Combat System Flaws

Combat System Flaws

Postby OmegaRook » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:37 pm

I'm just wondering if I am the only one who has a problem with the combat system as it stands now. To me, it seems to be too bloody and violent for a game of this nature. As an example, let's say that you are fighting a Female Husky. You are using your pocketknife as a weapon. You whittle her down to just a couple hit points and the description says that she is at death's door. You deliver the final blow, and then proceed to have your way sexually with a character who is nearly dead, obviously hacked up and bleed profusely from the knife wounds you inflicted on her. And, then, after you porked the poor things brains out, you slap her on her ass and she leaves, apparently now none the worse for wear. This game uses the MUD style combat system as is, which was influenced many, many years ago by D&D. There has to be a better way to accomplish what we want to do in a less hack-n-slashy, MUD style way. This game uses the MUD style combat system as is, which was influenced many, many years ago by D&D.

Thoughts about this? Or does this not bother anyone else?
OmegaRook

Re: Combat System Flaws

Postby Wahn » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:03 am

The wording should be adjusted a bit, admittedly - and you do not actually kill your enemy but just tire them out in FS. The nanites in the opponent's body make them heal any sort of wound in seconds. In the end of a fight, both sides are fully healed up, and the winner is the one who isn't exhausted enough to keel over and submit.
Wahn

Re: Combat System Flaws

Postby Shoggoth on the Roof » Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:49 pm

I think it's Doctor Matt who explains that the nanites make those infected immune to all but the most determined efforts to kill them via physical trauma.
A big monster like that on such a pointed roof... You may ask 'how does it stay up there, if it's so difficult?'

That, I can tell you in one word: tentacles!
Shoggoth on the Roof

Return to General Chat