Typos and Bugs

Re: Typos and Bugs

Postby Shoggoth on the Roof » Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:13 pm

I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, but on the ThreeDoors section of the Reservoir quest, I'm only getting a +2 on the check to force the door open after choosing the left door, while my character has a 22 Strength which should yield a +6 to Strength checks.
A big monster like that on such a pointed roof... You may ask 'how does it stay up there, if it's so difficult?'

That, I can tell you in one word: tentacles!
Shoggoth on the Roof

Postby Shoggoth on the Roof » Sat Sep 27, 2014 7:55 pm

There seems to be a bug with some of the feats gained from the Bargain Bin: I got the Strong Back feat from the Tangled Strap but it had no effect on my weight limit while the event that gives you Good Teacher isn't allowing me to select The Horde when I volunteer at the lab- I meet the Charisma requirement. All the bugs I've submitted have been with the version of the game from the 19th.
A big monster like that on such a pointed roof... You may ask 'how does it stay up there, if it's so difficult?'

Shoggoth on the Roof

Postby TigerStripes » Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:09 am

Shoggoth on the Roof wrote:I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, but on the ThreeDoors section of the Reservoir quest, I'm only getting a +2 on the check to force the door open after choosing the left door, while my character has a 22 Strength which should yield a +6 to Strength checks.

The strength check for the left door uses a different formula [ ( STR - 15 ) / 3 ] to compute the bonus and has a target of 11+. I guess it's so anyone would have a fairly good success rate, even with a minimal strength of 10 or 12 while reducing guaranteed success. That's odd though, since the right door uses the regular formula, but has a target of 9+, making it also pretty easy to open. I'll adjust the formula and target for the left door.

Shoggoth on the Roof wrote:There seems to be a bug with some of the feats gained from the Bargain Bin: I got the Strong Back feat from the Tangled Strap but it had no effect on my weight limit while the event that gives you Good Teacher isn't allowing me to select The Horde when I volunteer at the lab- I meet the Charisma requirement. All the bugs I've submitted have been with the version of the game from the 19th.

- The Strong Back feat appears to be given properly and the increase to the player's weight limit is controlled separate from the event itself. Testing proves that your weight capacity does increase, activating the next time you prompt a check to see if you're overburdened. Since this check occurs after the combined weight of your items and carrying capacity are displayed while checking your inventory, you'll see the previous value initially. To resolve this, simply look at your inventory a second time or move rooms (which is conditional on the player not being overburdened). This perceived delay takes place regardless of the means used to gain the feat, but will not actually hamper your ability to move if you're over your previous weight capacity. This also prompted me to notice that the Lil Better cheat did not give you a carrying capacity increase, so I'll send a patch for that.
- Good Teacher allows you to select the Ringmaster feat after the hospital quest, with Char of 15+ and Int of 13+ as the other requirements. The Horde requires a Char of 17+ and at least 3 tamed pets. Have you met those requirements?
EDIT: I checked the Wiki and it appears someone'd recorded the requirements incorrectly for the feat, which would explain your confusion. I've updated it.
TigerStripes

Postby Shoggoth on the Roof » Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:14 am

Ah, the incorrect info on the wiki explains it- my character currently has a Charisma of 16.

Shoggoth on the Roof

Postby Savriss » Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:25 am

The dryad in the urban forest is... just ugh. For starters, here's a fix to the speech.

Original
You move closer to the dryad, stroking your jackalman cock, the entry is deceptively easy, and you start as you feel vines creeping along her inner walls. You try to pull out, but they grab hold and pull you all the way in. "Silly you, thinking you could rape me.", well, let me teach you a thing or two.
She leans into you, vines stroking your cock as it is massaged against her inner walls. You come to climax surprisingly quickly, spraying your load inside of her. When you finish, she places the nipple of one of her large breasts at your mouth, and with a dulled mind begin to suckle.
That's good, have a drink, she says, as you roll over onto the ground, and she walks away, the tree disguise forming once more.

Fixed
You move closer to the dryad and thrust your jackalman cock into her. Entry is deceptively easy and you start as you feel vines creeping along her inner walls. You try to pull out but they grab hold and pull you all the way in. The dryad murmurs, "Silly you, thinking you could rape me. Well, let me teach you a thing or two."
She leans into you, the vines along her internal walls stroking your cock. You come to climax surprisingly quickly, spraying your load inside of her. When you finish, she places the nipple of one of her large breasts at your mouth and, with a dulled mind, begin to suckle as she says, "That's good, have a drink."
When you are finished, you roll over onto the ground and she walks away, the tree disguise forming once more.

That being said, this scene is just a frustrating turnaround victory, like the saber kitty and hermaphrodite dolphin.
Pygmalion, craft me my own Galatea!
Savriss

Postby Shoggoth on the Roof » Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:21 am

Here's something of an odd bug I just discovered:

If you chose not to use any of the gender-lock options at character creation but take one of the options from the Zoo event Vet Supplies, you'll still get the bonus points for not using gender locking. This isn't really a big deal, given how easy it is to score points in the game, but I thought I'd list it.

Shoggoth on the Roof

Postby Shoggoth on the Roof » Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:43 pm

I'm beginning to wonder if there's something bugged about the game's Ovi content. On multiple occasions when I've gotten my character pregnant while neither my infection nor the other character's were ones that normally produce eggs I still get messages about being pregnant with an egg.

Shoggoth on the Roof

Postby TigerStripes » Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:51 pm

Savriss wrote:The dryad in the urban forest is... just ugh. For starters, here's a fix to the speech.

You're right. The Dryad never really did anything for me, so I'd just zoned it out of my brain and ignored it for so long that I'd forgotten quite how those scenes went until recently. The hermaphrodite dolphin and the mutant centaur were also done by the same dev, so it's a bit of a trend. I'll change it to make the player victory optional for the moment and we'll deal with it more fully at a later date. I've not examined the Saber Kitty too deeply, but at least that one involves player choice.
TigerStripes

Postby TigerStripes » Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:37 pm

Shoggoth on the Roof wrote:<Gender Lock bonus/Vet Supplies>

I've been casually aware of this since the new gender locking option was added, but didn't make mention of it since the event needs some more thorough maintenance. I'll give it another temporary patch to remove the potential for that bonus should they use the injections.

Shoggoth on the Roof wrote:<Ovi-bug?>

I did a repair to this feature a while back, but there may still be more issues with it or something else may have gone wrong. It's always been a little buggy. If it occurs again, please let me know and provide what info you can on the sire, what scene prompted the impregnation (if you can recall) and the notification you saw. Also please continue to track that pregnancy to birth and let me know if more erroneous messages occur and whether it turns out to be a live of egg birth in the end. Also add in the version number you're playing from, jic.
TigerStripes

Postby Shoggoth on the Roof » Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:43 pm

Okay, I'm using the version from the 19th (and will probably update today). My character had full Unicorn infection (herm), with Harold as the father. I got several of the standard "you're pregnant" announcements (my character has all the pregnancy speed boosting feats: Fertile, Selective Mother, Litter Bearer, Maternal, etc), and about halfway through I got several "you're having an egg" announcements, then they stopped and when the baby finally arrived I got the standard birth scene rather than the egg one.

Shoggoth on the Roof

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat