Suggestions Wanted

Re: Suggestions Wanted

Postby gappydave » Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:25 pm

As you can have all your pet attack as once wuldn't it make sense to have a feat which allows them all to gain some experience as well.
Obviously the nonactive pets wouldn't neccessarily be getting as much xp as an active one but without such a perk the other pets aren't as usefull as they could be.
And also could you have so as you encounter enemies in an area you could have a huntinglist develop as your character learns what enemies are out there so that you don't have to keep typing what you want to fight.
Finally would it be possible to give the inventory a second column so that it will fit better on a screen when it's got a large number of items in it.
gappydave

Postby Blue Bishop » Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:19 pm

gappydave wrote:As you can have all your pet attack as once wuldn't it make sense to have a feat which allows them all to gain some experience as well.
Obviously the nonactive pets wouldn't neccessarily be getting as much xp as an active one but without such a perk the other pets aren't as usefull as they could be.
And also could you have so as you encounter enemies in an area you could have a huntinglist develop as your character learns what enemies are out there so that you don't have to keep typing what you want to fight.
Finally would it be possible to give the inventory a second column so that it will fit better on a screen when it's got a large number of items in it.

I don't see why the game shouldn't provide all pets in your list with a percentage of experience, especially if with a feat. Another method would be to have all pets call from a single level pool, and the prose could reframe it as a "Command Level".

That's no guarantee you'll see it, though. I don't know the technical hurdles required for such a feat (I'd have to dig through the pet levelling routines to figure out how they tick, since I'm not intimately familiar with them), so there's no telling how viable either option is.

I do agree that there could be a more conducive approach to pet levelling though, as well as a way to better telegraph a pet's stats. I'll possibly look into it when my current major project is attended to.
Blue Bishop

Postby gappydave » Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:43 pm

Please could you come up with an ending for the crab as it's a shame that it just dissapears at the end leaving you with no idea what happened to it.
gappydave

Postby OmegaZen0 » Sat Mar 01, 2014 3:32 am

I was wondering if it could be possible for the orc's lair and the 'submit to orc raiders' be added up to the 'Saveword'? It'd be all I'll ask of this... as I quite like the area and hate having to go through the tediousness of repetively going through all that again just to unlock the area so I can enjoy some of my favorite content.

I'm a nice guy... really. I'm just a weirdo, to be honest.
OmegaZen0

Postby Wahn » Sat Mar 01, 2014 3:36 am

OmegaZen0 wrote:I was wondering if it could be possible for the orc's lair and the 'submit to orc raiders' be added up to the 'Saveword'? It'd be all I'll ask of this... as I quite like the area and hate having to go through the tediousness of repetively going through all that again just to unlock the area so I can enjoy some of my favorite content.

Err, yes sure - just haven't gotten around to doing that yet. I can add the orcs to the saveword when I have some time in between other things.
Wahn

Postby OmegaZen0 » Sat Mar 01, 2014 3:47 am

Wahn wrote:
OmegaZen0 wrote:I was wondering if it could be possible for the orc's lair and the 'submit to orc raiders' be added up to the 'Saveword'? It'd be all I'll ask of this... as I quite like the area and hate having to go through the tediousness of repetively going through all that again just to unlock the area so I can enjoy some of my favorite content.

Err, yes sure - just haven't gotten around to doing that yet. I can add the orcs to the saveword when I have some time in between other things.

Alrighty, not a problem. I know some things are quite abit of a chore to sort through and sift through to make it 'saveable'. But it was just one of those things that I wanted to, you know, have that I could revisit as my character between newer 'updates' and 'revisions' in the game since I usually play the offline/downloaded version myself.

I'm a nice guy... really. I'm just a weirdo, to be honest.
OmegaZen0

Postby Traveler121 » Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:43 am

What About A Bimbo Infection?????
Traveler121

Postby Songbird » Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:26 pm

Heya.

I'm popping in to make a general suggestion about scenes where the player is defeated by an enemy

At least via the installer version, a scroll event after a monster defeat scene will cause the screen to clear, even if screen clearing is set to off. Please prevent a scroll event from firing the next block of text, or at the very least prevent screen clearing from occurring. This mechanic has caused much frustration in the past.

Thank you kindly.
Last edited by Songbird on Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Songbird

Postby userpay » Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:15 am

Just a thought regarding graphics/images. It might be a good idea to add additional flags to the pictures such that at the beginning when you're choosing whether or not to have Graphics on it opens into another window that lets you choose what sort of images you want to show. What I mean by this is giving the options of 'show all images, 2D only, 3D only, or none'. Only reason I'm suggesting this is I know some people may have a preference for what sort of image styles they wish to see and it might be a good idea to get something like this out of the way now before to many more images are added.

@Wahn: On an unrelated note I'm hoping to get to that Preferences Questionnaire eventually. I only play/come on the forums every once in awhile and its been a very long time since I've actually sat down and played through a large portion of the game. Don't help that I keep seeing things in the pipeline that I want to wait for either :lol: . Maybe during spring break...
userpay

Postby Shoggoth on the Roof » Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:42 pm

There seem to be relatively few female morphs with tail attacks, so I was wondering if maybe it could be added to the Fire Elemental. I know the infection doesn't actually have a tail, but really neither does the Mammoth infection and it would be a relatively effective means of giving the player the equivalent of her fire attacks.
A big monster like that on such a pointed roof... You may ask 'how does it stay up there, if it's so difficult?'

That, I can tell you in one word: tentacles!
Shoggoth on the Roof

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat