Suggestions Wanted

Re: Suggestions Wanted

Postby TigerStripes » Tue May 13, 2014 2:53 pm

I think putting these together sounds like a viable solution.

- Upon starting the quest/completing the first task, you're given the first ankh/totem.
- Each task completed empowers the item further and further.
- Nermine won't give the next task until the ankh/totem's been worn/rubbed after each empowerment.
- It can be activated by rubbing it to apply the jackalboy/jackalman infection areas appropriate to its power level.
- It can also be worn as equipment (necklace). Putting it on will have the same effect as rubbing it (occurring right away), but it will also repeat the infection restoration at the end of every turn.
- If you want to sex up Nermine w/o being at your full jackalman/boy state, you need to rub it (running that same subroutine) before getting in the sack with her - either she won't accept anything less or (if dominant Jackalman) you want to be in your full form to dominate her.
- Her dialog will need to be tweaked to accommadate the possibility of the player not being in the expected form for any given level of quest completion.
- Suggestion: Should you succumb in jackalman/jackalboy form, you become permanently possessed by that form and no longer need to rub/wear the item to maintain the form any longer, allowing the item to return to Nermine's store collection (for the next time she wants to use it on someone) and the rest of the ending content is as written.
- Suggestion: Surviving has you start wearing the item more and more (if not worn) until you no longer even think of taking it off. The rest of the ending content remains as written.
- The Nightmare content for the Stables would need to be altered in how it affects an existing jackalman/jackalboy infection. It would either need a similar retooling or would result in the destruction (removal) of the item. This revision would be necessary as part of this change.
- The Hellhound content will also need to be altered in how it affects an existing jackalman/jackalboy infection. A similar retooling for it would not be appropriate in its case and it should block/destroy/remove the others as appropriate.
- Doing it this way does mean that eventually the Wereraptor and Hyperskunk content would need a revision to better reflect these changes. These revisions aren't critical to the above changes, but should still be done fairly soon after the change.

Does that sound like it'll work? Any other thoughts on this idea?
TigerStripes

Postby Savriss » Tue May 13, 2014 4:22 pm

I think that the permanent infections have caused a lot of headaches already and that this an effective answer. I don't think the items need be mentioned at all, in any of the endings. If you're of the appropriate strain when a game over strikes, I think it's fairly clear that you've fully accepted/devolved into that form and the item is no longer necessary.

I'd like to see the Nightmare content become likewise easily retaken but not permanent. How, though, is a matter open to interpretation.

Further, I'd like to suggest that the ankh be nicked and time-worn to start with, becoming more refined and restored with each update.
Pygmalion, craft me my own Galatea!
Savriss

Postby Pazz » Tue May 13, 2014 4:40 pm

I play flexible survival because it's a rpg where I can take the route I like. Which is mostly submissive.
I do not like transformation on my own character, but I don't mind transformations on anyone else.

There is a lot of furry in this game, but there is also other content. And it's not that I dislike furry, but I prefer non-furry more.
The reason I said this, was because the dominant NPC's were all hyena's. My suggestion was therefore to give other races a chance at this as well.

I was a bit frustrated in one of my posts. But I did not lie about that this game is awesome, and that I want to donate when there's one more scene like I suggested earlier. About dominant NPC's. I hope I did not discourage anyone in this community. That wasn't my intention. My health is also a factor in this, but I hope were cool now. :)
And I never force anyone to make anything. My suggestions are just suggestions.

I know that there are lore reasons for some race requirements. But as you've said, a temporary transformation would be fine. I can atleast see the content, without having to save edit myself back to what I was.

I didn't knew about Coleen. Will try that one out. Thanks.
Will also try to find Hadiya and Wolfman Lair again.

EDIT: I've tried out making Coleen alpha. She turned into a husky because I had Sarah in training. When Coleen asks if she wanted to be my pet, I said no, but she turned submissive anyway. I couldn't do anything about this it seemed.

I found the Wolfman Lair and looked at joining the cheerleaders. I was hoping to have encounters with hulking cheerleaders. Or are those not the same?
When a hulking cheerleader defeats the player who is a male, she makes a comment and leaves. What about she is interested for once this time?
Pazz

Postby Wahn » Tue May 13, 2014 8:58 pm

Pazz wrote:I found the Wolfman Lair and looked at joining the cheerleaders. I was hoping to have encounters with hulking cheerleaders. Or are those not the same?
When a hulking cheerleader defeats the player who is a male, she makes a comment and leaves. What about she is interested for once this time?

Nope, the wolfman cheerleaders are pretty young women who cheerlead naked, while the hulking cheerleaders are tall, muscled and transgendered, playing a "who can knock up the most women" game on the campus.
Wahn

Postby gappydave » Sat May 17, 2014 10:11 am

Could you add where stella is to the saveword as I prefer her in the police station and every game she moves to the bunker.
gappydave

Postby Shoggoth on the Roof » Sat May 17, 2014 11:47 pm

Hey, I was thinking of a new cheat.

Even with Magpie Eyes, hunting loot drops for Dr Matt, Dr Mouse, Sam, and Tanuki can be really annoying. So I was thinking about a cheat: Mugger. When enabled, enemies have a 100% drop rate on loot. You know, for those of use who don't want to waste a huge amount of time both in game and in real time hunting for the stuff.
A big monster like that on such a pointed roof... You may ask 'how does it stay up there, if it's so difficult?'

That, I can tell you in one word: tentacles!
Shoggoth on the Roof

Postby TigerStripes » Sun May 18, 2014 4:31 am

Shoggoth on the Roof wrote:Hey, I was thinking of a new cheat.

Even with Magpie Eyes, hunting loot drops for Dr Matt, Dr Mouse, Sam, and Tanuki can be really annoying. So I was thinking about a cheat: Mugger. When enabled, enemies have a 100% drop rate on loot. You know, for those of use who don't want to waste a huge amount of time both in game and in real time hunting for the stuff.

Hmmm... 100% would be too powerful, especially for some of the super-rare / powerful drops, like the healing items from a lot of the Hospital critters, but having another feat provide a sizable increase in the odds would be plausible. As an aside, raising your perception does provide a minor increase to drop chances as well. It's been a balancing act for me of not wanting to spam a player's inventory with junk vs being able to collect items they need. Making it a feat they have to pick does make the inventory consequences their own voluntary trade-off. Lemme see what I can do as a quick warm-up before I get to writing on requests this morning.
TigerStripes

Postby gappydave » Sun May 18, 2014 5:26 am

How about adding to the game that if a npc has asked for an item the drop rate for it is increased.
For example if Lillith suggests using a succubi item on Brutus it has a much higher chance of being dropped as I've been unable to get even one across all my games.
Also how about adding a neuter gender lock.
gappydave

Postby TigerStripes » Sun May 18, 2014 6:27 am

gappydave wrote:How about adding to the game that if a npc has asked for an item the drop rate for it is increased.
For example if Lillith suggests using a succubi item on Brutus it has a much higher chance of being dropped as I've been unable to get even one across all my games.
Also how about adding a neuter gender lock.

- Dropping increased when needed: That'd be insanely messy to set up and maintain, as the drop code would need to be adjusted each and every time. I've got the feat mostly coded now, though I'll add the option to turn in on and off with a command.
- Neuter gender lock: Hmmm... given how much content is driven by sex and how much of it assumes you must have a cock or a cunt if you don't have the other, I think that'd open up a lot more work than we're ready to deal with at this time. Also, I don't see that as being an option with much appeal. That said, I'll let the idea roll around in my head and see what I come up with as a related alternative that isn't as permanently restrictive.

EDIT: I've completed and sent this feat for Nuku to activate. I has a requirement of 15 Charisma and the Magpie Eyes feat. It'll provide a flat increase to drop item collection (after the Magpie Eyes calculation) based on your perception (+1/2% / perception, max +15%), making it a big help on those harder to get items.
TigerStripes

Postby Wahn » Sun May 18, 2014 6:37 am

gappydave wrote:For example if Lillith suggests using a succubi item on Brutus it has a much higher chance of being dropped as I've been unable to get even one across all my games.

The simple explanation for that is that it _isn't_ a drop item, so there is no chance at all that it could drop. She wants you do knock _her_ up, creating little devils and a useful supply of succubus breast milk.
Wahn

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat