Missing Scenes

Missing Scenes

Postby BadgerMushroom » Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:01 am

For several months now I've noticed that certain scenes no longer show anything. For example, having sex with Diego simply brings a blank. I've tried updating and reinstalling the clients and downloading clean versions of the game, but I'm still having this problem. The new beach content is the same. I can talk to the rats but having sex with them brings up nothing, just a next button which brings me back to where I was.
BadgerMushroom

Re: Missing Scenes

Postby Wahn » Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:01 pm

Oh? Which specific scenes, and which specifc state of Diego do you mean?
Wahn

Postby BadgerMushroom » Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:25 pm

Pretty much all the new sex scenes in the past few months. Herm and female diego refuse to show up. Interestingly several versions ago they worked fine, but now nothing appears.
BadgerMushroom

Postby Wahn » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:50 am

I just downloaded the raw game file from the blog, went to Diego, tricked with him a few times till he accepted drinks, gave him dog milk, fucked herm diego in all 3 different ways (scenes working perfectly), gave him more dog milk and fucked him in the 3 ways again (all scenes working perfectly).

Are you sure that you haven't mixed up some files and are playing an old version of the game? Please type the command "version", which should give you something like this:
Flexible Survival
An Interactive Fiction by Nuku Valente
Release 64 / Serial number 180121 / Inform 7 build 6M62 (I6/v6.33 lib 6/12N) D

^^ see that Serial Number? That's the compile date in this format: 2018.01.21
You can also see these data points on a new game startup...
Wahn

Postby BadgerMushroom » Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:17 pm

I'm getting this:

Flexible Survival
An Interactive Fiction by Nuku Valente
Release 64 / Serial number 180105 / Inform 7 build 6M62 (I6/v6.33 lib 6/12N) D
BadgerMushroom

Postby OmegaRook » Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:01 pm

Thanks for the info, Wahn - I did not know about the version command. That will make things much easier to keep track of whether I am playing with the latest version or not. Very useful info!
OmegaRook

Postby Wahn » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:06 pm

@badger Could you please get a fresh download or the Installer and see if it works not? And if not, please do give me a step by step guide what you did before the bug...
Wahn

Postby BadgerMushroom » Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:38 pm

Tried both a fresh install using the installer as well as the raw files. I simply launch the game and then try to reproduce the scenes. Having the same problem regardless. I've also tried updating glulxe to the latest version as well.
BadgerMushroom

Postby Wahn » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:58 am

BadgerMushroom wrote:Tried both a fresh install using the installer as well as the raw files. I simply launch the game and then try to reproduce the scenes. Having the same problem regardless. I've also tried updating glulxe to the latest version as well.

So please, give me a step by step guide on what you are doing. I went through a fresh download and all scenes worked perfectly, so there must be some additonal steps on the way that somehow make the normal processes de-rail. Are you banning anything, for example, or using a saveword?
Wahn

Postby BadgerMushroom » Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:32 am

Downloaded fresh version
Use hyperlinks
Select gender (doesn't seem to affect the outcome)
Run type as Researcher
Use main feat as Sterile
Fun Feat as Strong Psyche
Set no WS
No Vore
No Ovi
Waiting for Input and Screen Clearing to Off
Start game. Set proportion to 30
Turn on cheat options (Played through a ton so I generally use these now) 1 through 6. Booster I usually turn on Strong Back and Horny Bastard
Hunt Collies until I can get dog milk
Go to the park and talk to Diego. Trick him 4 times and then get him to drink dog milk.
Try to have sex with Diego, no dialogue.
BadgerMushroom

Next

Return to General Chat