Typos and Bugs

Re: Typos and Bugs

Postby Wahn » Thu May 15, 2014 11:31 pm

gappydave wrote:The description for wearing the combat helmet is "A green and brown camo army helmet rests atop them."
them?.

`Them is a catch-all phrase for all player genders.
Wahn

Postby gappydave » Fri May 16, 2014 9:18 am

Chinchilla submission "freeing you of anything obstruction in her way"
this bit doesn't make sense
cougar givein ending "When a weak point the military lines opens up, "
should be in the millitary lines
And the rescued ending "as you adjust be being a feline"
should be to abjust to being
flame sprite rescued ending "a feral as an unnessacary beating."
the correct spelling is unnecessary
gazelle pc description "Your face is short gazelle like muzzle, your face a blend of gazelle and human features"
later there's "horns rising above your."
your what?
and "as you balances on"
should just be balance
lioness pc description "You have a the body of a soft plush lioness"
gappydave

Postby boring7 » Fri May 16, 2014 10:41 pm

Playing the free release (so May 2nd-ish) I started running into Ewes packing 150 hit points on their woolly frames. The rams are still at 50.

The wiki sez they used to have 30 HP and that gels with my uncertain memories. I didn't notice any new text explaining the upgrade, did a number get changed by accident somewhere along the way?
boring7

Postby Wahn » Fri May 16, 2014 11:08 pm

boring7 wrote:Playing the free release (so May 2nd-ish) I started running into Ewes packing 150 hit points on their woolly frames. The rams are still at 50.

The wiki sez they used to have 30 HP and that gels with my uncertain memories. I didn't notice any new text explaining the upgrade, did a number get changed by accident somewhere along the way?

Hm, strange - from what I can see in their code, they should have 30 hp. Something else must be interfering with that, setting it to a new value.
Wahn

Postby Shoggoth on the Roof » Fri May 16, 2014 11:39 pm

I just started a new game on the latest backer level. Went to Trevor Labs and got this when I chose Look Orthas:

*** Run-time problem P22: Attempt to look up a non-existent row in the table 'Table of random critters'.

Orthas, the black dragon, steps forward to battle you. She stands about six and a half feet tall and has a very athletic body. Her bat-like wings are each about three feet long and folded onto her back at the moment. She was large, F cup breasts, but they don't seem to affect her balance or ability to fight at all. Her eyes blaze with anger and thick smoke curls up from her nostrils as she moves to deal with you for your betrayal.

In addition to the fact that I shouldn't be getting the description for her when you fight, since this is a new game (though I did use the level 6 boost code), I think "She was large, F cup breasts" should read "She has large, F cup breasts."
A big monster like that on such a pointed roof... You may ask 'how does it stay up there, if it's so difficult?'

That, I can tell you in one word: tentacles!
Shoggoth on the Roof

Postby gappydave » Sat May 17, 2014 12:13 am

I had this happen with panther taurs TigerStripes said
Problem found. Orthas was pulling her monster description, not her NPC description when looking at her. One of its effects is to set the current monster's (meant to be the 'Dragon' you're fighting to 150 HP + a hard mode increase), but since you're not in a fight, it does so to the last monster referenced in the table - usually the last one you fought before looking at her.
This could be the same bug or something new.
gappydave

Postby Shoggoth on the Roof » Sat May 17, 2014 12:15 am

Okay, yeah the current version of the game has some serious bugs. I just tried Hunt Finding Building in the sewer entrance at the mall and got "you can't find it here," while Hunt Building got me Approaching The Capital Building. To repeat, I was at the Sewer hunting area in the Mall Restroom.
A big monster like that on such a pointed roof... You may ask 'how does it stay up there, if it's so difficult?'

That, I can tell you in one word: tentacles!
Shoggoth on the Roof

Postby Wahn » Sat May 17, 2014 4:57 am

Shoggoth on the Roof wrote:Okay, yeah the current version of the game has some serious bugs. I just tried Hunt Finding Building in the sewer entrance at the mall and got "you can't find it here," while Hunt Building got me Approaching The Capital Building. To repeat, I was at the Sewer hunting area in the Mall Restroom.

No bugs from what I can see in any of that - you're just searching for the wrong thing. If you want to go to visit the stuck dragoness, you have to find the "Find building" event. And as the approach to the capitol building is a nav point, you can search for it from any hunting area. Regardless of entering the sewers at the mall, nothing stops you from coming back up in another location.
Wahn

Postby s12demon » Sat May 17, 2014 6:51 am

Just had a weird bug a few minutes ago. was playing as usual when the panther-taur npcs jumped from 30odd hp to 150hp for no reason. Found a couple more of them and they all have the higher hp total (which considering im lvl5 theres no way i can beat)

Dont know whats happened here, guessing it might be some kind of level adjustment thing like the higher hp wyverns appearing but at only lvl 5 i cant think that a jump that big is meant to happen so soon

for info using the 05 may @12:08am non backer build currently
s12demon

Postby gappydave » Sat May 17, 2014 8:47 am

Look at the earier posts on this page.
gappydave

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat