Typos and Bugs

Re: Typos and Bugs

Postby Strutun » Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:47 am

I have this issue that when I first download the offline version, it's all fine. But the second time I launch it (and every time after), the graphics no longer show up. Is there any way around this?
Strutun

Postby MetreMaidPlayer » Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:39 pm

Wahn wrote:
MetreMaidPlayer wrote:I downloaded the newest version of the raw file for flexible survival and I'm having trouble with the save word. It seems to crash out on me at random. I am using Windows Glulxe as the program to run it, and Release 62 / Serial number 171101 / Inform 7 build 6M62 (I6/v6.33 lib 6/12N) is my current version/build. I have had it crash out on me several times, from two different actions. The first is when I try to copy the save word. In Glulxe, I have to use the scrollback feature to copy the text. This has crashed the game several times with the latest build. However, it has also crashed when using a saveword when I have been able to copy it. I have tried redownloading the raw files and insuring Glulxe is up to date, and have had no luck so far.
The latest saveword I got was
18}13}13}13}13}13}0}29}100}-2389}0}Human}Human}Human}Human}Human}5}0}1}2}0}0}6}4}0}0}journal}0}0}0}0}nothing}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}000100B}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0
chantpartA}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0000000000000N}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}62}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}100}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}2}0}0
chantpartB}0}0}0}0000000000000B}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}AAAAAAAAAAAA}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0
Literally the start of a new play though and it crashes out several times on me. Not sure if its something on my end, or the game.

*Edit* So now the game has started crashing at other points. I'm thinking the problem perhaps lies with my computer itself. Or with the new graphics settings. Unless someone finds something in the saveword above. But pretty much sure its just on my end now

*Edit 2* Went and tried with new graphics turned off. Stable on my end now. So I can run it with no graphics or with old graphics, but not the new settings. Which is sad, cause of what I've seen, I was really digging the new system.

How exactly are you running the game?

Not quite sure what you mean by running it. I usually just download the raw files off the website. The raw files need, for lack of a better term, a translator. The program that runs it on my computer is Windows Glulxe. I either just open the raw file or open glulxe and then run the raw files in it. Its hard to put into words? I will try and do the install version at some point this weekend and see if that makes a difference.

If you're looking for something else, let me know and I'll try and answer it.
MetreMaidPlayer

Postby Wahn » Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:25 am

MetreMaidPlayer wrote:
Wahn wrote:
MetreMaidPlayer wrote:I downloaded the newest version of the raw file for flexible survival and I'm having trouble with the save word. It seems to crash out on me at random. I am using Windows Glulxe as the program to run it, and Release 62 / Serial number 171101 / Inform 7 build 6M62 (I6/v6.33 lib 6/12N) is my current version/build. I have had it crash out on me several times, from two different actions. The first is when I try to copy the save word. In Glulxe, I have to use the scrollback feature to copy the text. This has crashed the game several times with the latest build. However, it has also crashed when using a saveword when I have been able to copy it. I have tried redownloading the raw files and insuring Glulxe is up to date, and have had no luck so far.
The latest saveword I got was
18}13}13}13}13}13}0}29}100}-2389}0}Human}Human}Human}Human}Human}5}0}1}2}0}0}6}4}0}0}journal}0}0}0}0}nothing}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}000100B}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0
chantpartA}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0000000000000N}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}62}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}100}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}2}0}0
chantpartB}0}0}0}0000000000000B}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}AAAAAAAAAAAA}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0
Literally the start of a new play though and it crashes out several times on me. Not sure if its something on my end, or the game.

*Edit* So now the game has started crashing at other points. I'm thinking the problem perhaps lies with my computer itself. Or with the new graphics settings. Unless someone finds something in the saveword above. But pretty much sure its just on my end now

*Edit 2* Went and tried with new graphics turned off. Stable on my end now. So I can run it with no graphics or with old graphics, but not the new settings. Which is sad, cause of what I've seen, I was really digging the new system.

How exactly are you running the game?

Not quite sure what you mean by running it. I usually just download the raw files off the website. The raw files need, for lack of a better term, a translator. The program that runs it on my computer is Windows Glulxe. I either just open the raw file or open glulxe and then run the raw files in it. Its hard to put into words? I will try and do the install version at some point this weekend and see if that makes a difference.

If you're looking for something else, let me know and I'll try and answer it.

We've gone through a few more changes to the graphics system in the meantime. Please let me know how the installer works out for you...
Wahn

Postby MetreMaidPlayer » Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:54 pm

Wahn wrote:We've gone through a few more changes to the graphics system in the meantime. Please let me know how the installer works out for you...

So it looks like the installed version is stable for me. Played on it/left it open in the backround for 6 hours and no crashes on me with the new graphic settings. I'll try the new raw version tomorrow and see if the changes make that stable as well. If not, I'm guessing it might just be a combonation of the raw files and my computer.
That said, I did run in to some type of bug/issue. I was mostly playing around with the campions at the bunker and found that some scenes are not firing. For example, with Eric and the new ancient tome theres a scene where coming into the bunker Eric is getting fucked by tentacles. However, I couldn't get that scene to fire off. I'm guessing it has to do with the fact that I have most of the companions at the bunker, and the scene is just getting stepped on. I'm also having a lot of scenes repeat right after each other. For example I'll return to the library and have Alexandra fuck Brutus, enter the bunker and have Carl fucking David, and upon exiting the bunker have Alexandra fuck Brutus again. Past experence says that most of the sex scenes have a cooldown, so for Alexandra I probably shouldn't be seeing her trying to sex up another companion for 6 turns or so, but she'll autofire off every time. The same thing is happening with other repeatable scenes.
I'm guessing again that this has to do with me having almost all the companions at the bunker as I know in the past problems with scenes stepping on eachother, but worth mentioning anyways. The ones that seem to be popping up the mose were the newer ones like Alexandra cuckolding with Brutus and Korvin. The newer ones seemed to be firing off a lot for me and I think that may have been stepping on other scenes causing problems. I can add the code from the saveword tomorrow as I'm not at my home computer right now so I dont have the save word.
MetreMaidPlayer

Postby MetreMaidPlayer » Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:56 am

Saveword, as promised.

172}125}123}123}126}122}15}887}62}640}0}Female Husky}Female Husky}Female Husky}Psycho Weasel}Female Husky}5}0}1}2}0}0}16}6}0}0}journal}0}0}1}0}Bunker}1}2}0}4}0}0}0}0}0}000100B}0}0}0}1}0}3}1}0}1}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0
chantpartA}0}1}8}2}5}1}34}0}0}0}0}3}0}3}5}0}0}0}0}0}0}1}0}0}0}0}99}0430000040000N}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}63}0}0}0}0}11}0}0}0}0}0}0}20}1}4}5}4}0}55}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}2}0}0}0}0}0}100}0}0}0}50}0}0}0}7}1}2}1}0}0}0}0}3}0}84}12}2}6}0}0}0}0}0}1}0}0
chantpartB}2}10}10}0000000003000B}0}1}0}1}51}0}0}0}0}10}50}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}4}AAAAAAAAAAAA}0}0}10}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}2}6}1}0}0}6}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}7}21}4}0}0}0}0}0}0}0}0
MetreMaidPlayer

Postby Wahn » Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:10 am

MetreMaidPlayer wrote:Eric + Tentacles

This scene requires the following conditions while entering the Bunker:
- Last Tome Interaction 10 or more turns ago
- Cboy Eric
- 50% chance success

MetreMaidPlayer wrote:Alexandra+Brutus Double Scene

This should not be possible. Each of the cuckold scenes sets the "lastfuck of Alexandra" scene to the current turn, and there is an 8 turn lockout for a repeat, on top of only a 25% chance for one of these repeat scenes to happen at all.

What is possible is that a lot of different scenes with varied partners fire off. Are you sure that you saw completely identical scenes back to back? If you can, please include a transcript of your Inform client's output for the specific sequence of events.
Wahn

Postby MetreMaidPlayer » Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:07 pm

MetreMaidPlayer wrote:Alexandra+Brutus Double Scene

This should not be possible. Each of the cuckold scenes sets the "lastfuck of Alexandra" scene to the current turn, and there is an 8 turn lockout for a repeat, on top of only a 25% chance for one of these repeat scenes to happen at all.

What is possible is that a lot of different scenes with varied partners fire off. Are you sure that you saw completely identical scenes back to back? If you can, please include a transcript of your Inform client's output for the specific sequence of events.[/quote]

Status: [Inv] [Vial] [Rest] [Save] [Restore] [Saveword] [Hunt]
Exits: northwest west up down [nav, scavenge, explore], Visible Things: yourself Fang Amy Snow Onyx Alexandra Icarus library computer Trixie area
>
rest
You hunker down somewhere secluded for a quick nap.
You are thankfully able to complete your nap in peace.

The sun rises over the city.
As you're taking a moment before getting on to other tasks, you hear some soft growling coming from over at the library entrance. Heading over, you notice that Fang's sniffing around Alexandra again. His canine shaft is dangling erect between the wolf's legs and it is clear what he intends to do with the bitch. As the former cop sees that you're watching, she grins and looks right into your eyes as her hands move to undo the button of her pants. Sliding them down over her long legs, she bares her lower half for everyone to see - and Fang immediately circles around her to stick his muzzle between those legs and lap at her crotch.
Panting in arousal at the wolf licking her, Alexandra smirks at you and shrugs out of her leather jacket in a very provocative way, baring her breasts shaking them in your direction. Seems like she enjoys teasing you while being with another male quite a bit. After having already allowed for them to mate before, you can't help but feel aroused at the sight and drift even closer, ready to watch them go at it.
With yourself just a few steps away from the two of them now, almost close enough to touch, you have an excellent view of what is going on. Your naked dobie bitch panting in arousal and using one hand to play with her nipples, the other on Fang's head as he laps at her crotch. "That's right, you big, bad wolf. You've found yourself a juicy bitch," she barks out, half to Fang and half to you as a challenge. But then, it's already been established that you won't or can't stop the two of them from mating. With a grin on her muzzle, the former cop lowers herself to all fours, tail wagging as she raises her hips for Fang to mount her.
What do you do now?
(Y) - Endure the show of watching the two of them mate.
(N) - Turn around and walk away.
yes or no>
y
Right before your eyes, the feral wolf pounces on the canine woman, driving his pointy cock into her with a lustful growl. She moans and pants as he shifts position and starts fucking away at your prize bitch, sharing in your spoils and renewing his own claim on, and in, her. Alexandra pants and moans like a bitch in heat as the wild wolf pounds into her. But it isn't just animal noises that she makes, as you can hear her call out, "Yeah, take me you wild beast! Give me that hard cock, like a real alpha male would! At least you know how to use your prick to properly fuck a bitch!" It is clear that she means this as a barb towards yourself - and your skill at fucking her - from the way Alexandra stresses the word "you", and the volume of her shout. Fang doesn't really care what she says one way or another, just that she's an available slut to sink his bone into. So she wasn't talking to the wolf rutting her, that's for sure.
As you watch, his throbbing red cock drives into her juicy canine cunt over and over again, her puffy lips stretched around that thick rod. Her breasts sway and she pants, drooling onto the ground as she gets a rough pounding like the kind she's been trained to enjoy. Between her raw cries of lust, she moans about being a bitch, a slut and an animal, and the wolf is more than happy to treat her as such. Continuing to fuck, Fang's pace grows faster still and the wet, slick sounds of them going at it grow louder. Watching this, you become increasingly aroused, the sight of the policewoman so debased as to give herself willingly to an animal to be fucked and bred is very exciting. Taking a hold of your throbbing cock, you start playing with yourself. You work your hand over your hard shaft, stroking in time to the wolf's frantic thrusts. The show is very exciting and you find yourself longing for a chance to share the needy bitch with the wolf in the future.
more

Grinding his knot against her puffy folds, he slowly spreads them open a little more with every hard thrust into her. Finally, her needy cunt stretches open enough and allows the thick bulb entrance before clamping down around it. The two lustful canines howl as Fang's ballsac twitches visibly and hot juices run down Alexandra's legs. The wolf bites down onto the back of her neck as he cums heavily into her and she quivers and pants in ecstasy at this rough treatment. Seeing them getting off and knowing the wolf's hot semen is flooding into the ex-cop has you working your hand frantically, cumming hard moments later.
After draining his balls, the wolf climbs off of Alexandra and turns around while still tied in her, remaining locked inside her like she were a normal dog. She flops down, tired but satisfied, rubbing at her stretched cunt and the base of the wolf cock locked inside herself with a sigh of pleasure. From the look of them, they'll certainly be going at it again sometime soon. You can't help but look forward to that too.
more

You are energetic(771/771).

Exits: northwest west up down [nav, scavenge, explore], Visible Things: yourself Fang Amy Snow Onyx Alexandra Icarus library computer Trixie area
>
rest

Your groin, overflowing with unsatisfied lustful needs, erupts spontaneously that knocks you to your knees. Your cock sprays your hot seed across your clothes and the ground. Your blasted cum leaves a messy splotch of sexual fluids behind from your outburst, feeling only slightly relieved.

You are largely unharmed(771/771).

>
rest

As you're taking a moment before getting on to other tasks, you hear some soft growling coming from over at the library entrance. Heading over, you notice that Fang's sniffing around Alexandra again. His canine shaft is dangling erect between the wolf's legs and it is clear what he intends to do with the bitch. As the former cop sees that you're watching, she grins and looks right into your eyes as her hands move to undo the button of her pants. Sliding them down over her long legs, she bares her lower half for everyone to see - and Fang immediately circles around her to stick his muzzle between those legs and lap at her crotch.
Panting in arousal at the wolf licking her, Alexandra smirks at you and shrugs out of her leather jacket in a very provocative way, baring her breasts shaking them in your direction. Seems like she enjoys teasing you while being with another male quite a bit. After having already allowed for them to mate before, you can't help but feel aroused at the sight and drift even closer, ready to watch them go at it.
With yourself just a few steps away from the two of them now, almost close enough to touch, you have an excellent view of what is going on. Your naked dobie bitch panting in arousal and using one hand to play with her nipples, the other on Fang's head as he laps at her crotch. "That's right, you big, bad wolf. You've found yourself a juicy bitch," she barks out, half to Fang and half to you as a challenge. But then, it's already been established that you won't or can't stop the two of them from mating. With a grin on her muzzle, the former cop lowers herself to all fours, tail wagging as she raises her hips for Fang to mount her.
What do you do now?
(Y) - Endure the show of watching the two of them mate.
(N) - Turn around and walk away.
yes or no>
y
Right before your eyes, the feral wolf pounces on the canine woman, driving his pointy cock into her with a lustful growl. She moans and pants as he shifts position and starts fucking away at your prize bitch, sharing in your spoils and renewing his own claim on, and in, her. Alexandra pants and moans like a bitch in heat as the wild wolf pounds into her. But it isn't just animal noises that she makes, as you can hear her call out, "Yeah, take me you wild beast! Give me that hard cock, like a real alpha male would! At least you know how to use your prick to properly fuck a bitch!" It is clear that she means this as a barb towards yourself - and your skill at fucking her - from the way Alexandra stresses the word "you", and the volume of her shout. Fang doesn't really care what she says one way or another, just that she's an available slut to sink his bone into. So she wasn't talking to the wolf rutting her, that's for sure.
As you watch, his throbbing red cock drives into her juicy canine cunt over and over again, her puffy lips stretched around that thick rod. Her breasts sway and she pants, drooling onto the ground as she gets a rough pounding like the kind she's been trained to enjoy. Between her raw cries of lust, she moans about being a bitch, a slut and an animal, and the wolf is more than happy to treat her as such. Continuing to fuck, Fang's pace grows faster still and the wet, slick sounds of them going at it grow louder. Watching this, you become increasingly aroused, the sight of the policewoman so debased as to give herself willingly to an animal to be fucked and bred is very exciting. Taking a hold of your throbbing cock, you start playing with yourself. You work your hand over your hard shaft, stroking in time to the wolf's frantic thrusts. The show is very exciting and you find yourself longing for a chance to share the needy bitch with the wolf in the future.
more

Grinding his knot against her puffy folds, he slowly spreads them open a little more with every hard thrust into her. Finally, her needy cunt stretches open enough and allows the thick bulb entrance before clamping down around it. The two lustful canines howl as Fang's ballsac twitches visibly and hot juices run down Alexandra's legs. The wolf bites down onto the back of her neck as he cums heavily into her and she quivers and pants in ecstasy at this rough treatment. Seeing them getting off and knowing the wolf's hot semen is flooding into the ex-cop has you working your hand frantically, cumming hard moments later.
After draining his balls, the wolf climbs off of Alexandra and turns around while still tied in her, remaining locked inside her like she were a normal dog. She flops down, tired but satisfied, rubbing at her stretched cunt and the base of the wolf cock locked inside herself with a sigh of pleasure. From the look of them, they'll certainly be going at it again sometime soon. You can't help but look forward to that too.
more

You are energetic(771/771).

Aching with need, you look around for Fang. He's laying by the door, watching the room with his usual alertness. As you walk towards him, he sits up on his haunches. When you reach for him, he lightly nips at your hand and chuffs disapproval. He remains seated, watching you penetratingly as you consider how to approach. A second reach to pat him gets another nip, then he suddenly rears up and knocks you over backwards flat. The oversized wolf clambers up on top of you, his shaggy coat rubbing against your belly as he takes the superior position. He licks your throat twice as he parts your legs and gets into comfortable position.
He hunkers down and nudges forward, pressing the point of his large shaft to your pucker, easing his way into your back door carefully. You can feel that canine member spreading you and can't hold back a groan of pleasure at it as he gets more than half way in. He licks over your throat again, then presses forward, losing another inch to the heat of your girly body as he rocks his way forward bit by bit, burying his sword into your eager flesh. You lift your Female Husky legs as high as you can to raise your ass into better position, allowing Fang to move more easily as he builds up to a soft pounding.
Fattened wolf knot rams against your entrance, demanding past as Fang gives a low growl. He locks his teeth at your throat, drawing you as he gives a powerful push, forcing it in and securing it. Though his movement is much more limited, he resumes thrusting, becoming short sharp motions back and forth between sheath and knot. Shortly, he hits top and explodes into your husky form with thick offerings to your bowels, filling you with the fertile essence as he howls out.
You relax with Fang as his climax ebbs, your own maddening lust feeling less urgent for the play. When he draws from you, you get to your feet and collect your things, feeling much more ready to tackle the wastelands.
You manage to extract a vial of Feral Wolf nanites for study and use.

---------

Not quite back to back, but definitely not 8 turns apart. There are a few scenes doing that for me, but like I said, I'm suspecting a big part of it is the number of people at the bunker for me, as well as that fact that I'm just staying at the bunker. Either resting to get scenes to fire, or traveling to a location to immediately travel back. Alexandra cuckold and Eric with fang are the ones that seem to pop the most, either back to back or with in just a few turns. That said, scanning through my log (and it is quite a long one for this game), its not happening as often as I thought it was. The times where it is really look more like it may have misfired for lack of a better term, was trying to launch a different scene and instead launched same one.

sorry for the long post, but scroll back took up a lot of space
MetreMaidPlayer

Postby ryuzakku » Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:18 am

Somehow I have lost my ability to undo.

No matter what I've done last, I always get the message "undo capacity exhausted, Sorry!"

How do I fix that?
ryuzakku

Postby Wahn » Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:35 am

MetreMaidPlayer wrote:Alexandra + Fang Double Fuck

AH, now I know what's going on - this doesn't concern the new Alexandra Cuckolding at all ... it's Stripes original scenes with the two of them that are missing some lines to set the cooldown up correctly. Fixed it up and will include it in an upcoming update.

Any other identical scenes that fire back to back that you can quote?
Wahn

Postby Wahn » Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:40 am

ryuzakku wrote:Somehow I have lost my ability to undo.

No matter what I've done last, I always get the message "undo capacity exhausted, Sorry!"

How do I fix that?

What Inform interpreter are you using? We recommend WinGit - it's a lot faster than other ones and works well. Some other clients like Gargoyle for example have trouble with the undo function somehow...

-> http://ifarchive.org/if-archive/program ... it-135.zip
Wahn

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat