Typos and Bugs

Re: Typos and Bugs

Postby TigerStripes » Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:54 pm

Dr Lykos wrote:Bug 1: Use Estrogen pill without a penis.

Issue found. Patch to be sent.

Bug 2: Attempt to begin Zephyr Quest 1? in Main Quest chain (place detectors at various locations)

Insufficient information to track down the issue. The quest has been tested and functional for a long time, so I'm uncertain where such an error might occur unless it's due to the newest build of Inform. I'll try looking into it to see if the same occurs to me. At what point in the quest does this occur? Just as you talk to Dr. Matt or to Larissa, while trying to perform one of the events, during one of the Easter egg solutions? At what point in that step does it occur? Is it immediately or does some or all of the scene play out first?
TigerStripes

Postby Dr Lykos » Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:45 pm

You go up to Larissa at the counter and inform her that you’re here on Dr. Matt’s behalf to exchange information. She glances up from the electronic game she’s playing to pass the time. “Oh, hey. Head Office said someone would be coming by for that.” She sets her game aside and glances up at you between flipping through the documents. “If you’re going around the city looking for work, we’ve got a bit of something for you to do. HQ says it needs to be done ASAP, but we don’t have the manpower. If you could take care of that, I’ll make sure these get a rush on top of paying you for the job. Sound good?”
Understanding that Dr. Matt needs this information and that you’d best get on Zephyr’s good side to get it, you nod ask her what needs to be done. “Excellent! We can’t really go hiring you on right now, but even working for us freelance will really help you in the long run. Zephyr’s moving up in the world and you really want to be part of the team, trust me,” she says with a knowing smile.
“Now, what we need you to do is place a few of these nanite density monitors at a few key locations in the city. They’ll help us detect the prop-” she stops herself short. “Well, a temp doesn’t need to know the details. They measure some stuff about the nanites. Perfectly safe,” she adds reassuringly. “We’ve set a few up already nearby, but HQ wants them placed at four other key locations across the city: The downtown high rise district, the city park, the beachfront area and the seedy red light district. They should be placed in open, elevated locations where they won’t be disturbed. Once you get to an area, try hunting around for a ‘detector site’ to find an appropriate place to set it up.”
She heaves a small suitcase onto the counter and pops it open. She takes a moment to demonstrate how to activate them, then closes it up and slides the case to you. “They come equipped with a GPS transponder, so we’ll be able to know if they’ve been properly installed or not, so don’t get any funny ideas about just dumping them somewhere or sticking them in a few alleys. They’ve got to be outside in the open and somewhere high up.” Grabbing the heavy case, you sigh and head off, hoping this job will be as easy as she claims, but knowing it won’t be somehow.
*** Value handling failed: impossible allocation ***

*** Run-time problem P49: Memory allocation proved impossible.

Currently running Splatterlight v0.5.0. This particular attempt was at lvl 28, somewhere around 50-75 days in. What other information would be useful?
Dr Lykos

Postby Wahn » Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:22 am

I`ve enountered the memory problem too, in the course of going through a wyvern bound state. Seems doubtful that it has something to do with those specific spots, since I couldn`t repeat the bug either.
Wahn

Postby sunrunnr » Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:23 am

Not sure if anyone has posted about this already. I select to become the Football Wolfman team's manager and I don't get any scene triggered at all. It acts as if I've just entered the area or something, nothing out of place or missing. Absolutely no scenes. I tested out the cheerleader option and it worked perfectly. Is the manager scene bugged or removed on purpose?
sunrunnr

Postby Wahn » Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:55 am

sunrunnr wrote:Not sure if anyone has posted about this already. I select to become the Football Wolfman team's manager and I don't get any scene triggered at all. It acts as if I've just entered the area or something, nothing out of place or missing. Absolutely no scenes. I tested out the cheerleader option and it worked perfectly. Is the manager scene bugged or removed on purpose?

Oh, maybe I broke something when adding the cheerleader option - let me check...
Wahn

Postby Wahn » Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:11 am

Hm, I just let my char join the wolfmen, take wolfman shape, impregnate Jennifer, then ask for the manager position and fight Septus for it. Also did the cheerleader joining first and then became manager, worked without problems.

Can you use the "npc debug" command and have a look at Jennifer and Septus, then post their debug lines here? Also, what infection does your char have and does he have a cock?
Wahn

Postby sunrunnr » Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:52 pm

ok I found the scene that I was supposed to have activated upon beating Septus. The weird thing is that it was only visible when I clicked the scrollback button which I'd used to try to find the info you asked for. I'm using Windows Git btw.

I'm unfamiliar with the npc debug command. Will track down and post the info you requested soon as I get it figured out.

*edit*
look Jennifer
DEBUG -> THIRST: 1, LUST: 4, JENNIFERFUCKED: 1, PREG TIMER: 48, OFFSPRING: 0<- DEBUG
look Septus
DEBUG -> HP: 7 <- DEBUG
sunrunnr

Postby boring7 » Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:04 am

Dr Lykos wrote:
You go up to Larissa at the counter and inform her that you’re here on Dr. Matt’s behalf to exchange information. She glances up from the electronic game she’s playing to pass the time. “Oh, hey. Head Office said someone would be coming by for that.” She sets her game aside and glances up at you between flipping through the documents. “If you’re going around the city looking for work, we’ve got a bit of something for you to do. HQ says it needs to be done ASAP, but we don’t have the manpower. If you could take care of that, I’ll make sure these get a rush on top of paying you for the job. Sound good?”
Understanding that Dr. Matt needs this information and that you’d best get on Zephyr’s good side to get it, you nod ask her what needs to be done. “Excellent! We can’t really go hiring you on right now, but even working for us freelance will really help you in the long run. Zephyr’s moving up in the world and you really want to be part of the team, trust me,” she says with a knowing smile.
“Now, what we need you to do is place a few of these nanite density monitors at a few key locations in the city. They’ll help us detect the prop-” she stops herself short. “Well, a temp doesn’t need to know the details. They measure some stuff about the nanites. Perfectly safe,” she adds reassuringly. “We’ve set a few up already nearby, but HQ wants them placed at four other key locations across the city: The downtown high rise district, the city park, the beachfront area and the seedy red light district. They should be placed in open, elevated locations where they won’t be disturbed. Once you get to an area, try hunting around for a ‘detector site’ to find an appropriate place to set it up.”
She heaves a small suitcase onto the counter and pops it open. She takes a moment to demonstrate how to activate them, then closes it up and slides the case to you. “They come equipped with a GPS transponder, so we’ll be able to know if they’ve been properly installed or not, so don’t get any funny ideas about just dumping them somewhere or sticking them in a few alleys. They’ve got to be outside in the open and somewhere high up.” Grabbing the heavy case, you sigh and head off, hoping this job will be as easy as she claims, but knowing it won’t be somehow.
*** Value handling failed: impossible allocation ***

*** Run-time problem P49: Memory allocation proved impossible.

Currently running Splatterlight v0.5.0. This particular attempt was at lvl 28, somewhere around 50-75 days in. What other information would be useful?

Same problem, Glulxe, Tried dumping my entire inventory except the 2 journals with no help. I don't remember where I got journal #2.
boring7

Postby OmegaZen0 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:43 am

I know this might be abit of annoyance. But recently a new creature was released which I been wanting to encounter in the game. Yet each time I play... it never shows up,,, neither in it's specified spawning area or even the "Infection Terminal". Well, the creature I refer to is the 'Football Gorilla' which Wahn recently released. I was just kind of curious if this could be looked into because I'd like to encounter this fellow and maybe have the form available to take on, as well. Hehe.

I'm a nice guy... really. I'm just a weirdo, to be honest.
OmegaZen0

Postby Wahn » Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:58 am

You might have an old version that does not include them.

Can you post the release and serial number shown when you start a new game? The serial is the compilation date backwards...
Wahn

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat