Typos and Bugs

Re: Typos and Bugs

Postby TigerStripes » Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:49 am

Songbird wrote:<scents>

Thanks for pointing out these issues. I'll fix the various scents and the other typo shortly. Two things to point out though: the a/an in the face mask was because it was using the default smell message for an object that doesn't have a scent value. If you see it again when smelling something, that just means it doesn't have a personalized scent message yet. Point it out and we can add one. As for the fire pole thing, the scent message for one half of the fire pole was not actually assigned to the pole and somehow must have hit them instead.
TigerStripes

Postby Savriss » Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:45 am

When helping Dr Matt against Dr Mouse, he asks you to bring him the items that Dr Mouse has asked for before handing them in. When doing so for the items you get directly from the museum, being the lava lamp and sabretooth tooth, he asks to be allowed to take the tooth and for you to get another. If you accept, he says the following:

"It is good to see that you appreciate the important of my work." He picks up the large fang in his gloves and places it in a sample dish.

With important being misspelled and the speech not attributed, this should be:

"It is good to see that you appreciate the importance of my work." murmurs the doctor as he picks up the large fang in his gloves and places it in a sample dish.
Pygmalion, craft me my own Galatea!
Savriss

Postby TigerStripes » Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:24 am

Savriss wrote:<Dr Matt typo>

Thanks for spotting this. I'll make the adjustment and send it along shortly.
TigerStripes

Postby KiWolfGirl » Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:46 pm

In the Wrestling Wolf punishment player loss for females there is a lot of missing punctuation and one or two of the sentences seem as if they stop at a weird point but this is the biggest part of it.
You eyes swell with tears from the sheer pain of the Wrestling Wolf's treatment he lifts you the very tip of his, tighten his hold on your waist "And nothing angers me more than when I fight someone not giving it their all," he roars as he pulls you down, this time with much greater force and thrusting his hips up ramming you hard against his swelled knot.

Probably just needs someone to look it over quick. The version with knotting has a bit of issues too if I remember. There is also tense shifts from past to present.
KiWolfGirl

Postby TigerStripes » Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:39 am

KiWolfGirl wrote:<Wrestling Wolf>

I've tweaked that section of text for both the knotted and unknotted versions. Those variations might need a little grammatical revision though, judging from that portion of text.
TigerStripes

Postby Savriss » Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:09 am

Dryad victory scene:
You move closer to the dryad, stroking your feline cock, the entry is deceptively easy, and you start as you feel vines creeping along her inner walls. You try to pull out, but they grab hold and pull you all the way in. "Silly you, thinking you could rape me.", well, let me teach you a thing or two.
She leans into you, vines stroking your cock as it is massaged against her inner walls. You come to climax surprisingly quickly, spraying your load inside of her. When you finish, she places the nipple of one of her large breasts at your mouth, and with a dulled mind begin to suckle.
That's good, have a drink, she says, as you roll over onto the ground, and she walks away, the tree disguise forming once more.

Dryad victory scene with some correction:
You move closer to the dryad as stroking your [feline] cock. When you thrust against her sex, the entry is deceptively easy and you start when you feel vines creeping along her inner walls. You try to pull out but they grab hold and pull you all the way in. "Silly you, thinking you could rape me. Well, let me teach you a thing or two."
She leans into you, vines stroking your cock as it is massages against her inner walls. You come to climax surprisingly quickly, spraying your load inside of her. When you finish, she places the nipple of one of her large breasts at your mouth and you, with a dulled mind, begin to suckle. She whispers, "That's good, have a drink."
When you can drink no more, she lays you upon the ground and walks away with her tree disguise forming once more.
Pygmalion, craft me my own Galatea!
Savriss

Postby DrGryphon » Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:40 pm

Hey guys, so I just went into Inform to try and fix the Apocalypse store, and It just spit this long list of errors back at me.
•This is the report produced by Inform 7 (build 6G60) on its most recent run through:

•In Section Starting Variables in the extension Presets by Default Settings:

Problem. You wrote 'gspg is usually 1' : but this seems to say that a thing is a value, like saying 'the chair is 10'.

Problem. You wrote 'gsms is usually 1' : again, this seems to say that a thing is a value.

Problem. You wrote 'gsgt is usually 1' : again, this seems to say that a thing is a value.

Problem. You wrote 'gshm is usually false' : again, this seems to say that a thing is a value.

Problem. You wrote 'anallevel is usually 2' : again, this seems to say that a thing is a value.

Problem. You wrote 'WSlevel is usually 2' : again, this seems to say that a thing is a value.

Problem. You wrote 'vorelevel is usually 2' : again, this seems to say that a thing is a value.

Problem. You wrote 'UBlevel is usually 2' : again, this seems to say that a thing is a value.

Problem. You wrote 'ovipreglevel is usually 2' : again, this seems to say that a thing is a value.

Problem. You wrote 'graphics is usually true' : again, this seems to say that a thing is a value.

•In Section 5 - Septus, the wolfman talent scout in the extension Wolfman by Wahn:

Problem. The sentence 'The icon of Septus is Figure of Septus_icon' appears to say two things are the same - I am reading 'icon of Septus' and 'Figure of Septus_icon' as two different things, and therefore it makes no sense to say that one is the other: it would be like saying that 'Choucas is Hibou'. It would be all right if the second thing were the name of a kind, perhaps with properties: for instance 'The Hall is a lighted room' says that something called The Hall exists and that it is a 'room', which is a kind I know about, combined with a property called 'lighted' which I also know about.

•In Section 2 - Amulet, Pet & Sex in the extension Demon Brute For Fs by Leo X:

Problem. The sentence 'The icon of demon brute is Figure of DemonBrute_icon' appears to say two things are the same - I am reading 'The icon of demon brute' and 'Figure of DemonBrute_icon' as two different things, and therefore it makes no sense to say that one is the other: it would be like saying that 'Choucas is Hibou'. It would be all right if the second thing were the name of a kind, perhaps with properties: for instance 'The Hall is a lighted room' says that something called The Hall exists and that it is a 'room', which is a kind I know about, combined with a property called 'lighted' which I also know about.

•In Section 3 - Sandra the Bunny Girl in the extension Desperate Bunny by Nuku Valente:

Problem. The sentence 'The icon of sandra is Figure of sandy_icon' appears to say two things are the same - I am reading 'icon of sandra' and 'Figure of sandy_icon' as two different things, and therefore it makes no sense to say that one is the other: it would be like saying that 'Choucas is Hibou'. It would be all right if the second thing were the name of a kind, perhaps with properties: for instance 'The Hall is a lighted room' says that something called The Hall exists and that it is a 'room', which is a kind I know about, combined with a property called 'lighted' which I also know about.

•In Section 2 - Blanche the Wolf in the extension Blanche by Stripes:

Problem. The sentence 'The icon of blanche is Figure of Blanche_icon' appears to say two things are the same - I am reading 'icon of blanche' and 'Figure of Blanche_icon' as two different things, and therefore it makes no sense to say that one is the other: it would be like saying that 'Choucas is Hibou'. It would be all right if the second thing were the name of a kind, perhaps with properties: for instance 'The Hall is a lighted room' says that something called The Hall exists and that it is a 'room', which is a kind I know about, combined with a property called 'lighted' which I also know about.

•In Section 2 - Thomas, the herm centaur in the extension Thomas by Wahn:

Problem. The sentence 'The icon of Thomas is Figure of Thomas_icon' appears to say two things are the same - I am reading 'icon of Thomas' and 'Figure of Thomas_icon' as two different things, and therefore it makes no sense to say that one is the other: it would be like saying that 'Choucas is Hibou'. It would be all right if the second thing were the name of a kind, perhaps with properties: for instance 'The Hall is a lighted room' says that something called The Hall exists and that it is a 'room', which is a kind I know about, combined with a property called 'lighted' which I also know about.

•In Section 2 - Felix, the centaur in the extension Felix by Wahn:

Problem. The sentence 'The icon of Felix is Figure of Felix_icon' appears to say two things are the same - I am reading 'icon of Felix' and 'Figure of Felix_icon' as two different things, and therefore it makes no sense to say that one is the other: it would be like saying that 'Choucas is Hibou'. It would be all right if the second thing were the name of a kind, perhaps with properties: for instance 'The Hall is a lighted room' says that something called The Hall exists and that it is a 'room', which is a kind I know about, combined with a property called 'lighted' which I also know about.

Is anyone else having this problem? It's preventing me from working on the game.
DrGryphon

Postby Wahn » Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:46 pm

Are you sure that you do have the current versions of all your FS files?
Wahn

Postby DrGryphon » Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:20 pm

Yes, I'm sure, In fact that's probably what messed it up in the first place.
DrGryphon

Postby Wahn » Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:21 pm

DrGryphon wrote:Yes, I'm sure, In fact that's probably what messed it up in the first place.

Just grabbed the current files and compiled them without problems. Did you perhaps forget to switch out the story.ni in the source folder or so, or not overwrite the old files correctly? With errors in the default settings and images, I suspect it might be the basic game file or possibly the FS Graphics.i7x that's your problem
Wahn

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat