Suggestions Wanted

Re: Suggestions Wanted

Postby hotshot127652 » Sun Mar 29, 2015 5:43 pm

Have you thought about allowing PC to Core Vore if they have a big enough cock?
hotshot127652

Postby TigerStripes » Sun Mar 29, 2015 7:32 pm

hotshot127652 wrote:Have you thought about allowing PC to Core Vore if they have a big enough cock?

I'm assuming you mean 'cock vore' and yes, I've thought about it and have left things open for the possibility, but no one has commissioned that update yet.
TigerStripes

Postby TigerStripes » Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:32 am

Samsquatch wrote:<Nanites and Magic>

Nuku's got some guides buried somewhere in the wiki about the nanites and about magic in the FS universe, but I'd lost track of them a while ago. Thankfully they turned up in the 'Theme' category list. There are other useful resources there as well, but keep in mind that some of that stuff is beyond the immediate scope of the early period of the single-player game. The material in this response below was quickly checked by Nuku and he saw no immediate flaws.
http://wiki.flexiblesurvival.com/w/Nanite_Limits
http://wiki.flexiblesurvival.com/w/Magic_Limits
http://wiki.flexiblesurvival.com/w/Category:Theme

Magic and Nanites:
A lot of the magic stuff you see in the current game is hand-waved as 'ooOOooOO! Maaaahgic.' as long as it doesn't exceed certain parameters. The core restrictions to magic in the rules deal with planar travel and the beings from other planes. The stronger magical infections (particularly the special quest ones) are magical transformations and not nanite-driven. Some of them might result in the confused nanites helping it along, but they aren't being done directly by the nanites or via instructions from the main control computer. This is why they tend to be permanent - the magic keeps reverting the player back. The stronger the magic, the more they are changed by it and will revert back.

Many of the magical/divine/infernal creatures you see around fall into one of three categories:
1> Actual mystical being from another higher plane: These generally fall into two sub-categories. The first are those forcibly drawn to Earth (almost always from very nearby planes) during the reality shifting chaos surrounding the P-day event. The other group are those who took notice of said event and have come to investigate. In most cases, the latter are not actually here physically and are instead visiting spiritually or by possessing some avatar/host body, as either method makes it far easier for them to visit and return to their own plane. This is especially true for those from far higher planes, for whom traveling back and forth corporeally would be nigh impossible.
It is worth noting that the nanites can have some effect on certain mystical beings as well, though usually nowhere near as profoundly as they do on humans. For most (especially the higher planar ones), this is due to the effect of the nanites on the host body they are using rather than directly on themselves. These bodies are still essentially human, if greatly magically empowered and transformed. Inhabiting a body does leave you open to be affected by the things that can affect it though. Most mystical beings doing this sort of visitation are able to suppress or magically block many of the human 'limitations' of their host body. But they are more used to suppressing the flaws of lower beings like 'hunger' or 'needing to poop' rather than 'rampant arousal' or 'excessive semen production', so such things might affect them to some degree by affecting their local body's hormones.

2> Those infected by contact w/mystical being (or object): Some of the mystical creatures the player encounters (demons and the like) were originally infected humans who have been corrupted by contact (directly or indirectly) with a mystical source. For example, very few succubi and incubi actually arrived in the city (and most have already left), but those they corrupted gained a succubi/incubi-like infection that may have some magical element to it. They've then been spreading this infection to others and are most often those directly encountered by the player.

3> Those with nanite infections based on mystical ideas: Several of the infections for mythological, mystical and/or magical creatures are actually normal nanite infections resulting from cases where the nanites followed protocols based on or influence by these myths or ideas. Orthas and Christy are prime examples of this. By all accounts, neither of them encountered a dragon or other mystical being/object. Christy's case seems linked to her love of hot sauce and Orthas has no clear trigger at all.

Angels and Demons:
With the sudden and near-instantaneous death of multi-millions, the realms of angels and demons easily noticed this overwhelming influx of souls. Both parties have sent some of their kind to investigate, with intent for good or ill, as suits their nature. And when both sides to bump into each other, they do battle.

Nightmare:
A mystically-induced infection. The tale of the Stables is set to become one of a cyclical curse, with its Stablemaster falling into corruption, fated to eventually be deposed by another Nightmare. That new Stablemaster will then sink in decadence and corruption until eventually suffering the same fate.

Golden fleece thingy:

Are you referring to the lion's mane you collect as part of the Hospital Quest from Nermine for Dr. Mouse? That's the pelt of the invulnerable Nemean lion (slain and worn by Hercules as one of his 12 labours) in the ancient myth. Both were almost certainly mystical beings of some kind and the events may or may not have taken place on Earth (or some other near-Earthly plane). Dr. Mouse uses nanites to pass along some of the lion's traits to himself as part of his super-infection cocktail. A good chunk of his massive hp boost is actually significantly increased damage resistance.

Solstice:
The artifact was the mystical totem of an unfriendly higher-planar being. Assembling it brought her to the notice of this being and opened a means for it to gain entry to Earth once again. She almost became the unwilling vessel for this mystical entity (see category 1). Interrupting this procedure prevented her from being taken over, though her body has been left partially transformed from the attempt. This puts her as a category 2 mystical entity.

Qytat a'th Lundrues:
As I've been working on the material lately, the hermaphrodite gryphons and Qytat a'th Lundrues itself are another big case of this. They got added into the game by another dev without any knowledge of the magic rules or the nature/origin of the nanites for the universe. This was back in 2011 and the rules either hadn't been codified or weren't known to him - he just thought it was a cool idea and he came up with his own ideas for what was going on with the nanites and their origins. This is why both this location and the 'shifting' ability seem out of place from the regular material of the game. Nuku and I discussed the place a few years ago when I read through the above documents. This is roughly what we came up with to explain it.
- Qytat a'th Lundrues (or Qytat, for short) is a mystical floating island that drifts through the lower planes. It is essentially a tiny fragment of a plane in and of itself. It has occasionally passed into the Earthly realm, though rarely and not for some time. It is in part responsible for the myths of flying cities, floating islands and the like.
- The original blue gryphon people were its residents, drifting from realm to realm and plane to plane with their home. They are naturally hermaphrodites. These gryphons aren't particularly magical in and of themselves, but the elders knew how to harness some of its power to help direct the floating city and have it provide for their people. Depending on where their city goes, they may interact or merely observe the locals. Overall, they're fairly easy going and relaxed. They are long-lived (a few hundred years, tops) and normally breed slowly. It is possible that there is some 'human' in their genetic origins or heritage, but the details are long lost to time.
- When the P-day event struck, the shockwave across reality from the resulting mass-death and subsequent upheaval of local reality struck the floating island, disrupting it. Being near the earthly plane, it came 'crashing down' levels of reality until it essentially ran aground just at the edge of 'normal space'.
- Qytat is invisible to outside view because of the semi-magical stone making it up and the fact that it's still just slightly out of our universe. It is damaged irreparably and losing mystical energy. It will slowly lose altitude as it runs down and will eventually sink fully into our reality as it loses all power (~2-5 years). It's fated to end up lodged in the nearby mountains as ruins with a colony of gryphons living in it. The fact that Qytat was ever a floating island city will fade and drift into myth even for the colony living in its ruins.
- This brings us back to the gryphons. Being not quite human, they did not get transformed by the nanites, but they've still suffered some effects - mainly the rampant libido and urge to breed, as well as steady nanite-addling of their brains. The population's since gone out into the city to infect humans and breed. Most hermaphrodite gryphons encountered by the player are those infected humans and not original gryphons. Many of the original ones have since been killed by the more powerful mutants.
- Garrett is an original gryphon citizen of Qytat. It is very rare for these gryphons to be solely male or female, but he is one such case. It made him a bit less popular and is kind of why he got stuck with the job of milk delivery. He's always felt just a little apart from the others, which is a part of why he'd like some more male gryphons around.
- Finding themselves trapped and their citizens succumbing to a mind-addling breeding lust, the elders of the gryphons tried their best to figure out what was going on and how to counteract these effects. Their semi-mystical probing of the nanites was only somewhat successful before they too lost focus and went out after mates or were taken as mates by the others. The 'shifting' ability the player can gain in Qytat is the extent of how far their probing into the problem reached by that point.
TigerStripes

Postby Samsquatch » Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:52 pm

Awesome. I didn't know those pages existed, but those definitely clarify some things as far as nanites go. Having the difference between magic and nanites clarified is huge. I'm actually quite pleased to learn that there's a solid system involved and that the two are separate things rather than being hand-waved. I feel like I have a much better understanding of how things work in this universe. Having that clarified also has helped me better understand a lot of things that happen in game. Thanks!
Samsquatch

Postby Changeling » Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:09 pm

How about a convention center/fan convention as a location. It would make for a good spot to put anything that's a reference like Digimon, Pokemon,and any thing else that I forgot to mention.
Changeling

Postby TigerStripes » Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:02 pm

Changeling wrote:How about a convention center/fan convention as a location. It would make for a good spot to put anything that's a reference like Digimon, Pokemon,and any thing else that I forgot to mention.

We can't really use copyrighted stuff like Pokemon, Digimon, etc.
TigerStripes

Postby Changeling » Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:20 pm

Understandable.
Changeling

Postby Shoggoth on the Roof » Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:46 pm

Given the presence of the Anime Babe and Hentai Freak, the College seems to be the obvious choice for adding any more otaku related stuff.
A big monster like that on such a pointed roof... You may ask 'how does it stay up there, if it's so difficult?'

That, I can tell you in one word: tentacles!
Shoggoth on the Roof

Postby OmegaZen0 » Sun Apr 05, 2015 3:21 am

I was wondering if it might be possible if more bara-like content might be considered to be added? I'd love to see more 'hairy-esque' and/or 'manly' males added... or even a possible pet added in the foreseeable future. That... and I'm just kind of obsessed with bara-like content as it is.

I was thinking maybe a new Bear or a M/M Bear couple that could be recruited to the library... or even something like a kind of feral-type bear pet that is into males.

I am just curious, is all. I'm just kind of in the mood for something that's kind of snuggly and cuddly that tends to be obsessed with cuddling and snuggling as well as 'getting busy with it' with other males.

---

Oh, one more thing... is I managed to get Hadiya in the bunker and I completed the stuff involving Gobby but somehow he isn't 'saved' in the bunker yet when I have 'sexual' interactions with Hadiya... he's included in the scenario even though he isn't physically around. I even tried to see if I could find him in the Junkyard or anything... and no dice. So is it possible this might get fixed and/or tweaked, as well.

I'm a nice guy... really. I'm just a weirdo, to be honest.
OmegaZen0

Postby TigerStripes » Sun Apr 05, 2015 4:38 am

OmegaZen0 wrote:<bara-like content>

I don't have anything like that currently in my to-do list, sorry. I don't really have much in the way of males in my queue at present. I'm not quite sure what Wahn's got coming in his at this point.

OmegaZen0 wrote:<Hadiya and Gobby>

Thanks for pointing that out. I missed moving him to the library when restoring him. I've found the issue and will send a patch. Nuku's away this week-end, so the fix won't appear for a few days.
TigerStripes

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat