GUI Saveword Editor - FlexEdit [v2.1.3] [For September 2017]

Re: GUI Saveword Editor - FlexEdit [v2.1.3] [For September 2

Postby KiWolfGirl » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:42 pm

Tried downloading the save editor. Looks nice and is very intuitive. It properly imported my save data with the right stats, then I used it to change my stats and saved them to the same directory. It told me it created a backup. Then I imported them into FS which I run with Windows Glulxe. It took about 20 minutes to finish and did not import the edited stats, just the original ones. Looking at the files in my save directory, here are the files that I have so maybe you can help me know what I did wrong. All files are of type .glkdata and I will use the date modified time to mark which ones were affected by the save editor and which were left unaffected.

FSBeastSave
FSCharacterSave
FSEventSave
FSIndexedTextSave
FSNumberListSave
FSNumberSave
FSPlayerListsSave
FSPlayerSave
FSPossessionSave
FSRoomInventorySave
FSRoomSave
FSTextListSave
FSTextSave
FSTraitSave
FSTruthSave
txsave **
txsave2 **
txsave3 **

All files with ** were affected by the save editor. Is it just that this save editor does not work with the new import/export system? It seems to have a lot of things tied into save word and recite which AFAIK aren't used anymore.
KiWolfGirl

Postby Survivalbreath » Sun Jan 20, 2019 3:58 pm

What is a saveword?
Survivalbreath

Postby meemo » Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:37 am

Tried downloading the save editor. ....help me know what I did wrong. ....

KiWolfGirl - sorry it appears this save editor is not supported anymore. The only way to edit saves is by exporting your save and directly editing the save files. Honestly I've tried for several hours to get even that method to work properly, and it is very difficult and time consuming, the load process takes forever now, and the files are all spread out and it's basically a gigantic wall of numbers in the save files.

I've been trying over the last few months to mention that some sort of a better system for editing saves would be very nice, but I think people have been busy and no one has really gotten to it. There is some limited information in this thread and one other (i'll try to find the link) where you can get some information on how to do it, but sadly at the moment, most people are out of luck when it comes to save editing. The new system for the save system is definitely not user-friendly.

Here are the resources i could find on these forums for save editing.
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1237 (NEW save (import/export format) editing tools)
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1197&start=10 (another thread about save editing, discord is mentioned, but i don't use discord, and no one has really transferred the 'information' over here yet that i have found).

I try to check in on this game every month or so and see if there is an easier way to edit saves yet, but nothing really seems forthcoming at this time. Which makes me a bit sad, I haven't really been able to play this game for months because I just lack the time. I have maybe an hour or two in the evening, then I have to sleep and go back to work, real-life time constraints are keeping me from playing because I just don't have time to do it properly. The game is honestly quite grindy, the old save-word system was a great way to allow players to experiment and skip the grind, but now there isn't a good system for this, and it has definitely made it harder to get into.
meemo

Previous

Return to General Chat