Typos and Bugs

Re: Typos and Bugs

Postby Samsquatch » Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:07 pm

It seems that the journal can't be dropped now. When attempting to drop it, it says "You're wielding that, take it off first." Using it (like one would to unequip something else) doesn't work for obvious reasons. It doesn't have an * next to it in the inventory either like other equipped items.

Personally, I prefer to drop it to save two pounds, since it's almost always an easy trip back to the bunker when humanity drops too low.
Samsquatch

Postby TigerStripes » Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:32 am

Samsquatch wrote:<dropping journal>

I'll send a patch for this.
TigerStripes

Postby Razor75 » Thu Jun 04, 2015 4:39 am

TigerStripes wrote:
Dormir wrote:<Micaela dialog bug>

I believe this was fixed with the most recent update I sent for her (3 days ago).

Razor75 wrote:<Unbirth bug>

Things have been very busy and hectic for me over the last several days. So while I had seen your post, I did not have a chance to look into this issue until now. I'm still getting used to the new adjustments to the pregnancy mechanics, so I appreciate you pointing out the cause and solution for the error. I'll send a patch for it shortly. One thing to keep in mind though - if you have your own fork of the game, you can make an adjustment like this directly on the web and then place a pull request. If you do so, it'd be nice to mention you'd done it this way and so you'd not performed a test on it.

I've just now performed a test with the proposed fix and it worked. I made another minor tweak, solving a separate issue and now it should be functioning as desired once the update's processed.

I used to make lots of adjustments when this game was first released. I haven't done so for over 2 years so I don't trust my understanding of the code enough to do my own editing and pull requests just yet. In my head I can see a lot I could do. I will see if I can make that happen though. I'd like to help out again if time allows.

I guess I need to figure out how to compile the code from the repository. It isn't exactly straightforward.

EDIT: Figured it out. Now I guess I can start making and testing modifications though it takes like a week to compile. Maybe that's my laptop.
Razor75

Re: Typos and Bugs (Erica can't get preggers?)

Postby Gmind » Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:00 am

Release 57 / Serial# 150528 / Inform 7 Build 6L38 (16/v6.33 lib 6/12N)

Just out of curiosity, has Impregnation been implemented for Erica/Eric or is it simply in the works? I've seen on the wiki links for him/her that it's built into her code and ought to work, but can't seem to knock Erica up and trying to talk to her only brings up a blank dialogue page.
Gmind

Postby Shoggoth on the Roof » Sun Jun 07, 2015 1:41 pm

Hey, I just noticed this:

On the Bargain Bin in Nermine's shop, if you get the event where the box bites you, causing 25 damage, it's possible for your HP to fall into the negatives, which will cause you to automatically lose any fights you get into until you heal.
A big monster like that on such a pointed roof... You may ask 'how does it stay up there, if it's so difficult?'

That, I can tell you in one word: tentacles!
Shoggoth on the Roof

Postby TigerStripes » Sun Jun 07, 2015 3:24 pm

Shoggoth on the Roof wrote:Hey, I just noticed this:

On the Bargain Bin in Nermine's shop, if you get the event where the box bites you, causing 25 damage, it's possible for your HP to fall into the negatives, which will cause you to automatically lose any fights you get into until you heal.

Then you'd best heal, rest or wait a few turns before continuing on. :)
TigerStripes

Postby Syril_of_Snow » Sat Jun 13, 2015 2:20 pm

I think pregnancy is bugged lately. I've seen it over the past few updates.
I've noticed this message:
*** Run-time problem P10: Since Leonard is not allowed the property “feats”, it is against the rules to try to use it.
-come up a lot.
I used Leonard as an example but I get it with Fang and Icarus, as well as monsters too.
It always comes up after the creature, well, cums. (To be a little more clear, where the Selective Mother choice would come up if the player has it.)
I've seen it over different genders, gender-locks, with/without mpreg, and with/without Selective Mother.

Release 57 / Serial number 150611 / Inform 7 build 6L38 (I6/v6.33 lib 6/12N)
Syril_of_Snow

Postby TigerStripes » Sun Jun 14, 2015 2:58 am

Syril_of_Snow wrote:I think pregnancy is bugged lately...

The next time you come across this, can you please tell me in which particular scene it occurred? Even copying and pasting a bit of the text would help locate the one in question.
TigerStripes

Postby HalcyonHope » Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:41 am

Not sure if this counts as a bug but what the hell.
The Singular feat doesn't work with the Slutty Dragoness and Horny Dragon infections. Probably because they don't have the face/body/etc change entries.
HalcyonHope

Postby TigerStripes » Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:40 am

HalcyonHope wrote:Not sure if this counts as a bug but what the hell.
The Singular feat doesn't work with the Slutty Dragoness and Horny Dragon infections. Probably because they don't have the face/body/etc change entries.

You are correct. The feat does not work because there is no infection table data for those. You'll have to go visit Christy again to restore.
TigerStripes

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat