yes, they have more in common as far as the survival aspect goes, but the nature of the apocalypse is very different and it lacks the fantasy elements (all the various races/creatures).
Samsquatch

Postby Shoggoth on the Roof » Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:41 pm

FS is about surviving in a post-apocalyptic setting filled with hostile mutants. Fallout is about surviving in a post-apocalyptic setting filled with hostile mutants. Shadowrun is about being a freelance mercenary sticking it to The Man in a future full of elves, dragons, and corporations that have grown so powerful they've become semi-independent nations. Okay, maybe it's similar if the game is set in the Kawloon Walled City in Hong Kong, but that's only because that town is so nasty that Insect Spirits that go there get mugged!
A big monster like that on such a pointed roof... You may ask 'how does it stay up there, if it's so difficult?'

That, I can tell you in one word: tentacles!
Shoggoth on the Roof

Postby walter » Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:54 am

Decent need to accomplish something like this with mine
walter

Previous

Return to Art and Media