Typos and Bugs

Re: Typos and Bugs

Postby soul4hdwn » Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:51 pm

think the ban/ward menu is missing the herm option for ward/banning. that or i guess have to edit everything in game to align to this. =p

edit: trixie's version has herm option though.
soul4hdwn

Postby Blue Bishop » Tue Dec 24, 2013 3:06 pm

soul4hdwn wrote:think the ban/ward menu is missing the herm option for ward/banning. that or i guess have to edit everything in game to align to this. =p

edit: trixie's version has herm option though.

Augh, yeah, you're right. Just my luck to be told this issue right before I went to bed. @^@

Edit: A pull request has been sent with a fix. Good night!
Blue Bishop

Postby Claw » Wed Dec 25, 2013 9:30 pm

I have problem. I just got Brutus from Nermine, but he has a vagina and not a penis. I never asked for this change.

Is there a way to fix this?
Claw

Postby Wahn » Thu Dec 26, 2013 3:18 am

Claw wrote:I have problem. I just got Brutus from Nermine, but he has a vagina and not a penis. I never asked for this change.

Is there a way to fix this?

Hm, that shouldn't happen... and didn't, when I just grabbed the current game file and quickly got Brutus in a fresh playthrough.

What's your game version? (shown at the start of a new play, looks like that -> "Release 57 / Serial number 131224 / Inform 7 build 6G60 (I6/v6.32 lib 6/12N)" )
Did you use a saveword before encountering this?
What is the current saveword for your game? Please post all three parts of it.
Wahn

Postby Aphemaros » Thu Dec 26, 2013 3:34 pm

So I noticed this a few days ago, but I've been looking into it a bit more. It seems as though the new gender lock option doesn't actually lock you gender. I've tried a most of the options for gender lock such as: Male, Female, Shemale and Cuntboy. Male and Shemale are supposed to block female mutations of your genitals, but I made some save words just to be sure about it. So I started the Shemale gender lock with 0}0}1}2}0}4}8}2}0}0 in the place of SatisfiedTanuki}HospitalQuest}# of Penises}# of Breasts}# of Vaginas}Breast Size}Penis Size}Ball Size}Vaginal Depth}Vaginal Width.

It doesn't seem to happen with most infectious creatures you battle that will give you a vagina, but for both the Male and Shemale gender locks certain NPCs with give you female infections. A few of the NPCs that I've noticed this with are Alpha Fang, Dommy Icarus, Lindsey the wolftaur, Leonard and Rex. With all of these NPCs the infection happens the first or second time that you have sex with them. So on the Shemale playthrough after the very first time that I had sex with Lindsey my save word became this 5}1}1}2}1}4}5}1}5}4} rather than the one above. All the other NPC's yielded very similar results.

Other NPCs don't give you a female mutation. I tried the Hyena Matriarch when you lose to her and several scenes that follow it but it never gave me a vagina. And as I mentioned before creatures like the Herm Hyenas and Herm Gryphons don't seem to give you any female mutations when you lose to them (aside from larger breast size if you have shemale gender lock.)

The Female and Cuntboy gender locks have a slightly different problem with them. It doesn't seem that NPC's will give you a penis, such as Solstice (whom I believe would otherwise give you a male infection, correct me if I'm wrong.)

I didn't test them out as much, but the only thing that I could find with them is when you lose to Herm Gryphons there are various scenes that don't work correctly. On the very start of the game I chose Gender Female and Gender Lock Cuntboy without changing anything else. I hunted for a Gryphon, lost and then it gave me this scene:
The gryphon pushes you back with one hand while the other grabs at you, removing any clothing you may have. She speaks haltingly, as if she is not used to speaking anymore, “You are too small, but maybe, later. For now, a gift.” She kneels before you and takes your very small uninfected member into her beak, lapping over it with soft, wet, tongue. Her firm paw hands hold to your ass as she begins to bob slowly against you, making your flesh tingle with delight as she works at you expertly. All too soon you are spilling seed across that tongue, grunting with your own satisfaction. She rises, licking her beak. With a wink, she saunters off.
The problem with this scene is obviously that neither females nor cuntboys have penises to suck (however small and uninfected that it may be)

I checked my Save Word afterwards and it was this 17}12}12}12}12}12}0}29}100}-1}0}human}human}human}Hermaphrodite Gryphon}human}5}0}0}2}1}2}0}0}6}4}journal}0}0}0}0}nothing}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}000100B}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0
I typed in the undo command and just previously before the scene I got this 17}12}12}12}12}12}0}29}100}0}0}human}human}human}human}human}5}0}0}2}1}2}0}0}6}4}journal}0}0}0}0}nothing}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}000100B}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0

There is another Herm Gryphon defeat that goes like this: The gryphon, victorious, pushes you onto your back and buries her face into your crotch. She pulls your clothes free before she starts to lap at your tiny dense, black shaft before moving on to your inhumanly deep lips. Her soft tongue has you squirming in pleasure, growing wet under her skillful ministrations. Detecting you’re ready, she slips up over you, pressing her large breasts to your small B cup chest, smoothly slipping her black shaft into your eager and ready body. She kisses and licks at you, pressing that beak expertly to your lips, managing a fierce and passionate exchange despite it. You find your hands wandering over her sides, then drawing her closer as her love making becomes more and more intense. Her taloned hands grip your throbbing maleness and stroke it as she thrusts into you. Your body grows tense before pleasure washes over you, but the gryphon is not yet sated, pistoning smoothly against you and crooning in an ear as she begins to bump you with the thick knot of her shaft. A firm shove, and it pops into place, locking her to you as your belly begins to swell with fertile seed. She shivers and buries her face into your neck as she peaks, remaining on top of you, hugging, for the minute it takes for her huge balls to unload. You are stuck to her, snuggling quietly, for what feels like an hour before she slips from you, kisses one last time, and departs.

I once again checked my save word after this and it was: 17}12}12}12}12}12}0}29}96}-8}0}Hermaphrodite Gryphon}Hermaphrodite Gryphon}Hermaphrodite Gryphon}Hermaphrodite Gryphon}Hermaphrodite Gryphon}5}0}0}2}1}2}0}0}13}7}journal}0}0}0}0}nothing}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}000100B}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0
Note that this is after several defeats and there is still no male mutations.

I assume that this is all a problem with the new coding because I never noticed any of these issues when the gender locks were just perks. And sorry for the really long post I just wanted to get it all out there.
Aphemaros

Postby TigerStripes » Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:13 pm

Aphemaros wrote:<gender lock issues>

Firstly, the game start should be assigning the feats appropriate for those selections, so the existing content should work as normal. In that case, the error probably lies elsewhere in the code. To be certain though, you'd want to check your feats to make sure the appropriate feats are there to match your selection.
- With the Gryphon issue, there's an important typo which throws off the delivery of creature victory scenes. I'll send a patch for it along to be activated.
- As for the others, I'll need to review them further but a cursory glance at some of the others found no direct problems. Did you have any other feats which influence gender stats in any way (such as 'One Way' or others)?
TigerStripes

Postby Blue Bishop » Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:41 am

Aphemaros wrote:[Gender-Locking Matters]

I've assessed the gender-locking code, there seems to be nothing irregular with it. It's my conclusion that these are case-by-case irregularities.

I'm kinda on break right now, but I went ahead and checked the Herm Gryphon, the issue you're encountering is in relation to its genital check and a coding error (its sex pool assesses your genital set first, before going through a protocol, but the "Herm" check asks if the player has at least one cunt twice, rather than if they have at least one cock and at least one cunt). I'll send the fix over to this shortly.

Edit: Nevermind, nuku went ahead and resolved it for me.
Blue Bishop

Postby TigerStripes » Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:24 am

Blue Bishop wrote:Edit: Nevermind, nuku went ahead and resolved it for me.

That was the patch I'd said I'd send along. I'd sent it to Nuku and he put it in right away.
TigerStripes

Postby Aphemaros » Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:29 pm

TigerStripes wrote:
Aphemaros wrote:<gender lock issues>

<response to gender lock issues>

... I just don't know. Before my first post I had tried for a few hours with the different gender lock options using different feats and save words. It isn't happening now though. I play the install version of the game and I haven't redownloaded it since the 21st, so I shouldn't have gotten any updates. I'm trying to replicate it again using the same approach, but I can't get anything anymore. No gender mutations at all (aside from the size mutations obviously.) I have no clue what happened.

If I do somehow get it to happen again then I will take screen shots of it or something, but it seems the problem is resolved right at this moment. Thanks for the help anyways. And thanks for checking on the Herm Gryphon thing despite being on break Bishop. I appreciate it.
Aphemaros

Postby Songbird » Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:14 am

Hai.

In the ward/ban menu, ban is not surrounded by a leading bracket.

When looking at yourself (at least as a human), part of the autodesc reads:
Code: Select all
A private peek shows that you have a normal sized 6-inch-long human shaft.  It is only somewhat aroused at the moment.  Underneath them hang apricot-sized balls.

Perhaps this should read:
A private peek shows that you have a normal sized 6-inch-long human shaft.  It is only somewhat aroused at the moment.  Underneath it hangs apricot-sized balls.

Smelling items:
smell water bottle
You sniff the water bottle.

Water Bottles smell like plastic.

smell pocketknife
You sniff the pocketknife.

Pocketknives smell like metal.

smell face mask
You sniff the face mask.

It smells pretty normal for a/an face mask.

These could be:

smell water bottle
You sniff the water bottle.

The water bottle smells like plastic.

smell pocketknife
You sniff the pocketknife.

The pocketknife smells like metal.

smell face mask
You sniff the face mask.

It smells pretty normal for a face mask.

Smelling the initial bunker and library area:
The fire pole smells like sweat, nervousness, excitement and above all else hardworking diligence.

lolwut?
Songbird

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat