Suggestions Wanted

Re: Suggestions Wanted

Postby Wahn » Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:50 pm

TigerStripes wrote:
*A feature for searching events. Like the hunter option (in cheats), but for events. Because it's really boring to explore outside, looking for something specific, only to get attacked every two times or interrupted with a different event.

Use 'hunt'. It can also search for events. The 'Unerring Hunter' cheat also applies to searching for events.

I think he might be meaning something like the "huntinglist", just for events. Opening up the event debug commands as cheat codes might help players find new content and stuff they never stumbled upon before...
Last edited by Wahn on Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wahn

Postby Wahn » Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:52 pm

TigerStripes wrote:
*More and or longer scenes for submissive players. For me specific, anything wit females or female-herms.

Are you referring to the submissive player being female or female-herm?

Judging from his preferences questionnaire, I'd say females and herms being dominant over a submissive male player.
Wahn

Postby Pazz » Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:58 am

Wahn is right. But these are just suggestions for me personally. It's not my game, you can do whatever you want. :)

About the short player loss scenes; I'm talking about the difference between the Dark Elf player loss scene and the Latex Mistress player loss scene. The Latex scene is four lines at max. Maybe people have forgotten about the Latex Mistress?

The modest organs still won't prevent your genitals to grow. Unless I'm missing something here.
I may sound negative, but I'm eager to see any updates about the game. :)
Pazz

Postby Blue Bishop » Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:40 am

Pazz wrote:Wahn is right. But these are just suggestions for me personally. It's not my game, you can do whatever you want. :)

About the short player loss scenes; I'm talking about the difference between the Dark Elf player loss scene and the Latex Mistress player loss scene. The Latex scene is four lines at max. Maybe people have forgotten about the Latex Mistress?

The modest organs still won't prevent your genitals to grow. Unless I'm missing something here.
I may sound negative, but I'm eager to see any updates about the game. :)

There's always issues of underwritten sex scenes in the game. We do try to get to each of them in turn -- though I can't attest to know how much of an issue the Latex Mistress is, personally.

In the case of Modest Organs, sometimes the game doesn't check to see if you have it before modifying the organ. Things like the infection subroutine--which is used across all infections--avoid this problem easily, but sometimes an encounter will make manual adjustments. If you can detail any instance where these modifications happen, it'd help us a lot.

An aside, but at some point I'll probably assess Modest Organs as a whole--specifically, making sure it adjusts what "Modest" is based on player scale. "Modest" at a SV of 3 may be too small for SV 5 and too big for SV 1, for example.
Blue Bishop

Postby TigerStripes » Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:32 pm

The Latex Mistress is an import of a creature from Multiplayer and was done as part of a batch of about a half-dozen humanoids all done in about a day or two. Some of the others from that batch got more work, but that's pretty much her scene from Multiplayer iirc. You're right that it's quite minimal. I'd forgotten quite how short it'd ended up. I'll need to look it over at some point when I have more time. The Dark Elf was added at the same time, but it was an amalgam of the male and female dark elves from Multi and those scenes were more detailed to start with, so it was easier to adapt them to their existing size.
TigerStripes

Postby AnOne » Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:22 pm

To repeat what was mentioned in comments a few days back: Since Kristen is mostly the bare-bones right now (without much content either in the Janice or vanilla paths), is she going to wind up like Coleen with content for both aspects? Or will she predominantly / entirely be Janice-path content?

Also, if not too much to ask, might there be a way to change some of the text in the Janice path? I ask mainly because the PC has no doubt seen by that point just how many ways the Infection spreads (especially if they've talked with Dr. Matt before), and Kristen is pretty cautious as well (mentioning the Furs in the closet), so them both being surprised (especially when Janice's first conversation with the PC is one where she talks about wanting to convert some "friends" like her, and her follow-up basically has her asking if she's convertably human) is a bit off. Changing the series of events is probably too much to code, but for a high-intelligence PC I would imagine they'd be at least slightly suspicious before Janice thanks you for the delivery (maybe low-intelligence or early-in-story PCs keep the dialogue as-is, and smarter / later-in-story ones briefly offer the possibility but Kristen assures them she trusts Janice).

It just feels odd for all PCs to go through the entire series of events and only go "wait, I think I messed up" after Janice practically cackles what they had planned out loud.
AnOne

Postby TigerStripes » Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:34 am

AnOne wrote:Kristen

While the commissioner and I would like to add more pre-TF content to Kristen, my main focus for now is working out her TF mechanics and its various outcomes. Given her overly cautious nature, she'd need some additional reassurance that she's not going to be transformed by sex with the player while still human. As for your concern over Janice's present dialog, I'll give it some review later, but there is also the need to telegraph what's happening to the player when they've never done this story arc.
TigerStripes

Postby AnOne » Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:48 pm

TigerStripes wrote:While the commissioner and I would like to add more pre-TF content to Kristen, my main focus for now is working out her TF mechanics and its various outcomes.
Perfectly acceptable, especially since the mechanics and outcome will likely need more work since they involve changes (versus non-TF Kristen, who would likely follow precedent of "Snu-snu, expanded dialogue options, and potentially simple quest-stuffs and / or easter eggs with things like the Strange Serpent").

TigerStripes wrote:Given her overly cautious nature, she'd need some additional reassurance that she's not going to be transformed by sex with the player while still human.
This is partially why I brought up the whole "Really? Nobody saw this coming?" in regard to the item. Even a simple "If she remembers this much about us then I trust her" when giving her the dress would go a long way to explain her sudden lapse in caution ("Janice is totally herself still! She would never purposefully infe- oh bother I do believe I have fox ears now").

TigerStripes wrote:As for your concern over Janice's present dialog, I'll give it some review later, but there is also the need to telegraph what's happening to the player when they've never done this story arc.
Oh, without question. It lets people know before they do the quest that it may / may not be a good idea (depending on their opinion about the TF) to give Kristen the gift. Though on that same note, actually, would it be possible to replace the "Talk" command giving the dress to Kristen with "Gift" or "Trade" or the like? I ask this mainly because if someone talks to Janice right now (and thus acquires her dress), they're caught in a trap wherein any talk interaction with Kristen will trigger the TF plot's advancing (well, sort-of: Any talking will trigger the TF plot's advancing, but I imagine the TF itself won't begin until you speak with Janice).
AnOne

Postby TheBean » Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:49 pm

Hello there! I have a couple ideas/suggestions.

First of all, I'd like to see even more content for Fang and the felinoid companion. I'll admit that there's already quite a few scenes for both of them, but they're also two of the only significant male ferals in the game (and I think they're cool characters). There are quite a few older NPCs and pets in the library that neither of them seem to have interactions with yet (like Sarah, Snow, Denise, Artemis, and Honey) who might be down for some fun with them. If I had to pick two... it would be really cool if we could finally see Fang follow his nose upstairs to visit Tehuantl and take advantage of her heat or watch the felinoid work his magic on a corrupted Alexandra (Apparently I enjoy mixing cats with dogs). Honorable mention goes to felinoid x Sandra, where she'd be conflicted over whether to stay loyal to Fang or ditch him for the felinoid (and its pheromones) and the player could help influence her decision.

Nextly, I really enjoy the "pet interaction with defeated enemies" feature. There are so many potential pairings and threesomes that could result from this awesome concept, including player loss situations where less obedient pets temporarily betray you and help the enemy show you a good time. I think this is a wonderful mechanic that should be expanded if possible. Oh, and it would be great if you were given the option to take Fang along with you as a temporary pet (dismissing him would return him to the library). If this ever happens, a Lover's Bench scene with him would be epic.

Lastly, I'd love to see more fleshed out female feral NPCs in the game. Off the top of my head, we have Artemis (who's not definitively female), Athanasia, Wendy, and maybe Helen (by the way, Helen is one of my favorite characters and she should get more scenes too). Artemis is the only one who sticks with you and none of them have any interactions with other NPCs to my knowledge. I think it would be refreshing and interesting to see a badass female feral NPC (like a she-wolf or a giant fox that you find and recruit) walk into the library and start seducing (or subtly dominating) all of your companions and doing crazy stuff like starting up threesomes with the Felinoid and a "Male" Artemis or hopping under a herm player while they're on the receiving end of a session with Fang. Am I crazy for thinking that'd be cool? I'd definitely be down for more male ferals too, but I think we need at least one new feral female first (preferably a canine).

Oh, Lastly Lastly. Will we see any more of Karen in the near future? I think she's a fantastic character and I'm pumped to see who she might choose to help her control her urges when she's back at the library (fingers crossed for Fang and/or the felinoid)!

This game is a masterpiece and I'm so grateful that you guys are constantly expanding it and asking the fans what they'd like to see in it. Thank you!
TheBean

Postby Wahn » Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:41 am

TheBean wrote:Female feral NPCs / Helen / Wendy

Oh, Helen has some scenes with others - namely the felinoid and Fang (with some rivalry between those two in it), plus you can take Helen and Ares to the park together now (an option in Helen's sex menu) and I just added that Carl the husky asks the player if he can have some fun with her. I know it's not quite the more dominant feral you want, but she does have some scenes.

As for Wendy, thanks for reminding me of her. Another farm npc that will need some attention at some point - I was planning to let her give birth to a hippogriff eventually. Might make another good quest for Anthony to give the player... they might need to get Dr. Medea to help with some complications or do a checkup.
Wahn

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat