Missing Events

Missing Events

Postby alitaisirhasan » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:21 pm

So I've downloaded the most recent version and David seems to be gone. He was apart of the saveword before right? Either way, I cannot relocate his event, nor can I discover Camp Bravo. I can't get Nermine to get me to capture Brutus either.

Eric, likewise, was not reinstated when I loaded my game, but I was able to retrieve him. Edit: After Fang goes after Eric, talking to him gives me an error with Eric's HP:14.

Another unrelated missing thing seems to be the Strange Fox encounter. Finding it simply leads to a random combat encounter and nothing else.
alitaisirhasan

Re: Missing Events

Postby Wahn » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:57 pm

This all very much sounds like the saveword you used was incomplete, applying wrong values all over the place. Did you maybe lose part of it when copying? Also, please post the serial number your version of the game has (shown on a new game start, should be "Serial number 170328")

I did just grab the current online-available "Flexible Survival.gblorb" file, loaded a saveword, got David, updated the saveword, started a new game and brought him back by using the saveword (using the "load game" command) - all of that worked flawlessly. Therefore I have to assume something went wrong with your saveword. You can post it here too if you want and I can try to diagnose which part of it is missing. Even one missing number or symbol makes it completely jumbled btw.
Wahn

Postby alitaisirhasan » Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:19 pm

I just used the saveword>load game automatic command thing. I've never had an issue with it before? I'm also unsure as to how that could have affected the Strange Fox event.

Serial 170328 though, and I don't have that save anymore. I guess I didn't really think that one through too well ._.

Edit: It looks like it really is my save file. Everything, even the Strange Fox encounters works fine on a fresh character. I didn't even know the Strange Fox encounter was a part of the save word system. I certainly hadn't done it. I wonder what went wrong with the copying.
alitaisirhasan

Postby Wahn » Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:47 pm

Yeah, if it had been a single error in something I changed in the last update, that might have been it... but a massive number of errors all at once usually is caused by a safeword problem. If one single character in a saveword is missing, it will apply all the values to the wrong variables, totally devastating the game.
Wahn

Return to General Chat