Typos and Bugs

Re: Typos and Bugs

Postby Handle_Taken » Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:34 pm

I was doing a play through when I noticed that I can't save Joanna in the Overrun Garden event anymore.

I was over level 8 and had been told by Harold at The Palomino that she hadn't been around. Usually when I've done that I face against a 100 HP Parasitic Plant and the garden is unlocked. So far every time I've tried it lately I face a 40 HP Parasitic Plant and Joanna can't be saved.

It's kind of a downer because I enjoy the "saving people" aspect of the game. I occasionally see myself, not simply walking from one location to another but bravely bounding in a superhero-esque stride, cape and tail (if applicable) blowing in the wind as I hum a triumphant tune and occasionally saying "Fear not mutated and/or mysteriously-unmutated citizenry! You shall be defended from evil by your brave champion Fire Fox!" I then imagine being served a cease and desist order by Alex the ferret lawyer and going reluctantly back to regular walking.

But I digress.

Edit: Also...let me know if I should have posted this somewhere else.
Handle_Taken

Postby Shoggoth on the Roof » Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:23 pm

Funny, I just did that event in my latest playthrough and it was working fine.
A big monster like that on such a pointed roof... You may ask 'how does it stay up there, if it's so difficult?'

That, I can tell you in one word: tentacles!
Shoggoth on the Roof

Postby Handle_Taken » Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:43 pm

Shoggoth on the Roof wrote:Funny, I just did that event in my latest playthrough and it was working fine.

I'm playing from the website, I'm not sure if that makes any difference.
Handle_Taken

Postby Shoggoth on the Roof » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:46 pm

It makes a huge difference. Downloading and playing it on your PC is much better: trying to play it online causes a lot of bugs.
A big monster like that on such a pointed roof... You may ask 'how does it stay up there, if it's so difficult?'

Shoggoth on the Roof

Postby Shoggoth on the Roof » Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:32 pm

The victory sex option to ride the herm Vixen Nurse's cock doesn't have a scene.

Shoggoth on the Roof

Postby dagger15 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:14 pm

I just used the save word and load word for the new update and I am getting the issue where Xerxes disappears while Mike and his home is still there. I am unable to speak with mike but all other interactions including those with ares are available.
dagger15

Postby Wahn » Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:01 am

dagger15 wrote:I just used the save word and load word for the new update and I am getting the issue where Xerxes disappears while Mike and his home is still there. I am unable to speak with mike but all other interactions including those with ares are available.

Please do post your saveword. Did you by any chance copy that saveword by hand? Accidentally cutting off a single letter somewhere can lead to wide-ranging bugs.
Wahn

Postby Akherts » Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:12 am

I couldn't find a post of this on here or the github: The Hyena Gang fight to become matriarch is broken. On the fight with the second enemy, Gina's text that you lost comes up, even if you won the fight. It also doesn't register that you have "lost", so you can repeatedly try again, but it still doesn't allow you to win if you try again.

If it helps, it is Serial number 171003 and I am using the Glulxe interpreter to play.

Just from looking at github, I believe the issue is because fightoutcome doesn't fit the criteria >=10,<=19 and >=20, <=29 since it skips over the [matriarch attack] part of the text.
Akherts

Postby Wahn » Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:13 am

Akherts wrote:I couldn't find a post of this on here or the github: The Hyena Gang fight to become matriarch is broken. On the fight with the second enemy, Gina's text that you lost comes up, even if you won the fight. It also doesn't register that you have "lost", so you can repeatedly try again, but it still doesn't allow you to win if you try again.

If it helps, it is Serial number 171003 and I am using the Glulxe interpreter to play.

Just from looking at github, I believe the issue is because fightoutcome doesn't fit the criteria >=10,<=19 and >=20, <=29 since it skips over the [matriarch attack] part of the text.

Actually, no - it was a typo in calling for the attack... "Hyena Matriarch" vs "Hyena matriarch". A fix will be posted soon.

Thank you for your report and the try to look up the problem, nonetheless.
Wahn

Postby DovahKing51 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:34 pm

I have several typos I would like to report. For the Ashen Breeder, the posterior line starts with "a curved, bubbly ass". Either it needs capitalization, or there is text missing. I would also like to point out that at the sane ending for the Breeder, I use Female Only setting so I don't get "male bit" from Breeder infection, purely female. It just feels weird when they're talking about the addax antelope for one male thing like it's a big deal. Could you alter it or something? Also, the posterior line for the Salamander needs a period. And the Salamander itself needs a sane ending. And the skin line for the Queen Bee is too long when there is text mentioning skin detail. It's kind of a weird flaw I thought I needed to address. Thank you. And keep up the good work! :D
DovahKing51

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat