kindasorta Newbie questions.

kindasorta Newbie questions.

Postby Vulpesveritas » Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:50 am

I say 'kindasorta newbie' as it has been 250ish days before now since I last logged in prior to this week. But even before that point, I was at a loss for some of the game content. I have been over the wiki several times, but I've ended up getting to the conclusion that the wiki covers next to nothing on the full list of commands for the game, as well as game concepts and the like.
So... here I am, and I'm just going to ask about some of the things I'm lost on or would like to request help with. While I'm sure I could ask in the public chat.... I can't say I really feel comfortable there. Probably part of my problem in the first place, but eh.

So...

1. What is the "Craft Bounty?"

2. How do you obtain infection vials?

3. Is there a way to trade with other players, if so, how?

4. My character is level 21, why is it the only encounters I've been able to find when in direct control end up being usually enemies with 4-5x my HP and kill me in one hit?

5. What is the best way to get freecreds at my level?, (and if the answer is RPing, what is the best non-RPing method?)

6. Speaking of RPing, how do you do it in such a way that you get something out of it? It's not something that I want to do all the time in this game, but I do like RPing once in a while, so...

7. what is the best way to improve my combat effectiveness? what skills should I level / what mutations to seek out?

8. How do you get salvage off of enemies? Do they have to be in a specific area or do I need to rank up my skills to a certain extent?

9. Speaking of salvage, how best to obtain it?

10. Outside of shops, where do you find schematics?
Vulpesveritas

Re: kindasorta Newbie questions.

Postby nukuv » Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:06 am

So...

1. What is the "Craft Bounty?"

A bounty for money and a reward token. You can fulfill it most easily from the web page on the right hand bar towards the bottom(where it says what the bounty is). Make it, click the button, profit.

2. How do you obtain infection vials?

Get a mako nanite collector, a souped up non-mako nanite collector, or have advaniced innoc and a basic non-mako nanite collector.

3. Is there a way to trade with other players, if so, how?

give x to joe.

4. My character is level 21, why is it the only encounters I've been able to find when in direct control end up being usually enemies with 4-5x my HP and kill me in one hit?

Go to a different area. To see a list of areas, look at the terminal in the upstairs of Zephyr.

5. What is the best way to get freecreds at my level?, (and if the answer is RPing, what is the best non-RPing method?)

Social actions are also good, as is just plain duking it out with the local mutant wild life.

6. Speaking of RPing, how do you do it in such a way that you get something out of it? It's not something that I want to do all the time in this game, but I do like RPing once in a while, so...

Just RP. It's automagic!

7. what is the best way to improve my combat effectiveness? what skills should I level / what mutations to seek out?

That's a bit too heavy. Consult the wiki.

8. How do you get salvage off of enemies? Do they have to be in a specific area or do I need to rank up my skills to a certain extent?

Automagic! Skills do help though.

9. Speaking of salvage, how best to obtain it?

Beat up mutants, but also get a nanite collector(any will do) so you get builder nanites and then you can 'mine' for salvage.

10. Outside of shops, where do you find schematics?

A few rare bosses have them.
nukuv
Site Admin

Postby Werewolf » Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:56 pm

What is the command used to adjust your level?
Werewolf

Postby Blackfrost » Fri May 30, 2014 11:59 pm

Command for level set is Mentor (number) without the ()
Blackfrost

Return to General Chat