Starting the Game In-Browser (SP)

Starting the Game In-Browser (SP)

Postby D3vil » Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:44 pm

Hey,

I'm pretty much a fan of this game. It has a very wide range of content and coding behind it. At first, I would to thank all those, who had work at developing this game. The survival aspect is very unique, since this is the first game in IF I've seen thats supporting such great survival contents. First of all thank you.
So, that's all about my introduction to this forum ;)
However, I've been playing this game very often. But at some time, maybe it's estimated two weeks ago, since the link for the singleplayer for the In-Browser Game on scworlds (http://www.scworlds.net/FI/play.html) stopped working on my pc (I'm using Windows 7 with Chrome). The game is just loading, which seems to have no end.
As a consequence to that, I started to play it on the blog of Nuku (blog.flexiblesurvival.com/p/play-flexible-survival.html). However, I was playing it today, everything worked fine.
Today evening (I'm living in europe) I tried to play it again, but the same thing of the scworlds link started to happen. It's loading and loading, but it seems to last forever.
Am I the only one experiencing this problem or is it like it's not working right now? I tried to play it on Internet Explorer, but it still wasn't working.

Am I doing something wrong with this? I really wanted to play it further, since I wanted to finish all the quests.
I could attach a screenshot of my problem, but I think you know, what I'm trying to say.

D3vil
D3vil

Re: Starting the Game In-Browser (SP)

Postby nukuv » Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:49 pm

Should be fixed! Sorry for that bug.
nukuv
Site Admin

Postby D3vil » Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:41 am

Thanks for fixing the bug!

D3vil
D3vil

Postby Wahn » Sat Apr 05, 2014 5:08 am

Even with the bug fixed, I'd recommend that you grab an interpreter and run the game offline. Then your saves are no longer in an easily deleted browser cache but actual save files on your computer. Plus, you can decide yourself when you want to switch to a new version and use a saveword to transfer your progress.

A good and fast interpreter for the raw game files (from the links section on the blog) is WinGit -> http://www.ifarchive.org/indexes/if-arc ... sXgit.html
Wahn

Return to General Chat