mechanics/gameplay questions

Re: mechanics/gameplay questions

Postby Shoggoth on the Roof » Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:03 pm

You can always get more time in the game by going to the Park and Tricking Diego. Getting an intelligence check of 13-17 gives you 18 hours, while getting an 18+ will give you 2 days and 6 hours. This can be done every 18 hours. Though failure causes you to lose 20 sanity.
A big monster like that on such a pointed roof... You may ask 'how does it stay up there, if it's so difficult?'

That, I can tell you in one word: tentacles!
Shoggoth on the Roof

Postby dark » Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:08 pm

Hi.

This isn't exactly a mechanics question, but I thought I'd ask anyway.
Which version of the Flexible survival single player game is most current?
is it the browser one, the one in the installer or the raw story file, or are they all equally updated at the same time.

I only ask because I was trying the browser version out and the version seems different to that I played in the installer with the copy of Windows git.
dark

Postby Shoggoth on the Roof » Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:23 pm

The Installer version of the game is always the most current. The online version tends to lag a bit behind in updates.
A big monster like that on such a pointed roof... You may ask 'how does it stay up there, if it's so difficult?'

That, I can tell you in one word: tentacles!
Shoggoth on the Roof

Postby dark » Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:12 am

thx.
The installer version is probably easier to play anyway, the browser version has the advantage of having hyperlinks, that are easier to navigatebut once the text buffer gets full it can be a bit whacky with a screen reader.
dark

Postby Wahn » Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:38 am

dark wrote:thx.
The installer version is probably easier to play anyway, the browser version has the advantage of having hyperlinks, that are easier to navigatebut once the text buffer gets full it can be a bit whacky with a screen reader.

Hm? The offline version also has hyperlinks?
Wahn

Postby dark » Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:34 pm

Hi.

yeah I know all versions of Flexible survival have hyperlinks, but there are advantages when a screen reader is viewing a webpage in terms of navigation keys, for example you can just hit e for edit area to go to the bottom and type in your commands when shift tabbing through links, or use various other commands for jumping around headings and such that you can't use on a flat interpreter.

Still I think while all the versions are now possible to use (for some odd reason the winglulks version of the isntaller wasn't friendly, which is strange since Winglulks itself is usually fine), the installer is probably the one I personally prefer, although other people's preferences might vary.
dark

Postby dark » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:39 am

Well I decided to finish the current game and update. I was very happy with all my progress, though a bit confused as to why there wasn't something in the ending montage for vanessa Meredith and Gwen, or for that matter Karl Sarah and Amy, ---- yeah, getting people together is sort of fun :D.

I did however really like the ending with honey and the queen bee infection, that was actually rather sweet in all senses :D.

What I meant to say however is thanks for the view status command, that is really helpful and I'll update the appropriate page on audiogames.net accordingly.
dark

Previous

Return to General Chat