Typos and Bugs

Re: Typos and Bugs

Postby Oxymoronic_Gryphon » Wed May 07, 2014 11:21 am

Since Gwen came to the public, I haven't been able to find Vanessa in the Plains. I searched for every variation on "Paratrooper" I could think of, all of which said I should search somewhere closer to what I seek, so I went around to all the other search areas I could think of offhand, in case she had been partially rewritten and moved, then went to Vanessa's code on Git, which says she's still in the plains. Is my game just borked, or did something break?
Oxymoronic_Gryphon

Postby gappydave » Wed May 07, 2014 2:39 pm

There is an event called Mana from heaven. Harpies drop some food from the sky and you get it.
I found out there is a word called Manna which means food from heaven.
So shouldn't it just be Manna.
gappydave

Postby TigerStripes » Wed May 07, 2014 3:20 pm

gappydave wrote:<Joanna>

This is the non-plant Joanna dancing the night away at the club. Being nocturnal, Joanna appears at the Palomino during the night hours (evening through midnight), but disappears as dawn approaches (pre-dawn). This does occasionally result in such quirks of her appearing/disappearing, since the turn is incremented after the player arrives at and is shown the room's description. Just stick around for a while and she'll turn up again.

<Elijah/Zephias>

Wahn should probably have a look at that one. He'd know better where that scene is controlled.

<Monster HP: 150/150>

Problem found. Orthas was pulling her monster description, not her NPC description when looking at her. One of its effects is to set the current monster's (meant to be the 'Dragon' you're fighting to 150 HP + a hard mode increase), but since you're not in a fight, it does so to the last monster referenced in the table - usually the last one you fought before looking at her.

<Lingerie store>

The Lingerie Store and the pristine negligee you find there are for use with the Butterfly. Go find her and give it to her to make her happy.

Oxymoronic_Gryphon wrote:<Paratrooper event>

As someone rightly pointed out, you were able to access this event before the paratroopers ever dropped into the city (3rd encounter of 'Military presence'). Now, as with Coleen, you cannot meet Vanessa until you've seen their paratrooper squad get blown off course. Sorry for the confusion this has caused.

gappydave wrote:<Manna>

You are quite right. I'll fix that.
TigerStripes

Postby Oxymoronic_Gryphon » Wed May 07, 2014 4:59 pm

Ah, okay. That makes sense. I guess I was confused because Coleen's in my saveword, but for some reason long since forgotten I decided not to keep Vanessa in it when she was integrated.

Should have looked at more of the code, I guess!
Oxymoronic_Gryphon

Postby TigerStripes » Wed May 07, 2014 5:09 pm

Oxymoronic_Gryphon wrote:Ah, okay. That makes sense. I guess I was confused because Coleen's in my saveword, but for some reason long since forgotten I decided not to keep Vanessa in it when she was integrated.

Should have looked at more of the code, I guess!

Your progress through 'Military Presence' is saved, so 'Paratrooper' should become unlocked if needed if your saveword includes having progressed through to that point. You'll need to run the portion of the saveword which includes Vanessa though for this to work.
TigerStripes

Postby Oxymoronic_Gryphon » Wed May 07, 2014 6:10 pm

Huh. I just went back, haven't updated the game at all, restarted, loaded my saveword, and found Vanessa. User error, I guess?
Oxymoronic_Gryphon

Postby Shoggoth on the Roof » Wed May 07, 2014 11:13 pm

The lingerie store is a location you can find after beating the Butterfly Girl a number of times and ripping her negligee. You find a new one for her there.
A big monster like that on such a pointed roof... You may ask 'how does it stay up there, if it's so difficult?'

That, I can tell you in one word: tentacles!
Shoggoth on the Roof

Postby sixclaw » Thu May 08, 2014 1:38 pm

I noticed a bug with the Onyx succumb ending at the Stables. The entire scene gets skipped, and it goes straight to the endgame text.
sixclaw

Postby gappydave » Fri May 09, 2014 12:18 am

Goat Janitor victory sex includes "Not that it stays that was for much longer."
My guess is it should be way.
It also has "Keeping a grip one of the horns on his head"
Either it's grip on one of the horns or grip on the horns.
Sarah wears the collar as soon as you've got it even if you haven't put it on her yet.
When you first talk to Diego
"Of course I can't garuntee it will"
should be guarantee
There's also "that whole trickster thing and all, ya ken"
ken may be an error but it was a word used by a species in some terry pratchett books so I'm not sure.
May not be a bug but Andrew turns the player into a 6 breasted shemale with his infection.
gappydave

Postby s12demon » Sat May 10, 2014 1:16 pm

Not sure if this is a bug, or a block thats been put in intentionally as part of the ongoing rework/upgrade to angie/midnight at the zoo area.

Its impossible to get midnight: you get the catnip, give it to angie and then... nothing. no matter how many times you find midnight or talk to angie (tried all the new talk menu options) you cant progress past this point.
s12demon

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat