Q&A about Critter Fun

Re: Q&A about Critter Fun

Postby Shoggoth on the Roof » Sun Jun 08, 2014 4:44 pm

You can't. Once you get the Shapeshifter power, it automatically overrides any other endings.

Which is why I avoid getting it.
A big monster like that on such a pointed roof... You may ask 'how does it stay up there, if it's so difficult?'

That, I can tell you in one word: tentacles!
Shoggoth on the Roof

Postby Wahn » Mon Jun 09, 2014 2:13 am

If I read the saveword right, the shifting save spot should be entry #46 in the first saveword part. Set that to 0 and recite, then you should get rid of the shifting ability and be able to see all other endings...
Wahn

Postby Cameron » Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:57 pm

What's up with the Dominator creature, Max, and the training center? The wiki says the content is inactive.
Cameron

Postby Wahn » Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:06 pm

c1m5r15n wrote:What's up with the Dominator creature, Max, and the training center? The wiki says the content is inactive.

Songbird unearthed the remains and poked around in them. Did he activate it too? Haven`t followed things there too closely.
Wahn

Postby Cameron » Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:08 pm

I don't think it's been activated. I've hunted for a dominator in the outside area with no success.
Cameron

Postby Blue Bishop » Mon Jun 16, 2014 5:17 am

The dominator and surrounding content was disabled some time ago for a lot of technical complications. I don't know the intimate details, you'd have to ask Stripes.
Blue Bishop

Postby Wahn » Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:49 pm

Blue Bishop wrote:The dominator and surrounding content was disabled some time ago for a lot of technical complications. I don't know the intimate details, you'd have to ask Stripes.

Disabling that stuff was a simple question of quality control. With multiple typos and grammatical errors in _every single sentence_, it was no fun to read, and no one could get motivated to essentially re-write the whole thing.
Wahn

Postby TigerStripes » Tue Jun 17, 2014 3:17 am

There were also several technical issues with the material as well, but they were very difficult to assess given the snarl that was the writing. In the end, I had to remove the content from the game. Given how the material essentially forced the player to deal with it, and yet was then broken and hard to read, it was frustrating for too many of them. There were good ideas in the material, but the execution was simply not up to snuff. Some attempts have been made by others to rework and repair it, but none have worked out.
TigerStripes

Postby Blue Bishop » Tue Jun 17, 2014 3:18 am

Wahn wrote:Disabling that stuff was a simple question of quality control. With multiple typos and grammatical errors in _every single sentence_, it was no fun to read, and no one could get motivated to essentially re-write the whole thing.

TigerStripes wrote:There were also several technical issues with the material as well, but they were very difficult to assess given the snarl that was the writing. In the end, I had to remove the content from the game. Given how the material essentially forced the player to deal with it, and yet was then broken and hard to read, it was frustrating for too many of them. There were good ideas in the material, but the execution was simply not up to snuff. Some attempts have been made by others to rework and repair it, but none have worked out.

I imagine, since I'm basically the "Fix-it Dragon", that sort of duty would fall to me. If only I wasn't absolutely swamped as it is! I got, like... four different projects I'm handling simultaneously right now, not to mention a lot more in my backlog. Yeesh!
Blue Bishop

Postby Krux » Sun Aug 03, 2014 5:45 pm

So...I payed close attention to the Tenrec...and during any scene it's described as an Otter-Shrew. The thing is, when I google both, Tenrec and Otter-Shrews are two different animals (In fact, a Tenrec was the type of animal Shadow the Hedgehog was meant to be in the beginning of development of Sonic Adventure 2).

So, is this some kind of confusion or did I miss something about Tenrecs and Otter-Shrews?
Krux

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat