"The nearby shadows shift slightly"

"The nearby shadows shift slightly"

Postby Shoggoth on the Roof » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:13 pm

I've seen this message on occasion, but I've never been able to figure out what triggers it or what it's supposed to indicate regarding my character.
A big monster like that on such a pointed roof... You may ask 'how does it stay up there, if it's so difficult?'

That, I can tell you in one word: tentacles!
Shoggoth on the Roof

Re: "The nearby shadows shift slightly"

Postby boring7 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:10 pm

The floating city of q-something (spelled with, like, letters and stuff) moves in a circuit. Last I checked (2 years ago or more) it had 4 locations including the Red Apartment, the Green Apartment, the Bright Alley, and (null). The shifting shadows seem to happen less than they used to, but that may just be because I rarely chase it down these days.

Shifting is fun, if I were given the option IRL I would take it in a heartbeat, but I like having a form-specific ending when I'm gaming. It's pretty easy to track down and collect enough vials for most of the forms I might want.

Anyway that's tangential, the point is when the shadows shift, it signifies the city entrance has moved, either to one of the 3 locations or to a third spot that players can't access. Presumably it's over some lowland area that offers nothing to climb up.
boring7

Postby Shoggoth on the Roof » Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:43 pm

Yeah, I've gotten the Shift power before and I agree, getting locked out of ending content is kind of dull. Though it does make some quests absurdly easy to accomplish (like Omia's one where you need the Unicorn infection or the Slutrat quest).

So getting the "shadows shift" message just signals that the floating city of HowDoesAnyonePronounceThat has moved?
A big monster like that on such a pointed roof... You may ask 'how does it stay up there, if it's so difficult?'

That, I can tell you in one word: tentacles!
Shoggoth on the Roof

Postby TigerStripes » Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:00 am

Yes, that message is for Qy'tat moving around. It used to happen every single turn the stairs moved once you learned about the place, but since they move every turn for the rest of the game, I put a limiter to only display the message something like 3 or 4 times before stopping.
TigerStripes

Return to General Chat