Typos and Bugs

Re: Typos and Bugs

Postby Syril_of_Snow » Wed Jul 15, 2015 12:02 pm

This is more of a question then a bug report. But it could be a bug... Or just not properly re-coded or something.
I remember that the Ash creatures, like the Ash Whelp, got changed into Ebonflame creatures, so now the Ebonflame Whelp. You find 3 of them near the Capitol.
There's still an Ashen Breeder in the sewers, like under the mall bathroom.
Weren't they the same creature line? Meaning it should be an Ebonflame Breeder?
Or did Blue Bishop not have the Ashen Breeders? I'm thoroughly confused.
Syril_of_Snow

Postby TigerStripes » Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:58 pm

Syril_of_Snow wrote:<Former Ash creatures and Ashen Breeder>

The two are completely unrelated apart from sharing vaguely similar names. The Ashen Breeder is a canine-like creature.
TigerStripes

Postby pridefall » Sun Jul 19, 2015 2:07 pm

When trying to compile the single-player game offline, I run into this error:

"Book 10 - Let the Games Begin:

Problem. An internal error has occurred: registered meaning of two or more #s. The current sentence is 'grammatical gender understood is a grammatical gender which varies' ; the error was detected at line 424 of "inform7/Chapter 10/Excerpt Meanings.w". This should never happen, and I am now halting in abject failure.

What has happened here is that one of the checks Inform carries out internally, to see if it is working properly, has failed. There must be a bug in this copy of Inform. It may be worth checking whether you have the current, up-to-date version. If so, please report this problem via http://www.inform7.com/bugs.

This happens after adding 31 images to the game in both the "Infection Icons," and the corresponding "Table of Infections," tables. After that point (Entry 32 Upwards), the game refuses to compile. It doesn't matter if the entry added is small or large, old versions or newer versions of monster write-up/input format. I'm adding images in sequence starting from the folder "AGentlemanCalledB" to the folder for "Kaleem mcintyre," obviously skipping images that have already been added to the native code on Github--though that said, it doesn't seemingly matter the order of the entries added, since I can put NukuValente's "Wasp Drone" as number 31 on the list and the game will still compile. It just won't, again, compile anything afterward.

(Not sure if this is the right forum to put this in, so sorry if it isn't!)

Edit: Deleting the entire section of "Artist Credits" in the "FS Graphics," file worked as a temporary stop-gap for this problem. After doing so, I found that I could both add more Images to the "Infection Icons" and "Table of Infections," sections of "FS Graphics," while at the same time also use Inform 7 to compile the game to completion and without errors. This is also true of the "Scenes" and "NPC" portions of the File.

The error (at least for me in my experimentation) seems more linked to the # of lines of code present within the "FS Graphic" file itself. (Maybe there's a hard limit that Inform 7 can handle before going nuts?) At the time of the error I reported earlier, so long as a hard-cap of 374 lines of code within "FS Graphics" existed, the game would compile. Any more than that placed in any section of the "FS Graphics" file would then cause the aforementioned "Book 10" error, which then prevents the game from compiling to a playable state. I don't know why that is--I know very, very little of code--but that's been my experience thus far.

Will report if I find anything else o7

(Btw: by erasing the Artist Credit section, you free up 120-130 lines of code in the FS Graphics file.)

Edit the second: Using the above method let me add a max of ten images to the game before giving me the: "Book 10 - the error was detected at line 613 of "inform7/Chapter 10/Excerpt Meanings.w" error again. Sigh.
Last edited by pridefall on Sun Jul 19, 2015 8:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
pridefall

Postby Shoggoth on the Roof » Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:03 pm

One of the Frost Giantess pet's attack description says "Balling both fists together she brings them down onto the [enemy]."

Based on the standard descriptions for pet attacks, there should probably be something identifying who made the attack.
A big monster like that on such a pointed roof... You may ask 'how does it stay up there, if it's so difficult?'

That, I can tell you in one word: tentacles!
Shoggoth on the Roof

Postby TigerStripes » Sat Jul 25, 2015 10:57 am

pridefall wrote:(Btw: by erasing the Artist Credit section, you free up 120-130 lines of code in the FS Graphics file.)

I will not remove the art credits from the game. The artists were all told they'd be credited in the game for their art.
TigerStripes

Postby TigerStripes » Sat Jul 25, 2015 11:02 am

Shoggoth on the Roof wrote:One of the Frost Giantess pet's attack description says "Balling both fists together she brings them down onto the [enemy]."

Based on the standard descriptions for pet attacks, there should probably be something identifying who made the attack.

Oops. A fix will be sent shortly.
TigerStripes

Postby pridefall » Sat Jul 25, 2015 1:12 pm

TigerStripes wrote:
pridefall wrote:(Btw: by erasing the Artist Credit section, you free up 120-130 lines of code in the FS Graphics file.)

I will not remove the art credits from the game. The artists were all told they'd be credited in the game for their art.

I'm not saying to remove it--I'd disagree with doing so, just like you! It's a douche move--I'm only noted it as an aside.
pridefall

Postby pridefall » Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:29 pm

[ Latest Build ]

Fatal Error occurs in Inform 7 whenever you try to "junkall" an item when a Y/N prompt for "junkall" a previous item is up.

Example:

junkall demon seed
Do you wish to permanently trash all of the "demon seed" you have?
yes or no>

junkall gryphon milk
Do you wish to permanently trash all of the "demon seed" you have?
yes or no>

Attempting to do anything in this case -- clicking on any item in either the first or second set of prompts -- will crash the game.
pridefall

Postby pridefall » Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:44 pm

In the Aurora File, the following typo is present:

"You do spot a damaged section of wall near a narrower section of the molten moat. If you could knock it down, Aurora might be able to cross there. But should even try?"
pridefall

Postby DrGryphon » Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:16 pm

When I try to have sex with the gryphoness while she's an NPC in the library, the "Fuck Denise’s ass" option doesn't show any text. It's just a blank screen.

EDIT.
After playing the game a little longer I also noticed that Denise was never getting pregnant while she was following me as a pet.
DrGryphon

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat