Suggestions Wanted

Re: Suggestions Wanted

Postby Changeling » Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:34 pm

So I read that undead things don't fit the setting so what if there was some bait and switch monsters. for example an anthro leach could act like a zombie, and a vampire bat kinda speaks for itself and cause they are still alive they still work with the setting.
Changeling

Postby Samsquatch » Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:28 am

Sort of a general suggestion, but it'd be nice if more of the scenes in the game could be converted to a format with a 0 option. Many prompts in the game currently are yes/no, or 1-3 ect. Options labeled with 0 are automatically selected when the player presses enter. This improves the flow of the game for repetitive content. Ideally, i'd like to see a 0 option for pretty much all encounters. This is especially true for options where there's only 1-whatever options or where writers have created a specific menu for an NPC. This is mostly a quality of life kinda issue.
Samsquatch

Postby Changeling » Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:52 pm

Are there any plans to have the infections interact, like how you become a centaur in CoC?
Changeling

Postby TigerStripes » Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:02 am

Changeling wrote:Are there any plans to have the infections interact, like how you become a centaur in CoC?

I'm not sure what you mean. It's been quite a while since I've had the time to check out CoC. There are a few creatures/NPCs who have different scenes when the player has a specific infection, but those are rare. Not sure if that's what you have in mind though.
TigerStripes

Postby Shoggoth on the Roof » Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:35 pm

Changling is asking about having it where in order to achieve one specific infection type, you already have to have a different infection. In CoC, you can't get a centaur body unless you drink an Equinum potion (which causes horse themed transformations) while you have Minotaur legs. Doing so will give you a Centaur lower body, if you have any other leg type, you'll get bipedal horse legs instead.

I believe that the closest to such things that exist in Flexible Survival is getting the Skunk Lord infection, which permanently alters the Skunk and Double-Skunk infections.
A big monster like that on such a pointed roof... You may ask 'how does it stay up there, if it's so difficult?'

That, I can tell you in one word: tentacles!
Shoggoth on the Roof

Postby TigerStripes » Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:28 am

Shoggoth on the Roof wrote:<infection combos>

Infections and creatures are intimately connected and I don't think you can get a unique infection from any creature combination out there. Some creatures (e.g.: the Satyr and Greek Nymph pairing) will cross-contaminate, but that's about it. The Skunkbeast Lord change is essentially another example of cross-contamination that only occurs once the special conditions are met. That said, the Skunkbeast Form + Double Skunk is the same infection but with a different appearance and some special content. Beyond that, unique infections are possible from a few scattered sources (e.g: Nermine's quests and François's cheesecake), but I don't think there's anything conditional on a player's infection.
TigerStripes

Postby Changeling » Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:13 am

First of all thank you shogoth for clarifying the example i gave.

So to expand on the idea of infection combos I used the centaur from CoC as an example because it's not something that just happens, the player needs to set it up. So to use an an example of the kind of thing im talking about from Flexible Survival if the player has the full knight infection then dose the hellhound quest rather than the normal hellhound form the player gets a special infection. or perhaps Christy's infection can do something to players that have the full Wyvern infection. then again these are just ideas that im sharing.

(short version. infection combos if they happen should be something like infection+NPC infection.)
Changeling

Postby Shoggoth on the Roof » Tue May 05, 2015 10:00 pm

This is kind of obscure, but am I the only one who thinks that the Junkman enemy should quote random TV lingo?

Or have I just been watching too much Transformers?
A big monster like that on such a pointed roof... You may ask 'how does it stay up there, if it's so difficult?'

Shoggoth on the Roof

Postby TigerStripes » Wed May 06, 2015 3:34 am

Shoggoth on the Roof wrote:This is kind of obscure, but am I the only one who thinks that the Junkman enemy should quote random TV lingo?

Or have I just been watching too much Transformers?

You're only watching too much Transformers if you're watching the recent movies. As for the random TV lingo, I never thought of that. I'm not sure if it quite fits them on the whole, but I'll have to keep it in mind if a special one is ever needed for something.

I am Wreck-Gar; I dare to be stupid!
TigerStripes

Postby Shoggoth on the Roof » Wed May 06, 2015 4:04 am

TigerStripes wrote:You're only watching too much Transformers if you're watching the recent movies.

Ugh, Primus no.

Shoggoth on the Roof

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat